Negative red units for no reason

I have been suspended for a "suspicious purchase" and violating Terms of Conducts 10 and 15, however, I have not purchased anything at all. I tried contacting Kabam support but they just didn't wanna help.

Comments

• ShuGokisShuGokis Member Posts: 572 ★★★
    You don’t get negative units for no reason, someone did a refund. suspended for purchases is a new one as well.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,242 Guardian
    “Suspicious purchase” aka made a purchase with payment details that seemed fraudulent.

Either the person whose payment details that actually was disputed the charges, or asked for a refund.
    (or is “shared” in the family, one owner cancelled it without checking with partner/children/etc whether it was an actual purchase.

Or, similarly, if you say you never made a purchase, that someone else went on your device to play the game and made the purchase without you knowing they purchased anything.

Or payment details were actually “invalid” or otherwise recognized as fraudulent, etc, and Google/Apple cancelled the transaction themselves afterward.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Member Posts: 2,362 ★★★★
    all i can say is i don't believe anyone when they say "i didn't do it"
    too many people that did do it say they didn't.
  • mattavelimattaveli Member Posts: 75
    This company are not very good at what they do so wouldn’t surprise me if they suspended you mistakenly & don’t want to admit they F’d up
  • TerraTerra Member Posts: 8,287 ★★★★★
    mattaveli said:

This company are not very good at what they do so wouldn’t surprise me if they suspended you mistakenly & don’t want to admit they F’d up

Dude. Are you for real?
    ☠️
  • Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Member Posts: 1,676 ★★★★
    edited September 15
    Could you not check to see if you got an refunds on your purchase through the app store or google store? They shoudl have all your records in terms of purchase and refunds. This would either clear you or convict you. You wouldn't have to worry about I don't think I did anything wrong or I can't recall doing it. Just find out 100% if the suspension is legit or not. I guess you can also check your credit card company for any refund as well. In this case, you can always find the answer.
    Yes Terra. I am for real. You have an issue with it?
    edited September 15
    You keep believing that. What ever makes you sleep better at night.
  • KoiBoy18KoiBoy18 Member Posts: 332 ★★★

I have been suspended for a "suspicious purchase" and violating Terms of Conducts 10 and 15, however, I have not purchased anything at all. I tried contacting Kabam support but they just didn't wanna help.

If you're on Android, it's very easy to check purchase and refund history

1. Open Google Play app
    2. Click on 3 dots icon in upper right corner
    3. Choose payments and subscriptions
    4. Choose budget and payment

Im sure Apple has a similar feature..,don't know about Xolla
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,760 ★★★★★
    mattaveli said:

You keep believing that. What ever makes you sleep better at night.

You need to calm down. Negative units only happen when you request a refund though your app store. It's the only way to get them. This isn't a matter of a wrongful ban, it's an issue if OP wants to admit they asked for a refund.
    I’m calm @Demonzfyre. No idea why you don’t think I would be. Ppl claiming “Kabam wouldn’t do this unless this had happened”. Maybe the person didn’t ask for a refund. Maybe Kabam wrongfully gave them -units & don’t want to own up to making a mistake.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,760 ★★★★★
    So reading this thread, it doesn't seem to be an actual refund issue. These are section 10 and 15 which seem to be because of third party applications. Assuming the OP used BlueStacks or Nox-

• SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,242 Guardian
    Interesting @Demonzfyre

Glossed over the original mention of ToC, because they said NEGATIVE UNITS (thought it was only Negative Units that was the issue).

But they also said SUSPENDED (so, Banned ???) because of suspicious purchase *AND* violating ToC #’s 10 +15.

Might be something like trying to use a fraudulent payment card #, etc.

Or hired a Merc to do content for them, and the Merc tried to put thru a purchase with something like a stolen credit card (or Play Card) info ??
    Or hacked into user info to try and purchase something for THIS account by using payment details of some other player ??

Or like you said, the timing of refund made it seem like it was from earlier. Similar to how Purchases themselves are sometimes grouped together.

Like some other person here recently, saw a purchase in their card. Said they didn’t do a purchase that day, so asked for refund. Didn’t realize until later that the “new” purchase was actually from some days earlier WHEN THEY DID make a purchase. And got negative units for it (rightfully so).
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Member Posts: 1,913 ★★★★
    Thanks @Demonzfyre for this new insight. Taking all this into account, it seems likely that OP was caught using a fraudulent payment method, or was using an APK client or merc
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Member Posts: 2,362 ★★★★
    mattaveli said:

i dunno how they can keep a mobile game running for 10 years and making millions if they are not somewhat good at what they do...
    just saying...
    its like saying mcdonalds is bad at what they do.
    like their food or not, but its pretty obvious they know what they are doing.
  • FrydayFryday Member Posts: 955 ★★★★
    Maat1985 said:

mattaveli said:

i dunno how they can keep a mobile game running for 10 years and making millions if they are not somewhat good at what they do...
    just saying...
    its like saying mcdonalds is bad at what they do.
    like their food or not, but its pretty obvious they know what they are doing.
    Yep same thing can be said about tobacco 🤣🤣🤣, doesn't mean those companies conduct themselves correctly or have any concern about their consumers.

Also in my view Mcdonald itself (not the franchise) business isn't about food but properties