**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

PRIORITY ORDER

Please help me figure out which of my 4 star heroes are worth leveling up and in which order should I rank/level them up. I had posted this previously but I've gotten a few new 4* Champions and want to know peoples thoughts on who to invest resources in first. Please provide insight into their strengths. Thank you!

CHAMPIONS (in best to worst order based on my opinion) :

Hood (Awakened)
Yondu
King Groot (Awakened)
Nighcrawler
Captain MArvel (Awakened)

Star Lord
Quake
Loki
Daredevil (Netflix)
Yellowjacket
Civil Warrior
Abomination
Iron Fist
War Machine
Agent Venom
Luke Cage
Vulture
Ant Man

Order sound about right?

Comments

• Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    Yeah, I guess.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Rank synergized squads...3 interconnected champs then build from there.
  • SupremeWarlordSupremeWarlord Posts: 293
    I could rank Luke/Iron Fist/Daredevil, but none of them are great individually (although I like Daredevil for precision and evade). Are their synergies worth it?
  • imnooneimnoone Posts: 316 ★★
    Quack is great even unduped so I would put her higher up
    Captain Marvel and NC over king groot any day.
    Agent Venom is a great defender even unduped so I would put him up there with SL as well.
  • BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    Vulture is not garbage no where near
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    hood and quake and the vulture
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Boboman wrote: »

Do you have any videos or pics of him doing anything great? I have him and dont care for him at all. I watched some videos of him and he just seems mediocre at best.

edited January 2018
    imnoone wrote: »
    Quack is great even unduped so I would put her higher up
    Captain Marvel and NC over king groot any day.
    Agent Venom is a great defender even unduped so I would put him up there with SL as well.

Really? Captain Marvel over King Groot? I strongly disagree. I've had Captain Marvel for a while as one of my first 4 stars and my FIRST DUPED 4 star and I will put King Groot in over her 10 times out of 10. He has regeneration, bleed immunity, and can take alot of punishment with little damage. All that she has going for her is energy absorption. In my experience King Groot exceeds expectations but she does not.

And I can never get the hang of using Nightcrawler but he makes a great defender. Kind of like War Machine and Agent Venom. I've come to find that I don't like using either one of them but they are both good defenders.
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    Spurgeo14 wrote: »

Do you have any videos or pics of him doing anything great? I have him and dont care for him at all. I watched some videos of him and he just seems mediocre at best.

Vulture's second special thermal feedback is INSANE!!!
    Spurgeo14 wrote: »

Vulture's second special thermal feedback is INSANE!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge3VO_R9u1I
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    dang i wish i could watch on school wifi.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    King Groot hits like a pillow covering a foam fist, although has a little of everything.

Marvel is definitely better for later content.

I also find hood meh.

Also remember its who YOU Like fighting with, or who you need to clear certain content.
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    King Groot hits like a pillow covering a foam fist, although has a little of everything.

Marvel is definitely better for later content.

I also find hood meh.

Also remember its who YOU Like fighting with, or who you need to clear certain content.

I agree. So I guess we agree to disagree. Yes, it all depends on preference, skill level, and content you are playing. Captain Marvel is effective when I am playing good enough to effectively block and dodge and not get hit. I think most people would probably find King Groot easier to use since he is more versatile (regeneration, bleed-immunity, poison, armor rating) and harder to kill.

And you are the first person I have ever heard of being unimpressed with the hood. I killed THANOS with him when I was underdeveloped and shouldn't have been able to do so. His invisibility is a huge advantage. It makes me curious who you regard as your best killer to use. Thanks for the comment.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    @SupremeWarlord I'll preface this with I don't have the hood. Just from reviews from others and videos, I have no urge to hope for him.

Good killers for me should have a benefit other than direct damage from their base attack, to help them deal more damage. KG has poison, but between weak hands and (i may be wrong here) I thought KG could only apply poison from sp2. Not impactful enough for me to want. To me, hood's invisibility seems like a crutch (not necessarily for everyone, but for how I play). I currently have 3 r4 5* with plans to r5 one of them. Blade, SL and hyp. All of which I'd put above KG, as id imagine most would. After that, guys like AA, voodoo, wolv, x23, SW, I would put all above KG. There are many others Id put above him too. I am not the biggest fan of large slow attackers. That being said, people love hawkeye. Ive had hawkeye duped 5* for over a year and refused to r4 him because he didn't do enough for me. I just didnt like playing with him.

One question I would have, just to clarify our conversation, do you use Captain Marvel's specials? or do you let her power bar max out?
    Since I posted this I have also acquired RED HULK, GAMBIT, GHOST RIDER, and MS MARVEL (CAROL DANVERS).

My new priority order:

HOOD - My best attacker
    YONDU - My other best attacker
    QUAKE - My third best attacker
    GHOST RIDER - I love Ghost Rider
    RED HULK - I love HULK, and I don't have green HULK yet, so...
    KING GROOT - My best defender IMO
    CAPT MARVEL - My second best defender IMO
    NIGHTCRAWLER - My third best defender
    WAR MACHINE - Probably my 4th best defender, I've come to realize
    AGENT VENOM - My 5th best defender. Bleed and incinerate.
    STAR LORD - God Tier Awakened
    YELLOWJACKET - Regarded as God tier by many
    CIVIL WARRIOR - I just love using this guy.
    DAREDEVIL - DEFENDERS, synergy
    IRONFIST - DEFENDERS, synergy
    LUKE CAGE - DEFENDERS, synergy
    LOKI - I like him alot, just have others I like more.
    ABOMINATION - Strong, and has poison. I don't mind him.
    GAMBIT - Haven't used him yet.
    MS MARVEL - Haven't used her yet, but I don't mind looking at her.
    VULTURE - Haven't used him yet.
    ANTMAN - Trash.

Give me thoughts on GAMBIT, MS MARVEL, RED HULK, GHOST RIDER.
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    Since I posted this I have also acquired RED HULK, GAMBIT, GHOST RIDER, and MS MARVEL (CAROL DANVERS).

My new priority order:

HOOD - My best attacker
    YONDU - My other best attacker
    QUAKE - My third best attacker
    GHOST RIDER - I love Ghost Rider
    RED HULK - I love HULK, and I don't have green HULK yet, so...
    KING GROOT - My best defender IMO
    CAPT MARVEL - My second best defender IMO
    NIGHTCRAWLER - My third best defender
    WAR MACHINE - Probably my 4th best defender, I've come to realize
    AGENT VENOM - My 5th best defender. Bleed and incinerate.
    STAR LORD - God Tier Awakened
    YELLOWJACKET - Regarded as God tier by many
    CIVIL WARRIOR - I just love using this guy.
    DAREDEVIL - DEFENDERS, synergy
    IRONFIST - DEFENDERS, synergy
    LUKE CAGE - DEFENDERS, synergy
    LOKI - I like him alot, just have others I like more.
    ABOMINATION - Strong, and has poison. I don't mind him.
    GAMBIT - Haven't used him yet.
    MS MARVEL - Haven't used her yet, but I don't mind looking at her.
    VULTURE - Haven't used him yet.
    ANTMAN - Trash.

Give me thoughts on GAMBIT, MS MARVEL, RED HULK, GHOST RIDER.

Gambit isn't really that good, the only thing he has going for him is his stun chain. Ms marvel needs the dupe. Red Hulk is pretty bad atm but he's getting buffed so...and ghost rider is god tier in my opinion, even tho I don't have him.
    @SupremeWarlord I'll preface this with I don't have the hood. Just from reviews from others and videos, I have no urge to hope for him.

Good killers for me should have a benefit other than direct damage from their base attack, to help them deal more damage. KG has poison, but between weak hands and (i may be wrong here) I thought KG could only apply poison from sp2. Not impactful enough for me to want. To me, hood's invisibility seems like a crutch (not necessarily for everyone, but for how I play). I currently have 3 r4 5* with plans to r5 one of them. Blade, SL and hyp. All of which I'd put above KG, as id imagine most would. After that, guys like AA, voodoo, wolv, x23, SW, I would put all above KG. There are many others Id put above him too. I am not the biggest fan of large slow attackers. That being said, people love hawkeye. Ive had hawkeye duped 5* for over a year and refused to r4 him because he didn't do enough for me. I just didnt like playing with him.

One question I would have, just to clarify our conversation, do you use Captain Marvel's specials? or do you let her power bar max out?

You put Blade, SL, and Hyp above KG, I'm not mad at that, although I don't really love using SL, maybe I will once I dupe him.
    I think you would be surprised if you used KG, he is not as slow as he may seem when you use him. I'm not usually a fan of big slow attackers either. And yes, his poison only activates with SP2.
    As far as Capt. Marvel, I don't specifically try to do either. Honestly, when I play at my best I try not to think at all. I just kind of zone out, flow like water, and try my best to react to my opponent. What would you recommend? Should I just let her power bar max out every time?

I have a much greater appreciation for Captain Marvel now. She hits like a truck, has direct damage, energy absorption, poison immunity, and her sp3 is almost a guaranteed win against opponents with comparable strength. I still love my KG though. I can easily run through multiple fights with him. I can't remember ever losing him in one battle where as I have with Captain Marvel because she cannot take as much damage as she can dish out. For me, the way I play, I am far too aggressive, not patient enough, and tend to take some damage, so King Groot gives me the durability I need.

As far as the Hood, all I can say is that everyone I've even known that had him loved him. As far as your "crutch" comment goes, wouldn't you consider any Champions ability that helps you win to be a "crutch"? Like Star Lord's Signature ability, or Blades Immortality Healing, or Hyperion's power gain and incinerate? Every GOD-like Champion has some sort of ability that gives them an advantage, not unlike the Hood. I feel like if you really want to prove your skill as a player and not rely on any crutches, you should be willing and able to only use those who are considered to be the worst/weakest/most undesirable in the game. The best player in the game should be able to run through any quest with Red Hulk, Kamala Khan, Spider Gwen, Antman, and Carnage (rhymes with Garbage).