**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I guess Kabam doesn’t want my money

New singularity crystal offer. Only for uncollected. Guess my money isn’t good enough. Not a great marketing strategy I would say.

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Jaycray81 wrote: »
    New singularity crystal offer. Only for uncollected. Guess my money isn’t good enough. Not a great marketing strategy I would say.

Making everything available for everyone moots game progression, which is more harmful to the game in the long run. They want your money. They also want you to push to become uncollected. They are willing to lose the money of customers that decide they don't want to satisfy the progression prerequisites of the game. They are even willing to lose the *customers* that decide they don't want to satisfy the progression prerequisites of the game. Every time you make a game design decision, that decision will cost you customers. Every single decision does that. Handing everyone ten 5* crystals for free would ultimately cost them customers. Every design decision is an exercise in deciding who they want to try to keep, and who they are willing to lose.
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    edited January 2018
    People pushing for uncollected tends to net them more cash then these offers I would assume. Also it incentivizes you more to try and become uncollected and thus potentially spend more to get there (and they want to reward people who have already made the push or have been long time players/spenders).

Really though I spent too much on this in my first month or two and cowed to only spend one crazy good deals in the future (I think I spent like $100 in that first month or so and I was shocked to see I had done so... in the 3 months or so since I have only spent like $21... 2 really good $10 offers and the $1 crystal).

If I were you I would look at it from a positive point of view... they saved you money ;)
  • unknownunknown Posts: 378
    chev327fox wrote: »
    People pushing for uncollected tends to net them more cash then these offers I would assume. Also it incentivizes you more to try and become uncollected and thus potentially spend more to get there (and they want to reward people who have already made the push or have been long time players/spenders).

Really though I spent too much on this in my first month or two and cowed to only spend one crazy good deals in the future (I think I spent like $100 in that first month or so and I was shocked to see I had done so... in the 3 months or so since I have only spent like $21... 2 really good $10 offers and the $1 crystal).

If I were you I would look at it from a positive point of view... they saved you money ;)

I'm not a big spender, but I am a long time player(over 2 years), and I am not uncollected, so why should I suffer from the lack of rewards also? I play a lot, have been playing a long time, and have spent some money on this game. I'm probably not going to quit unless they pull another 12.0 fiasco on us, but I'm not gonna become uncollected just to get these rewards. I'm not gonna push for uncollected status just to give them more money for more crappy rewards that wont do me any good for the most part.
  • Jaycray81Jaycray81 Posts: 365 ★★
    I understand they want me to become uncollected and I will get there. I just wish that maybe cash deals like this was added say level 45+ players. I agree with adding all the other uncollected stuff because players at that level needed a boost in rewards. I guess maybe if we can’t spin grandmasters then maybe they shouldn’t offer the other offer to the uncollected guys.
  • Nerfed2DefNerfed2Def Posts: 292 ★★
    Get on our level. Took a lot of work and time. So much easier to progress as it is now. Then you can get those options.
  • Flash_AsherFlash_Asher Posts: 80
    edited January 2018
    Nerfed2Def wrote: »
    Get on our level. Took a lot of work and time. So much easier to progress as it is now. Then you can get those options.

I'm with this dude. You have no idea how hard it was to progress back in the day before crystal shards. You were at the mercy of these pennypinchers with PHCs. Either you spent to have the good RNG or you didn't.

I mean it's still that way, and even more so now with this featured 5* change. But if you have the skills, you can bypass all spending in this game. It's not easy by any means. It's basically RNG if the game decides to let you have a smooth Act 5 run.

If I can't beat it without using items or minimal items, it's not worth playing.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Jaycray81 wrote: »
    I understand they want me to become uncollected and I will get there. I just wish that maybe cash deals like this was added say level 45+ players. I agree with adding all the other uncollected stuff because players at that level needed a boost in rewards. I guess maybe if we can’t spin grandmasters then maybe they shouldn’t offer the other offer to the uncollected guys.

That's not how progression works. Putting in a disincentive to progressing in the game by saying you will get this, but you will lose that, is honestly nonsensical except in very specific corner case exceptions.