**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5-Star Featured Crystal Change Discussion Thread

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    This is why the forums are virtually empty

Unless you agree to bash Kabam on every thread for every reason then you are called a troll and flagged none stop

Lots of people agree with kabam. I don’t mind if you do or don’t. It’s the way he carries himself on the forum, the way he argues his side, and yes of course some of his opinions. I believe he’s a troll because he agrees with kabam on every issue, literally anything kabam has done, gw is there praising them. Anyone speaks against kabam he calls them conspiracy theorists.
    RedRooster wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom One of the points you keep missing has nothing to do with good versus bad champs or new versus old champs and that is the ability to target a class.

A lot of people are in the position of having expiring t4cc (and now t2a), but they don't have a champ that they can use their resources on. They can be cursed with RNG that keeps on giving them rank up materials or awakening gems for a class of champion they don't have. New featured champs and re-runs in particular give them the opportunity to have a relatively high chance of getting a champ of that class. The only other time that happens is when Kabam drop those $100 whale milker deals.

Good point mate. How do you think they should address this?

Keep the featured crystal the same as now. Or, add 6 featured crystals, one of each class, that rotate every 3 months like kabams current plan. I’d gladly pay 15k for one of these crystals. Maybe even 17.5k. Then I could go, e.g., for mutant because I want to use my mutant gem. I’d even be happy if they increased the pool and had 8-10 champs of each class. Hell I’d be happy if it was the entire class!

Skill
    Thor (Ragnarok)
    Taskmaster
    Agent Venom
    Hawkeye

Science
    Modok
    Sentry
    Void
    Ant-Man

Mutant
    Beast
    Storm
    Cable
    Cyclops (New Xavier School)

Mystic
    Mordo
    Thor (Jane Foster)
    Loki
    Juggernaut

Cosmic
    Hela
    Phoenix
    Ronan
    Venompool

Tech
    Nebula
    Punisher (2099)
    Civil Warrior
    Doctor Octopus
    This is why the forums are virtually empty

Unless you agree to bash Kabam on every thread for every reason then you are called a troll and flagged none stop

Lots of people agree with kabam. I don’t mind if you do or don’t. It’s the way he carries himself on the forum, the way he argues his side, and yes of course some of his opinions. I believe he’s a troll because he agrees with kabam on every issue, literally anything kabam has done, gw is there praising them. Anyone speaks against kabam he calls them conspiracy theorists.

To be fair mate, I see virtually no-one siding with Kabam on here, at all. It is constant bashing and blaming when that achieves nothing at all as you know. People should discuss, and if they disagree then they disagree. But people get personal, name calling, flagging every post etc etc

@GroundedWisdom rubs some people up the wrong way, but no need to abuse him non-stop is there. I genuinely believe he tries to help as much as he can, but people take this the wrong way. Plus he has different opinions than some as well. And people posting personal attacks is then flagged as liked by others? Not nice or grown up

But, back to this change: Like I said, nothing will change on this for at least the next 3 months however much some people want it to. So we may as well calm down and see how it works out is what I suggest?
    It’s because he acts like a troll. Whether he is or not, he acts like one. If I act like a bully to someone and they perceive me to, even if I’m not BEING a bully, does that make me one? Well that’s a different debate but regardless, it would make me in the wrong.

You don’t know if anything will change. Nothing will change if nobody says anything about it. But we could bring about real change. Like with the arena changes that kabam cancelled due to community outrage.

Your suggestion of Just accepting it and thinking “well there’s nothing I can do” would mean that nothing would change in the game if everyone thought like that.

Eg
    -oh look a bug, but ah well there’s nothing I can do about it so I’ll see how it works out
    -oh look someone is cheating, but ah well there’s nothing I can do about it so I’ll see how it works out
    -oh no, kabam are changing arena so we have 10 hour recharge unless we buy an item, but ah well there’s nothing I can do about it so I’ll see how it works out
    -oh look, kabam are removing blade, spark, ghost rider, star lord and wolverine from the game, but ah well there’s nothing I can do about it so I’ll see how it works out

People need to complain to tell kabam what’s wrong. It would be a very bad game and different if nobody complained.
    You don’t know that kabam won’t change it. You are saying something with absolute certainty that you couldn’t possibly know. You’re either assuming or lying. Again, I’ll mention the arena update that kabam didn’t do because of a week of complaints on forum.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Well it's a fact that more people hate the idea than like or love it.
    @BitterSteel

A troll is defined by most of us as someone who disagrees with our opinion, and won't change that opinion even when we think we have shown it to be wrong. That is what you are doing here mate. Hes not a troll, he just disagrees with you, and wont stop stating his opinion, same as you continue to state yours

Your examples are not very good. Bugs, cheats etc are reported all the time and are not related to this at all in any way. The other examples are extreme and would never happen. This crystal change is not like them at all. And I am all for people stating their unhappiness (or not) re this. But not when it gets silly, personal and abusive

Plus, this is not me saying this, you know this won't be changed, so what I am saying is correct?
    No. You are speaking for me. I think gw is a troll because I do not think he believes what he says. I believe he is doing it to antagonise. I don’t care what you or he says, I believe he is a troll and that is my opinion.

Yes you are saying this. You are assuming it won’t be changed. You or I don’t know whether it will be or not but I am hoping it will and that is why I will continue posting and complaining regardless of which troll moans at me. What you are saying is not necessarily correct. You are saying that there is a 0% chance of kabam changing the crystal in the next 3 months. Which is wrong, that is simply wrong. Kabam could change the crystal tomorrow and you’d be stood there with egg on your face.

Please don’t tell me you believe there is a 0% chance of kabam changing the crystal, like genuinely from a statistical perspective?
    You don’t know that kabam won’t change it. You are saying something with absolute certainty that you couldn’t possibly know. You’re either assuming or lying. Again, I’ll mention the arena update that kabam didn’t do because of a week of complaints on forum.

Your correct mate, I dont know, its just my opinion. But I am pretty certain about this one, and you are as well really arent you?

Plus every post you post yourself (the same as we all do) you state it as if it is fact, when its just your opinion, You keep saying this is a bad change, that we all dont like it or want it, that it will have a bad affect on the game for us etc. These are your opinions, not facts

Point to where I said that we all hate it. Or that it will affect the game negatively.
    edited January 2018
    Look I just included some youtubers, my alliance members, my friends alliances, people on the forum and proper opinions from people in the bigger MCOC youtubers community. I am also sure the free to plays won't like it at all.

Also for some reason I always thought grounded and hubris was the same person.
    edited January 2018
    @BitterSteel

A troll is defined by most of us as someone who disagrees with our opinion, and won't change that opinion even when we think we have shown it to be wrong. That is what you are doing here mate. Hes not a troll, he just disagrees with you, and wont stop stating his opinion, same as you continue to state yours

Your examples are not very good. Bugs, cheats etc are reported all the time and are not related to this at all in any way. The other examples are extreme and would never happen. This crystal change is not like them at all. And I am all for people stating their unhappiness (or not) re this. But not when it gets silly, personal and abusive

Plus, this is not me saying this, you know this won't be changed, so what I am saying is correct?
    No. You are speaking for me. I think gw is a troll because I do not think he believes what he says. I believe he is doing it to antagonise. I don’t care what you or he says, I believe he is a troll and that is my opinion.

Yes you are saying this. You are assuming it won’t be changed. You or I don’t know whether it will be or not but I am hoping it will and that is why I will continue posting and complaining regardless of which troll moans at me. What you are saying is not necessarily correct. You are saying that there is a 0% chance of kabam changing the crystal in the next 3 months. Which is wrong, that is simply wrong. Kabam could change the crystal tomorrow and you’d be stood there with egg on your face.

Please don’t tell me you believe there is a 0% chance of kabam changing the crystal, like genuinely from a statistical perspective?

I didnt do that mate, I clearly stated it was just my opinion? Please read it again and see?

And re GW, your opinion, and I support your right to have it. I was just trying to show it from a different viewpoint. But you must agree that the bullying, name-calling, abusive posts and non-stop flagging of every one of his posts is going too far?

Bullying, namecalling (troll here isn’t a namecall because I’m not using it to insult him, I think he’s negatively affecting the forum by spreading his false opinion that he doesn’t believe) and abuse is wrong. But the flagging in my view is right because he spams.

You were speaking for me when you defined a troll. That’s not how I define a troll so I corrected you, you implied I just callled him a troll because he disagrees with me. I’ve agreed with what gw has written before, doesn’t mean I think he’s genuine.

Your correct mate, I dont know, its just my opinion. But I am pretty certain about this one, and you are as well really arent you?

Plus every post you post yourself (the same as we all do) you state it as if it is fact, when its just your opinion, You keep saying this is a bad change, that we all dont like it or want it, that it will have a bad affect on the game for us etc. These are your opinions, not facts

Point to where I said that we all hate it. Or that it will affect the game negatively.

You said, just 2 posts above:

Well it's a fact that more people hate the idea than like or love it

You even said it was a fact, when it clearly isnt, it is your opinion only

Since when are these two statements the same?

1) we all hate it
    2) more people hate it than love it

Out of Everyone I know in the game, upwards of 1000 people (I’m in a line chat with my alliance’s family of alliances) the vast majority dislike it. Using that sample of variously rated players. Some with 4-40s some with rank 5 5*. The largely vast majority hate it. Meaning that to me, it is a fact that more hate it than love it.
    edited January 2018
    I think this thread is just done at this point there have been multiple attempts at suggesting other options which none have been considered otherwise they would of at least replied but I think they have probably had enough as well and just don't want to read anymore. I know I don't. Im just gonna stick with my original plan of saving for the second pool instead of this one and hope for the best. Maybe one attempt at blade.

Also I still think gw is the same person as hubris lol hopefully I am wrong.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,440 ★★★★
    No one enjoys GW Shilling Kabam's decisions
    @BitterSteel

I didnt do that mate, I clearly stated it was just my opinion? Please read it again and see?

And re GW, your opinion, and I support your right to have it. I was just trying to show it from a different viewpoint. But you must agree that the bullying, name-calling, abusive posts and non-stop flagging of every one of his posts is going too far?

Bullying, namecalling (troll here isn’t a namecall because I’m not using it to insult him, I think he’s negatively affecting the forum by spreading his false opinion that he doesn’t believe) and abuse is wrong. But the flagging in my view is right because he spams.

You were speaking for me when you defined a troll. That’s not how I define a troll so I corrected you, you implied I just callled him a troll because he disagrees with me. I’ve agreed with what gw has written before, doesn’t mean I think he’s genuine.

I have already said what you define as a troll is different mate, sorry that you disagree and no offence meant

BUT, and its a big But (lol) this bit: by spreading his false opinion that he doesn’t believe that is your opinion yet again, not facts. His opinion may be correct, yours wrong. Either way he has as much right as you to state them without being abused and bullied

I’ve never denied him his right to post. But if he is a troll then he doesn’t have a right to post. Of course I can never prove it and he can never disprove it. I don’t try to, but I am convinced he’s a troll so I will treat him as such.

You said, just 2 posts above:

Well it's a fact that more people hate the idea than like or love it

You even said it was a fact, when it clearly isnt, it is your opinion only

Since when are these two statements the same?

1) we all hate it
    2) more people hate it than love it

Out of Everyone I know in the game, upwards of 1000 people (I’m in a line chat with my alliance’s family of alliances) the vast majority dislike it. Using that sample of variously rated players. Some with 4-40s some with rank 5 5*. The largely vast majority hate it. Meaning that to me, it is a fact that more hate it than love it.

Stating as a FACT that more people dislike it than like it is just wrong mate. It is your point of view, not mine or others at all. Plus I have already explained that we all look for people who share our opinions, it is a common thing to do. It doesnt make it a fact in any way, it just means you say it is! Doesn't make the opinion the right one

Out of the 500+ people I know in game I would say the split is:

30% hate it
    20% like it
    50% wait to see what happens

Does that make my opinion now a fact?

It is my point of view, and from a statistical standpoint it is 99% of others as well. We did a poll in our chat and 970 of the 1100 people in the chat voted that they disliked it. Companies use data like that to get “facts” about their general market every day.

The odds that the data from that poll is accurate is very high. As I said before, a huge range of progress of each account. So it is very like the population.