**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

For those asking Blade to be nerfed what are your thoughts on..

Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
Stark Spidey !

I mean the character is clearly better in almost 80% of the situations.

Higher DPS, bait specials, dodge those specials, power drain, can stun-lock, insane shock damage, evade counter and what-not.

And he can do this against EVERYONE. Not a select few characters. Bleed immune, poison immune, heroes, villains, whoever you are you're gonna get rekt by him.

So why shouldn't he be nerfed too?

The answer is clear, because he doesn't destroy the mystics with 5-MD defenses the way as Blade does. You people have enjoyed being a PITA with your mystics for over a year in AWs and now that there's someone who turns off the unavoidable BS damage they deal, you want him nerfed ?

Dexterity's relation w/ MD was too OP but kabam couldn't change it because everyone would be crying 'COMPENSATION' then. So they introduced a champ that counters them.

So you can try all you want but he won't be nerfed just because he makes your mystics useless in AWs now.

Comments

• Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    I have 5* blade, and need a few more t4cc to r5 him. I don't believe he should be nerfed. I don't have sparky, (wish I did) and don't think he should be nerfed. Do I think they're above and beyond other attackers? I do. One is the perfect matchup for a lot of problems we complained about in the past, and the other one has insane damage while able to bait all or nothing nodes, or champs who dont use specials often.

I do believe maybe some balance is in order by buffing or adding other champs. Good, non-villain, non-mystic defenders would help counter both. I am expecting some kind of tweak to blade and how he interacts with nodes, but I hope they don't. He is the perfect answer for so many things we complained about, I am wondering what new stuff they can come up with to frustrate players. (besides lag)
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Superman69 wrote: »
    Stark Spidey !

Higher DPS, bait specials, dodge those specials, power drain, can stun-lock, insane shock damage, evade counter and what-not.

And he can do this against EVERYONE. Not a select few characters. Bleed immune, poison immune, heroes, villains, whoever you are you're gonna get rekt by him.

The answer is clear, because he doesn't destroy the mystics with 5-MD defenses the way as Blade does. You people have enjoyed being a PITA with your mystics for over a year in AWs and now that there's someone who turns off the unavoidable BS damage they deal, you want him nerfed ?

Dexterity's relation w/ MD was too OP but kabam couldn't change it because everyone would be crying 'COMPENSATION' then. So they introduced a champ that counters them.

So you can try all you want but he won't be nerfed just because he makes your mystics useless in AWs now.

He cannot recover from mistakes. When playing Blade, even if you do slip up, you can regen it back to 70% in that fight. I'm speaking from experience. I've brought Blade into a fight with 15% HP before, he came out of it with 70%. This is Map 6 at 5.3k prestige.
    I might add. It was a Degen node too.
  • WorkingAsIntendedWorkingAsIntended Posts: 164 ★★
    I think the way you balance blade is you turn his regen procs on a bleeding opponent. He’s a vampire blood sustains him. It just makes sense. It also adds depth to a character. But what do I know
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    Go up against Agent Venom with Sparky ... and try to eat some speical ones ... report back on it :wink:

I did. And my 4* sparky dodged it all :wink:
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    xNig wrote: »
    Stark Spidey !

He cannot recover from mistakes. When playing Blade, even if you do slip up, you can regen it back to 70% in that fight. I'm speaking from experience. I've brought Blade into a fight with 15% HP before, he came out of it with 70%. This is Map 6 at 5.3k prestige.

Well a 4* wolvie can heal upto 100% from less than 10% in a fight. So?

Everyone has his own abilities. You say sparky can't regen. I say Blade can't power drain.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Stark Spidey !

Everyone has his own abilities. You say sparky can't regen. I say Blade can't power drain.

Wolv requires skill and to build your power up to third special and then keep hitting, and yes of course a bit of luck. Blade you just need to hit a little bit and boom, hes 70% health. I don’t think he should be nerfed but his regen is easier to use and less skilful
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    champs being good in certain scenarios! blasphemy.....
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Sparky’s OP also, the difference is sparky has many more limitations and trade offs that make people think twice about using him in every situation, one is even built into his abilites 3% evade.

Mystic wars is a straw man the Baghdad Bobs of The Cult of Blade are using to mispresent people who object to Blade’s OPness.

You can now return to your regularly scheduled sophistry.
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    Am I the only one that HATES using Blade's regen? I hate the hold block mechanic

That’s because it’s purposely designed to be a terrible mechanic.

Defensive regen that requires you to stop fighting, avoid block damage, and sacrifice the power needed for your strongest attacks just to get back 2/3 of your health.
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    Lol you ask for one to be Nerfed, when that never will happen
    You move on to another champ who you think should be Nerfed

No one should be Nerfed, they are all balanced
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Rektor wrote: »
    Stark Spidey !

Wolv requires skill and to build your power up to third special and then keep hitting, and yes of course a bit of luck. Blade you just need to hit a little bit and boom, hes 70% health. I don’t think he should be nerfed but his regen is easier to use and less skilful

Lol.. Wolverine requires no skill. Just fight and he will be at full health. You sacrifice using specials to get max regen.

Blade requires you to stop fighting, block and evade at the same time, lose all your power to regen to get back to 70%, but don’t take block damage if you can.

Well no regen champs require a lot of skill to regen. GR you just heavy and then fight, voodoo doesn’t it auto, blade you just block, witch is luck, strange you just fight, beast you slightly alter your combo. Not rocket science but wolv you sacrifice all power. Plus blade gains power just by being near bleeding champs
  • ZappZapp Posts: 69
    Blade is a mistake, because they created the "perfect team" again. The problem isn't that Blade is powerful, the problem is that somebody refuses to learn from past mistakes and starts creating optimal teams via synergies again. This will (again) become a problem at some point when everybody plays the exact same team for every content in the game (sounds familiar?) and will then (third time is a charm) be nerfed. (Yea they say, we totally won't nerf him, they said that before any nerf).

But savour it as long as it's there.
  • Why any of the heroes needs to be nerfed?????they should improve the game,to make it exciting and challenging,with new contests,GOOD new heroes,with a stable and enjoyable game experience.something is seriously wrong with some people.kabam should be much more creative,the nerfs are not good for anyone,specially for the players,why spent a lots on the heroes.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Wolverines regen is vastly superior. Can't believe that's even a discussion.
  • Renegade_DoggyRenegade_Doggy Posts: 358 ★★
    DaMunk wrote: »
    Wolverines regen is vastly superior. Can't believe that's even a discussion.

But will he ever be added to 5*?

Moneygrab wrote: »
    I’ve seen Magik power lock a r4 dorm as a Aw boss and l2 him to death in the corner with the infinite loop so I think that should be nerfed as well if everyone wants blade nerfed. When fighting immune champs with blade he’s also at a big disadvantage. Against dorm if your blocking much your gonna use all your power bar and if u get backed in the corner your done for. So I don’t know why everyone is still whining about blade. He’s the best regen champ atm I agree. But I don’t think he needs nerfed I think he’s what something he community wanted and those who didn’t get him are just salty about it.

As for sparky he’s very op as well. He has many abilities blade doesn’t have so if blade gets nerfed might as well nerf stark as well. Personally the characters are fine the way they are. Imo they need to buff some of the weaker characters and people need to grow up and stop complaining about the good champs we have in the game.

Wolvie’s regen is proc based. You’re sacrificing damage for regen in terms of sp. In addition, wolvie’s base damage is low to begin with. He’s a pure sustain champ. Regening is what he does and what he does best.

It’s the combination of
    - High base damage
    - High utility
    - High prestige
    - High sustain

into 1 champ that makes Blade so overpowered.

Hence there is no longer a “choice” in choosing to rank someone up because Blade fits into every category, and does it very well. He doesn’t even proc buffs. There’s a reason why 50% of the top 100 profiles are Blade portraits.

In addition, Blades block to regen mechanic is so easy to use. Parry, hold block while the opponents are stunned, regen 1+k health, start your combo just as the stun wears off, rinse wash repeat.

“Oh accidentally hit my bar to sp3, no biggie. Hold block for 1s, sp2.”

If you compare to Spark, there is a condition for him to deal good damage, you need his poise charges first. And through the entire process of playing, you cannot slip up because one slip up is a big chunk of life gone without the ability to regen the lost health back.
    Am I the only one that HATES using Blade's regen? I hate the hold block mechanic

That’s because it’s purposely designed to be a terrible mechanic.

Defensive regen that requires you to stop fighting, avoid block damage, and sacrifice the power needed for your strongest attacks just to get back 2/3 of your health.

I don't understand why it's OP when I can get the same health with wolv by literally doing nothing but fighting.

Exactly why it’s not OP.

Exactly why wolverine will never be a 5*.
    Stark Spidey !

Lol.. Wolverine requires no skill. Just fight and he will be at full health. You sacrifice using specials to get max regen.

Blade requires you to stop fighting, block and evade at the same time, lose all your power to regen to get back to 70%, but don’t take block damage if you can.

Well no regen champs require a lot of skill to regen. GR you just heavy and then fight, voodoo doesn’t it auto, blade you just block, witch is luck, strange you just fight, beast you slightly alter your combo. Not rocket science but wolv you sacrifice all power. Plus blade gains power just by being near bleeding champs

You don’t sacrifice all power with wolverine. You actually keep all the power. You sacrifice using specials to maintain max regen. You choose the level of regen you want by using or not using special attacks.

You literally lose power by regenerating with Blade. Like.. literally. At first you have power and in order to regen, you lose power.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Think of of it this way each class is better than the one it has an class advantage over but the science class is not all that which means they can't really do a lot against the mystica so instead of buffing the entire science class they made blade the only one that can shut them down easily.