Stream Recap - October 4, 2024

Ackbar67Ackbar67 Member Posts: 448 ★★★★

October Content - House of Horrors/Jack's Bounty-full Hunt

Side Quest is a new Bounties type event. Run the Side Quest 3x per week to trigger a Bounty for your alliance. More details below, and full details here

Scream/Jack o Lantern

Scream builds Madness which can be used to trigger lots of unique buffs. She can autoblock, and has access to Undermine. She can stack lots of bleeds and armor breaks, especially against opponents with non-contact attacks. She will likely be a very good tech counter, especially in PVP content. Her auto block will add some defensive ability but it is possible to play around

Jack can inflict Cowardice debuffs which also serve as a bias against sp1. He is immune to reversed controls and can parry non-contact attacks. He has lots of damage over time, some of which is tailored towards Mutants. He is expected to be a great Onslaught counter with answers to most of his strongest abilities.

Deep Dives go live over the weekend

Glorious Guardians

Between now and the 10 year anniversary, 6 champions will be reworked. The first two are coming next month, with 2 more in November and December

Purgatory
  • Has access to Neutralize
  • Holds souls for entire quest
  • Doesn't require KO to capture
  • Upgraded soul abilities
  • Easier to built Bloodthird
  • Easier to stay in Demonic Rampage
Medusa
  • Can gain up to 6 furies
  • First 3 furies are indefinite
  • Stronger Armor Shatter

Alliance Super Season

• Similar to Cap's Enlistment event last year
  • Focusing on multiplayer gamemodes
  • Alliance Event, Solo Objectives, Login Calendar
  • October 9 - November 13
Bounty Missions
  • Multiplayer participation triggers a Bounty choice for alliance
  • Players choose their Bounty target and fight them in a special quest
  • After doing enough regular Bounties, trigger an Elite Bounty
  • Elite Bounties are harder fights, but better rewards
  • Elite Bounties reset weekly
  • Must be in an alliance to get full rewards
  • October 9 - November 6

October Double Track

• October 3 - 31
  • Standard double track, one free track, one paid

Other Upcoming Events

• AW Showcase 3
  • SOS Gauntlet

60 FPS

• Coming November

Visual Updates

• She Hulk
  • Venom

Free Champions

From now until December, one free champion is able to be received per month. Go to the main website and sign up with an email to receive a special monthly promo code through that email. Codes will be unique for each player and thus cannot be shared.

Comments

• JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,459 ★★★★

Light is fast, but ackbar is faster.

Bro one day ima come on here before the stream and bro would have written the recap for 3 years later talking bout r5 7 star coming next month an dat
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,415 ★★★★★
    I didn’t think a Medusa buff was necessary (just release her as a 7*), but it looks promising
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,306 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

I didn’t think a Medusa buff was necessary (just release her as a 7*), but it looks promising

It's most likely she is easy to buff and goes well with scream release.
  • Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Member Posts: 1,739 ★★★★
    edited October 4
    Thanks for the quick recap. Much appreciated.
    Dam my email on this account was hacked so I can't access it anymore. Does anyone know a way to change the email address attached to an account. I have tried changing it many times in game but it reverting back to the old one.
  • PandingoPandingo Member Posts: 1,048 ★★★★
    I didn't see a promo code
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,306 ★★★★★

Dam my email on this account was hacked so I can't access it anymore. Does anyone know a way to change the email address attached to an account. I have tried changing it many times in game but it reverting back to the old one.

Write to kabam. They'll ask questions to verify your identity. If you pass, they'll change your email without sending a verification mail or otp to your old email. I also changed my email like this.

Bonus points if you have written to kabam already with your new email (So they can easily verify your identity).
  • Super_Cretu90Super_Cretu90 Member Posts: 174

Contact Kabam Support.
  • Super_Cretu90Super_Cretu90 Member Posts: 174
    Pandingo said:

I didn't see a promo code

StrikerSpare

Write to kabam. They'll ask questions to verify your identity. If you pass, they'll change your email without sending a verification mail or otp to your old email. I also changed my email like this.

Bonus points if you have written to kabam already with your new email (So they can easily verify your identity).
    Thanks, I will try this. I do know my email loggin and password so that's a plus.
  • jdschwjdschw Member Posts: 383 ★★★
    wait...what website are we supposed to log into in order to get free champions?
  • Ackbar67Ackbar67 Member Posts: 448 ★★★★
    jdschw said:

wait...what website are we supposed to log into in order to get free champions?

https://playcontestofchampions.com/giveaway
  • jdschwjdschw Member Posts: 383 ★★★
    Thanks! Bummer that it's just a 6*, but hey, free champs are free champs!
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 919 ★★★★
    Was there any confirmation about whether Medusa and Purgatory will be in the Titan or in the banquet crystals?
  • spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Member Posts: 367 ★★★
    jdschw said:

Thanks! Bummer that it's just a 6*, but hey, free champs are free champs!

Or, if you already own them, free iso and more signature levels.

Was there any confirmation about whether Medusa and Purgatory will be in the Titan or in the banquet crystals?

No confirmation. Players are speculating and that's all.
  • Ackbar67Ackbar67 Member Posts: 448 ★★★★

No confirmation, but last year, there was a special crystal tied to the Banquet called the 'Gifted Guardian' crystal, with one of each class. We know that there will be 6 buffed champions, with the last two coming out a couple weeks before Banquet, and they are called the 'Glorious Guardians'. It seems extremely likely that they will be tied to Banquet similar to last year's
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 999 ★★★
    Are the free champs 6* or 7* for paragons and valiants?
  • 5ra5ra Member Posts: 63
    @KabamDORK I really appreciated that you gave the dates for the pre release and arena for the new champs.
  • felanomafelanoma Member Posts: 54
    In the Website you just have to suscribe right!?
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 999 ★★★
    felanoma said:

In the Website you just have to suscribe right!?

Yes
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,340 Guardian
    edited October 4
    Not from Stream, but a BugFix nonetheless (from 47.0 Release Notes)
    (Quote)
    Fixed an issue with the “Use ISO from Stash” feature not using enough ISO to sufficiently level up Champions

So, does this also change it so that it defaults to seeing “expiring sooner” shown at top (instead of by Size or expiring later).
    And will that let you click ALL (to fully Levelup) and actually mark everything from “expiring sooner” first and then on down, instead of how it currently (not very intuitively) marks the ISO in Stash in some odd fashion to be used for the Levelup ??

I hate that every time I go in there, I have to do 3 things.
    Turn OFF the Auto-Select (because it is NOT smart).
    Change Filter order to “Expiring Sooner”.
    (*even turning Auto-Select back on afterwards here doesn’t work, still doesn’t take any changed filter sorted order into account).
    And then select what CLASS to use (that one should be the only one you should have to do when you go in there).

And then actually a whole lot more things, because you have to manually select every single ISO you want to use, because the “Smart/Auto” is not smart.
    There is practical confirmation, on social media kabam said they are going in special 7 star pools for december
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 919 ★★★★

There is practical confirmation, on social media kabam said they are going in special 7 star pools for december

That makes me wonder who the 2 extra champs will be for the Titan. They have to be good since the Titan pool has been underwhelming lately
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,675 ★★★★★

That makes me wonder who the 2 extra champs will be for the Titan. They have to be good since the Titan pool has been underwhelming lately
    Nah. They don't have to be "good" they have to be new as a 7* that's it. That's the only requirement. When will yall finally understand that.

I really want toad and stealthy but toad is r6 and stealthy is r4 asc so......on the fence bout that. Toad would benefit from crit rating so much. Waso would be good too
    I can just see someone doing “brute force” / “trial and error” scripted entering of random AI generated potential codes, to try and find codes meant for other people.

Hopefully for each Forum Account, you will also be limited to just claiming 1 giveaway code each month. (not just limit each code itself to only 1 use, but limiting the people trying to use them).
    Or maybe limit the number of “attempts” you get if you incorrectly enter it at first (like an iPhone password lockout).

In any case, DO NOT SHARE IT when you get it in email, if the person you share it with uses it before you do, it will no longer work for yourself.

(above, edit may not have been inserted).

Would be great if system could track which Codes are meant for which email-linked account.
    And that if someone ELSE (based on email account) tries to enter the code that was sent to YOUR email, it would come up as “invalid” for them.

**but not sure the system could be setup that way or not