Sudden changes that are gamebreaking

Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 736 ★★★
Doing 9.1 yesterday, I noticed 2 annoying differences to how everything normally goes.
No.1: I can't medium intercept anymore and light intercepting is nearly impossible. When you dash back and they dash in, you used to be able to medium intercept super easily as long as they dashed in, but now it's LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE.
NO.2: When using onslaught, you can usually do the first hit of his heavy into his sp1 or 2, but whenever I do the exact technique I used before, they just block the special! Kabam, this is not a skill gap. The game is changing in all the wrong ways and we DO NOT LIKE OR WANT IT. FIX YOUR GAME!!!!

Comments

• Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 736 ★★★
    It's not even that I'm getting intercepted (which I am ofc). It's that it's impossible to intercept them!
    And thd onslaught problem us maddening
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,345 Guardian
    Are you using the same champions you used before, and are you facing the same champions you faced before. Intercepting can be more difficult with some champions and not others. If you're using ronin, who has a tiny light attack reach, vs XL onslaught or venom, then you'll have a very hard time actually getting intercepts in. Each champion has unique animations so the experience is going to be different from champion to champion.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,011 ★★★★★
    Agree to point number-1

Before it was 100% chance that you'd land your dash back attack, now it's 50-50.
    Pikolu said:

Are you using the same champions you used before, and are you facing the same champions you faced before. Intercepting can be more difficult with some champions and not others. If you're using ronin, who has a tiny light attack reach, vs XL onslaught or venom, then you'll have a very hard time actually getting intercepts in. Each champion has unique animations so the experience is going to be different from champion to champion.

Nothing has changed. It happened against rol winter soldier and cap marvel (I didn't go further than them for testing reasons)
    And lots of other champs
  • CoMinowCoMinow Member Posts: 329 ★★
    This isn’t new. Kabam would rather have angry frustrated customers than allow the game to have same rules for players

It’s more profitable when they can break the rules… wait until you get your striker blocked after their first hit connects. Because it’s a game “it’s not supposed to be fair”
    Even though it’s literally the foundation of any game, competition or sport that both parties have the same rules governing them.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,197 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

Doing 9.1 yesterday, I noticed 2 annoying differences to how everything normally goes.
    No.1: I can't medium intercept anymore and light intercepting is nearly impossible. When you dash back and they dash in, you used to be able to medium intercept super easily as long as they dashed in, but now it's LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE.
    NO.2: When using onslaught, you can usually do the first hit of his heavy into his sp1 or 2, but whenever I do the exact technique I used before, they just block the special! Kabam, this is not a skill gap. The game is changing in all the wrong ways and we DO NOT LIKE OR WANT IT. FIX YOUR GAME!!!!

Damn that's crazy
    Should've quoted 12 times, since he is awesomep12, Not awesomep10
    Damn. You're so right. Well as long as we keep quoting a Hella long message just to write barely anything I think the joke works
  • CoMinowCoMinow Member Posts: 329 ★★
    edited September 13
    The “ai” reacts directly to your inputs rather than reacting to your champs actions

If you hit the special, they launch a special. If the where reacting to your actions they could not because your special would happen. The computer simply does not have to wait to see what action you’re performing to react. It knows when the input happens and reacts as though you are directing them and your own champ.

What say you ninja dexing @KabamDORK ???
  • OurobørosOurobøros Member Posts: 1,508 ★★★★
    The intercept one I disagree, you need to intercept Orochi and it was easy and smooth, but the Onslaught one I agree, is getting on my nerves, the same with Dani Moonstar, you trigger falter, the opponent tries to hit once and hold block
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,395 ★★★★★
    The AI has always been frustrating, no matter how they tweak it. Sucks.
  • NüΚΞNüΚΞ Member Posts: 217 ★★★
    I don’t think this is skill issue. I mean it relates to all of the complaints that have been ai driven. We are simply facing a different ai. Light intercept, draft back intercept and special intercept are the name of the game now.

For me it’s every other fight in arena where the opponent draft back intercepts me. And when you try to intercept the opponent simply dashes back in the hopes to set up yet another intercept. I have learned to dash in once and just parry. Because ai is so geared to draft back intercept it’s almost a guarantee parry.

If you notice the ai being cagey they are probably getting ready to special intercept you so you just have to wait it out.

I also have ai that will just wait out your ramp. Photon for example I can’t count the times I get into light mode and ai goes passive… last of her charges fall off they’re super aggressive again.

9.1 was easy, but also full of all the typical ai issues throughout every path. It really sucks that Kabam does nothing, no response and we are left to decide on giving up our investment in our account and walking away from the game or just accepting it.

Kabam should address this they don’t. Imagine buying a game for your console or pc and suddenly the fight mechanics changed… you’d return the game siting a major bug with it. We unfortunately can not return our investment and Kabam has given up on saying anything. It’s by far the worst part of the game at the moment.

Very ironic that Dorky Dave came back because I learned to intercept via his videos. Try those videos now and you’re getting clapped. It’s that simple.

Kabam - you should a. Admit to changing the ai, you can say “Hey summoners sorry we have modified the AI due to the overall skill of most summoner and the need for better challenges.”

B. Address the damn problem and stop making vague statements, “it’s on our radar, we are looking at it, we hear you, it’s complicated.”

I think the long stand players deserve an answer.
  • ToniXD_16ToniXD_16 Member Posts: 135
    I back the guy who said skill issue because it just is, block a frame before dashing back then you will aquire new skill
    Thank you nuke. I couldn't have said it better myself
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,932 ★★★★★
    Funny that a couple of days ago, someone pointed out that the AI was going to be fixed based on a champion deep dive video ...

Well guess it's worse huh ... not surprising
  • KabamDORKKabamDORK Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 69 ★★★
    Hey Summoners, chiming in here as I know the AI and fight experiences have not been the most enjoyable for some of you. I've commented and updated on this thread. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/2595129#Comment_2595129

Right now the team is actively investigating, testing, and working on how we interact with the AI, but for now, I do not have a significant update for you. It IS a priority for us and they ARE working on it and I'll drop an update as soon as I hear something!

edited September 13
    KabamDORK said:

Hey Summoners, chiming in here as I know the AI and fight experiences have not been the most enjoyable for some of you. I've commented and updated on this thread. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/2595129#Comment_2595129

Right now the team is actively investigating, testing, and working on how we interact with the AI, but for now, I do not have a significant update for you. It IS a priority for us and they ARE working on it and I'll drop an update as soon as I hear something!

Thanks dave. Hope something happens soon 🙏
    BigBlueOx said:

KabamDORK said:

How about just isolating AI recovery time and giving us an update? So tired of AI not being forced to finish animations before parrying or punishing us with a special with in a special animation
    Very true. It's annoying af
  • NONYABIZZNONYABIZZ Member Posts: 428 ★★★
    I may need to start having my screen record on Everytime I play mcoc 😂. I just fought an ABS man In war with leader (took 3 minutes as usual 😒). Anyways, I landed a 5 hit combo into special 2 on abs and when I threw my special he blocked it. Made me doubt myself for a minute there because I swear I landed those 5 hits into in his face😂.

Anyways you cannot FIX the AI because these things have always gone at random, the AI chooses randomly which action to take in response to the players input.
    I do side with the fact that it was less risky to intercept before and the frequent light intercepts have got to stop but we as players also have to understand that everything cannot go out way all the time and we need to take accountability for such, getting hit by an intercept is not legitimately an "AI" issue, an intercept is still an intercept, it is a risk and not a guaranteed opening.

But What KABAM "CAN" fix is the AI recovery for specials and heavies, new champs are all having nearly unpunishable heavy attacks eg bullseye, leader, dust etc and special attacks eg onslaught and leader. It is not enjoyable being in the middle of the screen and worrying about punishing a heavy attack from a defender knowing they do not recover at all from them or their specials EG onslaught sp1 recovery In comparison to others like doctor doom special 1 and 2 is heavily unfair. Bullseye heavy in comparison to a 1 hit heavy attack from Sasquatch is also crazily unfair. You cannot punish these champions heavy/special from a far distance without catching a GUARANTEED light attack to the face.

Although kabam have said multiple times that they're working on the problem, we as a community should try to encourage them a few times and not add to the problem by yelling on the forums Everytime. This is TECHNOLOGY and most importantly coding and AI it was never easy especially with something as broad and diverse as this game, cut them some slack.
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,775 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

KabamDORK said:

How about just isolating AI recovery time and giving us an update? So tired of AI not being forced to finish animations before parrying or punishing us with a special with in a special animation
    This right here ^^^

Absolutely ridiculous they can skip their animation and we cannot.
  • Tempest_024Tempest_024 Member Posts: 107
    I've always noticed when act content comes out, it always "feels" slightly different from the rest of the areas of the game. I can't put my finger on it but I've always noticed it. At least act 7 and 8.

I've always noticed when act content comes out, it always "feels" slightly different from the rest of the areas of the game. I can't put my finger on it but I've always noticed it. At least act 7 and 8.

I said that it happened in rol too. Not just act content. Oh, also bg. It happened there too
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    edited September 13

KabamDORK said:

Thanks dave. Hope something happens soon 🙏
    It won't.

We're getting semi-regular updates for the past half year.

And those updates are "we're still aware of it."

Not a single actionable thing has happened yet.
  • CookinEwoksCookinEwoks Member Posts: 176 ★★
    I'm not sure if it's just chee liths animations, but light intercepting with her is impossible. I used her for the first time in 8.1.6 and the hit box is so trash