**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Dr Strange actively Gaining Power? [Under Investigation]

LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
edited January 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
I fought Dr Strange on node 35 in AW and he was gaining power each time that I struck him, which he never used to do. I mentioned it to my ally and they confirmed similar encounters with him recently. Node 35 has increased power gain, so maybe there’s a faulty interaction happening. Can someone confirm that this is either a bug or intended? If intended, what all situations does this apply to with him?

Edit: this was in Tier 1.
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• AsmodeyusAsmodeyus Posts: 217
    edited January 2018
    Well Dr Strange was my first maxed 4* champion. Back when he started he actively gained power the entire length of the fight. He had and still has, though completely crappy now, an inheriant power gain.

Basicly he can stand there and do nothing and he will gain power passively.

If you combine that with Mystic Dispersion, and a power gain node, its possible he would be acting like he first and originally did.

He gains power steadily
    He gains power when he uses a special attack
    He gains power from mystic dispersion when opponents buffs fall off
    Increased power gain will further increase all of the above
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    Were you evading? With the dexterity buff, when you attack him, it will go away and feed MD. That could explain what's happening here.
  • CloserByTomorrowCloserByTomorrow Posts: 145
    edited January 2018
    No, when doctor strange first came out he was different. He never used to float either. And had a completely different fight style. He was changed multiple times. And he lost his natural power gain.

They said before he isn’t supposed to gain power naturally from being struck or attacking on a power gain node. The op is right, he never did before.

It’s probably a bug dude
  • Asmodeyus wrote: »
    Well Dr Strange was my first maxed 4* champion. Back when he started he actively gained power the entire length of the fight. He had and still has, though completely crappy now, an inheriant power gain.

Basicly he can stand there and do nothing and he will gain power passively.

If you combine that with Mystic Dispersion, and a power gain node, its possible he would be acting like he first and originally did.

He gains power steadily
    He gains power when he uses a special attack
    He gains power from mystic dispersion when opponents buffs fall off
    Increased power gain will further increase all of the above

No, power gain nodes only increase natural power gain. From being struck or from attacking. Basic attacks. According to kabam at least. This was brought up multiple times when war first came out because of node 21
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    You all are addressing passive power gain, which is his ability where he constantly gains power. That’s all he used to do, but he was gaining power from being attacked in war. This is active power gain. And it wasn’t MD, I was watching it increase in chunks as with any other champ being hit.
  • TillerTheKillerTillerTheKiller Posts: 280 ★★
    Disregard MD. Dr. Strange does not gain power by being stuck. In the previous war setup, putting him on the power gain node did nothing. Now when he is struck, he is gaining power. This is resulting in:

*Power gain from being struck
    *Passive power gain
    *Power from dex with MD

Too much damn power.
    Disregard MD. Dr. Strange does not gain power by being stuck. In the previous war setup, putting him on the power gain node did nothing. Now when he is struck, he is gaining power. This is resulting in:

*Passive power gain
    *Power from dex with MD

Too much damn power.

My point exactly. I think it’s a bug due to the power gain node, but want to bring it to Kabam’s attention and make sure.
  • unknownunknown Posts: 378

*Passive power gain
    *Power from dex with MD

Too much damn power.

If you think that is too much power, you must have never came up against Hyperion. Ridiculous power gain, way more than DS ever had.
  • PhonieStarkPhonieStark Posts: 202
    Big issue for me with champs like DS, SW. If they will never be available 5* or higher, their abilities should have remained as they once we're. Since they have spayed and neutered them, they should go ahead and give them at least a 5* version, or return them to their awesomeness.
    Kabam, is this interaction intended between Dr Strange and power gain nodes?
  • FluffyFluffy Posts: 446 ★★
    Could this be a result of the Kinetic Reactor node? I am just speculating. He certainly isn't intended to gain power when struck.
    Fluffy wrote: »
    Could this be a result of the Kinetic Reactor node? I am just speculating. He certainly isn't intended to gain power when struck.

Kinetic reactor gives power when they strike me, not when I strike them. And there’s no kinetic reactor on node 35 in tier 1 war.
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey folks. The team is currently looking into this. We'll post an update asap. Thanks!
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey folks. The team is currently looking into this. We'll post an update asap. Thanks!

Thank you, I appreciate the notice.
  • unknownunknown Posts: 378
    I fought Dr Strange on node 35 in AW and he was gaining power each time that I struck him, which he never used to do. I mentioned it to my ally and they confirmed similar encounters with him recently. Node 35 has increased power gain, so maybe there’s a faulty interaction happening. Can someone confirm that this is either a bug or intended? If intended, what all situations does this apply to with him?

Edit: this was in Tier 1.

So you mean he's acting like a normal Hyperion does? Where's the Nerf on hyp?
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »

Clearly nothing was solved for 17.0, having the same issues on this node with DS actively gaining power when hit.
    @Kabam Wolf any update on this issue? Still occurring on the same node in war.
  • NarcuulNarcuul Posts: 115
    Actively looking into, and promptly pushed to the side. Its a big game with more than its share of problems, and while I don't think more issues are getting dropped than resolved, it seems like a pattern.
  • Renegade_DoggyRenegade_Doggy Posts: 358 ★★
    Just node 35, or node 46 as well?
    I don’t fight 46 so I can’t say on that one.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    I didn't see this thread before. I probably should have posted something when I did it, but there was a Dr S in act 5 who did the same thing to me last month. I didn't feel like going back to prove it.
  • He needs it! Give that poor guy a chance again. Dormammu i come to bargin. Give me 20% of my former self
  • The powergain sometimes works if you play Dr. Strange. But only if he has his purble buff (forgot the name). But yes nerf him again. He still is way to powerfull, not :/
  • Any update at all? This has been going on since this new war was implemented. This is ridiculous
    Still fighting strange on node 35/tier 1, still gaining way more power than he should.
    Looks to be addressed in latest update. Thanks for your attention.