**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5-Star Featured Crystal Change Discussion Thread

Comments

• GangsterSauceGangsterSauce Posts: 63
    Don't worry guys. Kabam is always looking out for the players just like how Donald Trump looks out for Americans. o:)
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    It's not about the most effective at all. They're looking at the data and avoiding the least effective based on what they're finding. Which means anything else can be included. People might have an opinion one way or another, but the data shows what it shows.

And data can be used to lie, meaning that it shows nothing significant

Data doesn't lie. It shows the actual usage of the Champs. When examining the effectiveness of Champs, that's about as significant and impartial as it gets. There is a difference between general concensus on who is good and who is not, and the actual performance data.
    TL:DR - Just because Top Tier Players think that half the Roster sucks doesn't mean that will reflect in the data. The efficiency of a Champ is more than just one area of the game.

I didn’t say data doesn’t lie. But it can be used to lie, for example here
    2a4tay2y1kzv.jpeg

And this is just one example, research how to lie with statistics and there’s a huge range of ways kabam could have (emphasis on could have) manipulated their data to conclude that cyclops is amongst the effective champs such as star Lord and gwenpool.

They could have just taken easy level fights and because we don’t know the parameters of their data collection, they will conclude that cyclops is effective because he wins 100% of his fights! Isn’t that great?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Don't worry guys. Kabam is always looking out for the players just like how Donald Trump looks out for Americans. o:)

Lol. Can't agree with that comparison. Kabam allows Players from all areas of the world. XD
  • HuonuoHuonuo Posts: 42
    Let's be real, there is no justification of the effectiveness of the 18 Basics in the proposed feature crystal except lower the chances for people to get recently release champs. They are there to lower the chances of people getting recent champs. We don't need to help Kabam justify why there are there. I can use Cyclops effectively, but that doesn't mean I want to spend 50% more to get him. The game is progress forward with 6* coming, we should have more ways to get 5* champs, feature and basics a like. This change along is reducing our options from 2 to 1 if there is no other changes in the works. This is not progression..
    It's not about the most effective at all. They're looking at the data and avoiding the least effective based on what they're finding. Which means anything else can be included. People might have an opinion one way or another, but the data shows what it shows.

Data doesn't lie. It shows the actual usage of the Champs. When examining the effectiveness of Champs, that's about as significant and impartial as it gets. There is a difference between general concensus on who is good and who is not, and the actual performance data.
    TL:DR - Just because Top Tier Players think that half the Roster sucks doesn't mean that will reflect in the data. The efficiency of a Champ is more than just one area of the game.

2a4tay2y1kzv.jpeg

And this is just one example, research how to lie with statistics and there’s a huge range of ways kabam could have (emphasis on could have) manipulated their data to conclude that cyclops is amongst the effective champs such as star Lord and gwenpool.

They could have just taken easy level fights and because we don’t know the parameters of their data collection, they will conclude that cyclops is effective because he wins 100% of his fights! Isn’t that great?

Why would they do that? Let's overlook the fact that it's conspiracy. If they wanted to include the Champs they wanted, they wouldn't go through the trouble of concocting an excuse to look at "easy data".
    We don't know the specifics. However, if they're looking at all Champs available as 5*s and identifying the lowest performing, that means they're looking at all Champs, regardless of what Tier they're in. That's the part people aren't getting. Just because we personally think a particular Champ sucks doesn't mean they are useless. Has nothing to do with being suited for any particular Tier, or easy Fights. The Crystal is going to have a range of Champs that alternate. We can form whatever opinions we want on the Champs in it, but those are the Champs available. The only thing we know is that they're making an effort not to include the ones that perform poorly. Which is reasonable. We can't expect a Crystal full of "God Tier Champs".

2a4tay2y1kzv.jpeg

Why would they do that? Let's overlook the fact that it's conspiracy. If they wanted to include the Champs they wanted, they wouldn't go through the trouble of concocting an excuse to look at "easy data".
    We don't know the specifics. However, if they're looking at all Champs available as 5*s and identifying the lowest performing, that means they're looking at all Champs, regardless of what Tier they're in. That's the part people aren't getting. Just because we personally think a particular Champ sucks doesn't mean they are useless. Has nothing to do with being suited for any particular Tier, or easy Fights. The Crystal is going to have a range of Champs that alternate. We can form whatever opinions we want on the Champs in it, but those are the Champs available. The only thing we know is that they're making an effort not to include the ones that perform poorly. Which is reasonable. We can't expect a Crystal full of "God Tier Champs".

It is a fact that if people don’t have as good champions, they won’t do as well. That’s not my opinion, if you have wolverine, star Lord and blade in aq you will do much better on average than if you had Khamalha Khan, spidergwen and Luke cage (excluding beta). If kabam wanted to make more money then they would put champions like that in the pool more than the better ones.

You’re just assuming the data was collected that way, unless I missed something. The only thing we know is that Kabam “say” they are making an effort to not include ones that perform poorly.

I know we can’t expect a crystal full of God tier champs, but I think we should expect at least a few. This crystal literally has no god tier champs, only trash and a couple of decent champs.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    We're not asking for a crystal full of "God tier champs." We're asking for a crystal worth 15k shards. If I go to the grocery store and I want milk, I could spend about half the price more for organic milk. I wouldn't want to spend more on the same milk I could get for less.

2a4tay2y1kzv.jpeg

It is a fact that if people don’t have as good champions, they won’t do as well. That’s not my opinion, if you have wolverine, star Lord and blade in aq you will do much better on average than if you had Khamalha Khan, spidergwen and Luke cage (excluding beta). If kabam wanted to make more money then they would put champions like that in the pool more than the better ones.

You’re just assuming the data was collected that way, unless I missed something. The only thing we know is that Kabam “say” they are making an effort to not include ones that perform poorly.

I know we can’t expect a crystal full of God tier champs, but I think we should expect at least a few. This crystal literally has no god tier champs, only trash and a couple of decent champs.

It's not that hard to understand. You have 6 Champs that are Featuted, and 18 others that are already in the Basic Crystal. They're not picking and choosing anything, save for the Champs that are found to be performing poorly. Performing poorly means overall. They wouldn't use the Top Tier perspective alone to determine that because you'll find the list of Champs at that level very specific.
    I'm not assuming anything. You're eluding to the idea that it's possible they're not including any "good" Champs. I'm going on the information provided.
    We've had one pool revealed. Hardly cause for suspicion.
    Anonymous wrote: »
    We're not asking for a crystal full of "God tier champs." We're asking for a crystal worth 15k shards. If I go to the grocery store and I want milk, I could spend about half the price more for organic milk. I wouldn't want to spend more on the same milk I could get for less.

Unless you choose to eat Organic. Everything is a choice. People can choose for themselves if they are willing to wager their Shards based on what's in the Crystal.

2a4tay2y1kzv.jpeg

It's not that hard to understand. You have 6 Champs that are Featuted, and 18 others that are already in the Basic Crystal. They're not picking and choosing anything, save for the Champs that are found to be performing poorly. Performing poorly means overall. They wouldn't use the Top Tier perspective alone to determine that because you'll find the list of Champs at that level very specific.
    I'm not assuming anything. You're eluding to the idea that it's possible they're not including any "good" Champs. I'm going on the information provided.

Well you are assuming it. Kabam never said which area they collect data from. Just that they collected data. For all we know it could be two fights, 5* cyclops vs 1* juggernaut, (I’m not saying it is, but that is collecting data)

“We are using empirical data based on Champion performance in Alliance Quests and Alliance Wars to decide which Champions will be added to the Crystal.... we are trying to avoid poor performing Champions in these Crystals.”

If they only looked at low level war and quest. They can conclude that not very good champions are performing well. For example, a bad champion like Antman will have good data, because he isn’t used in hard fights, because players know he will lose. But he’s used in easy fights.

To put that in more understandable terms for you, on my account. Ant man probably has one of the best win rates for my champions. Because I use him to get my streak in arena against 3-30 champions. In aq, I used him for a couple of months on map 2 when I wasn’t as strong. I used him against easy champions. Someone like ghost rider, yeah he’s a much better champion. But I lose much more often with him, because I use him to tackle the hard fights, like act 5, map 6, Aw tier 1-2.

Again you are assuming that kabam mean overall when they say performing poorly, you don’t know exactly what they mean therefore it is an assumption. One that mike has chosen to not answer
    edited January 2018

2a4tay2y1kzv.jpeg

Well you are assuming it. Kabam never said which area they collect data from. Just that they collected data. For all we know it could be two fights, 5* cyclops vs 1* juggernaut, (I’m not saying it is, but that is collecting data)

“We are using empirical data based on Champion performance in Alliance Quests and Alliance Wars to decide which Champions will be added to the Crystal.... we are trying to avoid poor performing Champions in these Crystals.”

If they only looked at low level war and quest. They can conclude that not very good champions are performing well. For example, a bad champion like Antman will have good data, because he isn’t used in hard fights, because players know he will lose. But he’s used in easy fights.

To put that in more understandable terms for you, on my account. Ant man probably has one of the best win rates for my champions. Because I use him to get my streak in arena against 3-30 champions. In aq, I used him for a couple of months on map 2 when I wasn’t as strong. I used him against easy champions. Someone like ghost rider, yeah he’s a much better champion. But I lose much more often with him, because I use him to tackle the hard fights, like act 5, map 6, Aw tier 1-2.

Again you are assuming that kabam mean overall when they say performing poorly, you don’t know exactly what they mean therefore it is an assumption. One that mike has chosen to not answer

Empirical, or observational, data. It's not so much of an assumption when you consider that they have to look at all the data to determine which are performing the poorest. If you want to entertain the idea that they examined a couple Fights and isolated those as effective, without examining all others, be my guest. A Champ that isn't used at the Top Tier isn't by default ineffective. That's my bottom line.

2a4tay2y1kzv.jpeg

Empirical, or observational, data. It's not so much of an assumption when you consider that they have to look at all the data to determine which are performing the poorest. If you want to entertain the idea that they examined a couple Fights and isolated those as effective, without examining all others, be my guest. A Champ that isn't used at the Top Tier isn't by default ineffective. That's my bottom line.

Wow you used so many words to say absolutely nothing.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    Still feeding the troll...

2a4tay2y1kzv.jpeg

So when you present something and I respond with my points, that's saying nothing? Interesting way to have a discussion. Seems selective, if you ask me.

2a4tay2y1kzv.jpeg

So when you present something and I respond with my points, that's saying nothing? Interesting way to have a discussion. Seems selective, if you ask me.

I recognise your (misguided) points. But you are a broken record repeating the same viewpoints over and over and over.

2a4tay2y1kzv.jpeg

I recognise your (misguided) points. But you are a broken record repeating the same viewpoints over and over and over.

That's because there's little more on the subject to discuss, and the information hasn't changed. There will be a new Featured, and it goes live February 13th. 6 Featured outcomes, and 18 Basics. Equal chance at any particular Champ. Now, we can sit and debate ad nauseum on how they came to include those Champs, but the question has been answered by them. You're entirely free to believe that or not. If you're not willing to listen to my points, why bother engaging in the debate with me? Lol.

2a4tay2y1kzv.jpeg

That's because there's little more on the subject to discuss, and the information hasn't changed. There will be a new Featured, and it goes live February 13th. 6 Featured outcomes, and 18 Basics. Equal chance at any particular Champ. Now, we can sit and debate ad nauseum on how they came to include those Champs, but the question has been answered by them. You're entirely free to believe that or not. If you're not willing to listen to my points, why bother engaging in the debate with me? Lol.

See again, you’re just repeating yourself. I was actually willing to listen to your points, that’s why I started debating with you. But then when you repeated yourself again and again I told you. I’d tell you why you’re wrong about it being ok to put such bad champions in the crystal but then you’d just cry victim and complain that “account progression doesn’t affect your opinion’s validity”
  • ViperKingVViperKingV Posts: 111
    My pr
    Notvasq wrote: »
    How will those 18 champions be chosed? Will you choose, according to y'all standard, few *bad* pull, like a lottery ticket where it is a *better chance next time*. Because let's be honest, you can't really put in that crystal the top 18 you can think of everytime. But you guys can decide to put a few of those *bad* champs in it. Or along with that new crystal, are you guys planning to try to balance the tier list overall?

We are using empirical data based on Champion performance in Alliance Quests and Alliance Wars to decide which Champions will be added to the Crystal. This means that while Player perception of the Champions may not always align, we are trying to avoid poor performing Champions in these Crystals.

The problem I’m having with the champions selected to fill the 18 non feature champion spots is that the data used to decide who.was effective was taken from Alliance Quests and Alliance war. When I look at my roster, I’m looking first for a team I can use for AQ (Have to be prepared for 6* defenders). There are maybe 3 or 4 in that pool that I’ve ever considered for an AQ team. And I’d need to dupe or awaken them. So that crystal isn’t much help if a player needs to prepare for next season AQ. And same for AW attack. Effective champions for AW Defense is not what we need a featured crystal for.
  • Sc0ut1382Sc0ut1382 Posts: 36
    From a business stand point the company throwing these out will be very profitable but from a player base stand point this is a slap in the face and a complete assurance that the people that produce the game and make changes do not care at all about their player base like they claim to they must think we are stupid or lesser than them if we they think we should believe that this has nothing to do with apples new rule to disclose drop rates in the featured grandmaster crystals you have all the 3 4 and 5 stars disclosing those rates before this change was made would astronimicaly change the way people spent their money now they have a pool of 24 characters so 4% that’s very easy to figure out and disclose good job kabam you sure know al the loopholes but remember your only as strong as your player base don’t forget the 12.0 update don’t forget every time somebody stood up for something to make a change history repeats itself and if you continue down this road I have faith in the player base over the kabam puppets

Scout
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    You say you are avoiding poor performing champs guys but no one will want to waste their tier 2 alphas and tier 4 class cats ranking up an antman or cyclops. Maybe just maybe some might be useful for defence but we want the attackers first like blade or stark spidey so once we have a decent ranked up team of 5 stars then we focus on defence.

If we are so busy building up defence then how are we going to beat those defenders if you are not giving us our preferred choice of champs.
  • Paulni86Paulni86 Posts: 50
    Will void be in the Blade 5* featured crystal on feb 22nd?
    edited January 2018
    (Body was too long)
    There's a difference between crying victim and being a target. That's not what's taking place here. I'm engaged with you. You just keep rejecting my points.
    Back to the topic. How is this Crystal any different than a Basic or the current Featured? You say they shouldn't include such "bad Champs". What defines a bad Champ? Popular opinion? A run through of ROL WS? LOL? Tier 1 AW? Whatever you look at has to be applied to the entire game, not just the top. Meaning, you say they're bad. Does that mean they're actually bad, and bad for everyone? Does the fact that people higher up aren't using them mean they're bad altogether? You see what I'm getting at here?
    What is it about this Crystal that means it has to be different than others and only include "good Champs"? Because what we have to work with is the Champs in the pool. Same ones in the Basic, and in the current Featured. You're going to have Champs in that pool that some don't want. That's why there's a random outcome. Otherwise it's just the same Champs circulating, and no one progresses their Roster. What you're missing is that they're making an effort to minimize the "bad Champs". The problem is people have very different definitions of what that means than the actual design perspective. It's the equivalent of saying, "You design what you want, but we will tell you what to keep.". We speak for where we are personally at in the game. That doesn't mean our opinion speaks for the entire game itself.
    edited January 2018
    (Body was too long)
    There's a difference between crying victim and being a target. That's not what's taking place here. I'm engaged with you. You just keep rejecting my points.
    Back to the topic. How is this Crystal any different than a Basic or the current Featured? You say they shouldn't include such "bad Champs". What defines a bad Champ? Popular opinion? A run through of ROL WS? LOL? Tier 1 AW? Whatever you look at has to be applied to the entire game, not just the top. Meaning, you say they're bad. Does that mean they're actually bad, and bad for everyone? Does the fact that people higher up aren't using them mean they're bad altogether? You see what I'm getting at here?
    What is it about this Crystal that means it has to be different than others and only include "good Champs"? Because what we have to work with is the Champs in the pool. Same ones in the Basic, and in the current Featured. You're going to have Champs in that pool that some don't want. That's why there's a random outcome. Otherwise it's just the same Champs circulating, and no one progresses their Roster. What you're missing is that they're making an effort to minimize the "bad Champs". The problem is people have very different definitions of what that means than the actual design perspective. It's the equivalent of saying, "You design what you want, but we will tell you what to keep.". We speak for where we are personally at in the game. That doesn't mean our opinion speaks for the entire game itself.

See calling yourself a “target” is crying victim in itself because you’re giving yourself special treatment just because you’ve built yourself a reputation of chatting absolute rubbish. I’m rejecting your points because I believe they are wrong, I’m questioning your points but yes I reject them. And that’s the same as what you’re doing so what’s the point bringing it up?

The difference between this and basic, is that it’s 5k extra shards for a worse version of the basic crystal. There’s no god tier in it, there’s just a better chance of getting a featured, which you act like is the best thing like sliced bread, but there’s no increased chance of a good champ it’s just increased chance of a new champ.

The difference between featured old and new is the point of an old featured was to get that specific champ you wanted, the new is just to get a new champ which is useless because you’re likely going to get a new champ that isn’t good or one you want.

The new featured is just a basic crystal with no god tier, a better chance to dupe one of the bad champions in it, and for 50% extra price.

You’re speaking as though different champions are good at different levels. If you asked a Level 30 summoner whether they wanted blade or ant man they would most likely say blade. Blade doesn’t become bad because the person is lower in the game.

Champions are bad because they aren’t as useful as others, not because someone’s at a different part of the game.
    (Body was too long)

Very good points mate, that will be ignored again. We all look at this game (and in life) from only our own position, however much we claim we dont. Most people on this forum are higher-mid to higher level players ( the few hundred that are on the forums in total, wonder why they are empty?) so they see that most of the champs they would class as "bad" or "OK" champs. Forgetting that at least 50% of the player base would be quite happy to get them, and like the fact that there is less chance of getting a really bad champ (in certain peoples opinions)

So you will be flagged and called names as usual because you disagree with them

At the end of the day, its a done deal for now. Best to see how it works out and then discuss, because Kabam will not be changing this for at least the first 3 months I would think. But people will still complain on here over and over because they can (that is right) and because it lets off steam (good as well) but with no ultimate point to doing so

I don’t disagree with and challenge Gw just for the sake of it. I do it because he says some really misguided and frankly ridiculous things sometimes, and when people point it out he sulks and cries victim. An example is how he comments on whether the uncollected difficulty is too hard or not, and yet he hasn’t done act 5 chap 2 so he literally can’t play it and find out. It would be like me saying that a particular formula 1 race track is too difficult when all I’ve done is go carting.
    (Body was too long)

See calling yourself a “target” is crying victim in itself because you’re giving yourself special treatment just because you’ve built yourself a reputation of chatting absolute rubbish. I’m rejecting your points because I believe they are wrong, I’m questioning your points but yes I reject them. And that’s the same as what you’re doing so what’s the point bringing it up?

The difference between this and basic, is that it’s 5k extra shards for a worse version of the basic crystal. There’s no god tier in it, there’s just a better chance of getting a featured, which you act like is the best thing like sliced bread, but there’s no increased chance of a good champ it’s just increased chance of a new champ.

The difference between featured old and new is the point of an old featured was to get that specific champ you wanted, the new is just to get a new champ which is useless because you’re likely going to get a new champ that isn’t good or one you want.

The new featured is just a basic crystal with no god tier, a better chance to dupe one of the bad champions in it, and for 50% extra price.

You’re speaking as though different champions are good at different levels. If you asked a Level 30 summoner whether they wanted blade or ant man they would most likely say blade. Blade doesn’t become bad because the person is lower in the game.

Champions are bad because they aren’t as useful as others, not because someone’s at a different part of the game.

No. There are many Champs and many are good. The problem is people get so cemented in using the same OP lineup that they consider the rest bad. Are there some Champs that need some work? Sure. That's what they're identifying. Forget about Blade. He's one Champ. This time next year we'll be talking about a different one, no doubt.
    The Featured was a chance at newer Champs. Always has been, and that will remain the same. Each will have 6 Featured Champs in it. It was never a "God Tier" Crystal. That all depends on who is running. The real argument is people won't be able to get a Champ the second they come out. Fair enough. Perhaps that has gone on too long and people feel entitled. Perhaps we have a 5* Featured Arena in the works. Who knows.
    What defines a Champ as good or bad from their perspective is not necessarily the same as ours, and that's the point I am making. It's based on usage, and yes, if people have it they will use it. That's the point. We're not going to get to a point where we edit the Champs that exist based on who we like and who we don't like. Where people are at is absolutely a variable. I can assure you, people aren't all as militant and diligent in their selection. They use their Champs. That's what they're for.
    (Body was too long)

No. There are many Champs and many are good. The problem is people get so cemented in using the same OP lineup that they consider the rest bad. Are there some Champs that need some work? Sure. That's what they're identifying. Forget about Blade. He's one Champ. This time next year we'll be talking about a different one, no doubt.
    The Featured was a chance at newer Champs. Always has been, and that will remain the same. Each will have 6 Featured Champs in it. It was never a "God Tier" Crystal. That all depends on who is running. The real argument is people won't be able to get a Champ the second they come out. Fair enough. Perhaps that has gone on too long and people feel entitled. Perhaps we have a 5* Featured Arena in the works. Who knows.
    What defines a Champ as good or bad from their perspective is not necessarily the same as ours, and that's the point I am making. It's based on usage, and yes, if people have it they will use it. That's the point. We're not going to get to a point where we edit the Champs that exist based on who we like and who we don't like. Where people are at is absolutely a variable. I can assure you, people aren't all as militant and diligent in their selection. They use their Champs. That's what they're for.
    This is what I mean. Utter rubbish. It’s not because I want to disagree with you that I’m saying this, it’s because you are talking utter rubbish. I genuinely have no desire to tell you why you’re wrong because that’s what I’ve been doing the entire thread but you just pull out some other rubbish to “counter”. So there’s no point in telling you why you’re wrong because you’ll either cry victim or desperately attempt to defend kabam even more.

I’m pretty sure you’d defend kabams choice if they decided to remove everyone’s top champion in the game and sold them back to you for £100 to “promote working for your profile”.

I’ve had enough of this conversation, you are a clear kabam apologiser. Have your opinion, I don’t care if you do or don’t.
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    @GroundedWisdom One of the points you keep missing has nothing to do with good versus bad champs or new versus old champs and that is the ability to target a class.

A lot of people are in the position of having expiring t4cc (and now t2a), but they don't have a champ that they can use their resources on. They can be cursed with RNG that keeps on giving them rank up materials or awakening gems for a class of champion they don't have. New featured champs and re-runs in particular give them the opportunity to have a relatively high chance of getting a champ of that class. The only other time that happens is when Kabam drop those $100 whale milker deals.