**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

A different Blade discussion

EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
Since Blade apparently isn’t OP let’s discuss effective ways to defend against him and the trinity in war. Obviously we all have 5/65 iceman so he can probably make a dent what else has the community discovered that can effectively counter the trio ?

Comments

• EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    1. Stop crying
    2. Build more diverse defenders
    3. Place a spiderman classic or NC as bosses/minis

Watch how fast people drop the trio, especially with the last one.
    My sincerest apologies your mystic wars are ruined.

While I may carry a sarcastic tone I am asking a legitimate question. Nothing you suggested offers any value in shutting down the trio. And obviously some people are going to be bringing iceman so your NC and spidey defence isn’t stopping anything.
  • vd016vd016 Posts: 48
    EvilEmpire wrote: »
    1. Stop crying

While I may carry a sarcastic tone I am asking a legitimate question. Nothing you suggested offers any value in shutting down the trio. And obviously some people are going to be bringing iceman so your NC and spidey defence isn’t stopping anything.

In that case there's a counter for every defender in the game.
    vd016 wrote: »
    1. Stop crying

In that case there's a counter for every defender in the game.

Well that’s the thing this is suppose to be a lock and key dynamic because the fighting is so simplistic but having a champ that covers so many of the legitimate challenges is good how exactly?
  • BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    Blade and most other champs get rekt by Iceman
    Boboman wrote: »
    Blade and most other champs get rekt by Iceman

He’s easy to fight, gets “rekt” by stark (part of the trio) and also SL who everyone has/brings
    HeroBoltsy wrote: »
    Colossus. Period. His one sole use.

Completely useless champ for D if you are losing to colossus you should probably quit the game
  • BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    A beefed up 4/55 Awakened Iceman and a stacked node rip
    Boboman wrote: »
    A beefed up 4/55 Awakened Iceman and a stacked node rip

Iceman is an ok option but he doesn’t dominate we’ve encountered 4/55 on boss and mini nodes and other than the initial cold snap he isn’t very hard. As mentioned above stark and SL are going to still be used a lot, iceman and the trio. Not really seeing how to get many stops with those guys filling up everyone rosters.
    1. Stop crying

You asked about shutting down the trio (implying its a very common AW attack squad), now you say some people are bringing in iceman.

I do not understand, are people finding a way to bring in 4 champs? Or are you saying some people opt to bring in iceman, which would mean they are not using the trio?

I guess you value things differently. You asked for defenders that shut down the trio. I gave you two solid answers very quickly. The fact you said "nothing you said offers any value" when it was plain and simply put really emphasizes the "trollness/sarcasticness" of your post. Try harder.

I do not mean to be rude but really these nerf motives are sooo 2017. #ripmysticwars2017

Not sure what you are struggling with, guys bring the trio and others bring iceman, SL. What options are there to defend ? We both know the answer to this. Basically nothing but keep telling me how Blade isn’t OP.
    Drewbe14 wrote: »
    Not sure what you are struggling with, guys bring the trio and others bring iceman, SL. What options are there to defend ? We both know the answer to this. Basically nothing but keep telling me how Blade isn’t OP.

Take it u dont have a blade huh? Gotta love the “nerf them they’re strong and I don’t have them” threads. Your not gonna make a defense that is uncounterable and mystic wars have been runnin wild. Hes not OP hes whats needed to balance the mystic wars. Kabam just needs to buff some heros for defense making them viable defenders so its not ALL mystics an villians.[/quote]

The old “guess you don’t have ... champ” counter argument. I asked for legitimate defence options and so far we have one in iceman and he’s really not very hard. Widespread overhauls of old champs seems unlikely. Thank you everyone for the wonderful suggestions to further demonstrate my point. Honestly I’m not a huge fan of nerfs, what they did to DS and SW was hard to swallow for some. I had a 5/50 SW at the time and it sucked to lose my best champ but in the big picture it was the right move. Not sure why it’s so hard to accept this as a broken concept.
  • Drewbe14Drewbe14 Posts: 122
    Every champ has a counter and blade IS the counter or NERF to mystic wars. More than half of the champs in the game dont proc his danger sense even if u have the trio synergies. They didnt put diversity in an try it out for fun to piss everyone off. They did it bc they wanted to counter mystic wars..enter blade. Yes i do have a blade i was lucky enough to pull one from a FGMC. Hes a good champ but hes not a be all end all champ hes not gonna do everything for u. The argument ur making could be made for Alot of the “God tier” champs needing nerfs but do u really want a game of all “meh” champs?
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Max diversity
    Don’t die once

And wait till they hide defenders again. Everyone thinks it’s easy when they can plan every path fight by fight. Hidden defenders return and the shitshow will commence.

For bonus tiebreaker points... stop crying. Blade isn’t the only champ targeting mystic wars. Kabam has more champs coming to help bury that garbage forever.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    1. Stop crying

You asked about shutting down the trio (implying its a very common AW attack squad), now you say some people are bringing in iceman.

I do not understand, are people finding a way to bring in 4 champs? Or are you saying some people opt to bring in iceman, which would mean they are not using the trio?

I guess you value things differently. You asked for defenders that shut down the trio. I gave you two solid answers very quickly. The fact you said "nothing you said offers any value" when it was plain and simply put really emphasizes the "trollness/sarcasticness" of your post. Try harder.

I do not mean to be rude but really these nerf motives are sooo 2017. #ripmysticwars2017

And there it is, next time come out and just say it instead of coming up with an elaborated way to cry "nerf-blade". Point proven. Bye troll try harder.
    Medusa/Cable/Agent Venom/Yondu do well for us in AW regardless of attackers. Don’t think the trio has any advantage against them.

Yep add these good defenders to the list too with NC and spiderman (classic). Unfortunately as helpful as it may be to answer the o.p's original post, it is a) probably going to dismissed by the o.p. because it quickly shutsdown the concern of trio-counters b) just another dressed up nerf-blade thread.

• GrubGrub Posts: 258 ★★★
    Cable is a great defender for blade. Every time Cable is parried or used a special a strong ass Degen applies to Blade. Game over!!!
    edited January 2018
    Let’s nerf Stark Spidey/Voodoo/AA/Iceman/GR well we at it too. No champs should do above average damage. Stark Spidey is countered by cosmic champs/ Voodoo is mediocre against poison immune/ AA is hampered by bleed or poison immune and downright horrible against double immune/ Iceman gets owned by the god tier tech damage dealers (SL & Starky/ Blade gets owned by Cable or Bleed immune champs. He doesn’t need or will get a nerf. People are just jealous and pissed off there over priced MD mystic defenders now have a counter and if they don’t have Blade and have to die on those BS mystic defenders everyone else should too. If anything don’t nerf blade nerf Kabam **** RNG fiesta crystals.
    Medusa/Cable/Agent Venom/Yondu do well for us in AW regardless of attackers. Don’t think the trio has any advantage against them.

Yandu and Medusa are quality defenders but that’s a pretty thin pool. Cable while effective against blade is an AQ boss we are all experienced playing and unless the map goes back to mystery nodes again isn’t catching anyone by surprise. AV rarely kills anyone anymore so to say he a counter to blade is inaccurate.
    That is also an issue once the nodes in war hidden again and cables are placed strategically it will lessen blades god tier status in AW. Right now you can bring a team tailor made for each and every fight which makes blades use in AW seem overpowered because he is so good against the **** MD mystic defenders that are overused inAW.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018

Yandu and Medusa are quality defenders but that’s a pretty thin pool. Cable while effective against blade is an AQ boss we are all experienced playing and unless the map goes back to mystery nodes again isn’t catching anyone by surprise. AV rarely kills anyone anymore so to say he a counter to blade is inaccurate.

What level of the game have you progressed to? Curious how my 11 months of experience compares. Regardless I’m glad you think 3 out of 4 of my suggestions are legitimate.
    1. Stop crying

And there it is, next time come out and just say it instead of coming up with an elaborated way to cry "nerf-blade". Point proven. Bye troll try harder.

Yep add these good defenders to the list too with NC and spiderman (classic). Unfortunately as helpful as it may be to answer the o.p's original post, it is a) probably going to dismissed by the o.p. because it quickly shutsdown the concern of trio-counters b) just another dressed up nerf-blade thread.

Ok just gonna try and get back on track. There is almost nothing that presents a challenge to the trio. That’s the point I’m trying to make, obviously a few exceptions but cable, iceman, yandu and medusa aren’t a diverse enough group to reasonably stop battle groups that have a few guys rocking the trio or even just blade and stark. My alliance is T1/2 in war have almost everyone in the game and even 4/55 modok isn’t exactly dominating D on the debuff immune mini boss node. You don’t have to agree with me but what I’m seeing is unbalanced.
    Trap wrote: »
    What do you mean blade needs to be nerf he needs a good old buff, regen to 90% health, let’s talk about buffing all champs and drop this stupid nerf blade BS

Blade is far from OP I die all the time with my 5/65 blade

Do you realistically think that 75 bad champs are getting fully revamped to counter one ? I would love to see that personally but that’s never happening.
  • SpidermancgSpidermancg Posts: 19
    The absolute best defense against the OP trio is.........hope the player makes a mistake and gets destroyed by your Defenders.
    Well anyways assuming I’m not out to lunch and Blade is eventually determined by collected data to have been a misstep I hope players are fairly compensated I realize a lot of you put considerable time and money into getting him. I’m currently sitting on around 60k shards and the generic Ag I got from from wrapping act 5 so I’m considering “going for him”. Can’t say I’m not considering avoiding him also because we all remember 12.0
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    Since Blade apparently isn’t OP let’s discuss effective ways to defend against him and the trinity in war. Obviously we all have 5/65 iceman so he can probably make a dent what else has the community discovered that can effectively counter the trio ?

Please don't tell me you think Blade is a hard defender? He's a piece of cake to beat.

Please don't tell me you think Blade is a hard defender? He's a piece of cake to beat.

Have never encounter him in AWD couldn’t tell you.