**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Wrong Featured Crystal?

Comments

• Need that void now please..change sentry with void pleaseqemx9o4sz45u.jpeg
    thank you
  • BK_1BK_1 Posts: 145
    edited January 2018
    I was able pulled a void abt 30 minutes ago.
    hw40cesoeark.png

I went to the alliance page and it does say Sentry Crystal though!
    s2l2yauy9kx8.png
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    What I do know is after I pulled my two sentries, I closed out of the app, went back in and the crystal was gone (only Medusa could be bought). I closed out of the app, came back in, and there was a new crystal for void. This all occurred after I pulled the trashy Groot, sentry, sentry. I think this has to show that void was not in the crystal I opened, correct?
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Uh compensation for blunders
    Uh compensation for blunders

I’m not sure what this even means...are you criticizing people for believing kabam or criticizing kabam for screwing up?
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    i would say give ppl back their crystals , however its not guarantee u will pull VOID i've seen people pull 5 crystal or more and not get the feature champion so its a gamble. u may go for VOID and get She-Hulk like my self just now.
  • NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    I do agree, refunding the shards to win another gamble isn't appropriate restitution. If you got the featured, kabam should return to you the proper featured champion.
  • Kestrelle wrote: »
    The obvious answer is to give people voids if they pulled a sentry, and taking away those sentries. What's there to talk about?

Although that seems relatively fair, there would be one difference between that and removing items from the crystal pulls entirely and returning shards to those that pulled them. That being that the odds would be slightly (very slightly, i know) decreased for all other champs by the addition of Void to the total pool.

Honestly, I don't think any fix will satisfy everybody. I personally would prefer to return the results as I pulled a dupe of Ultron instead of what I hoped was Void, but would understand if somebody pulled another champ they wanted why they wouldn't want it pulled away. I imagine if I pulled a blade, I would have been pretty upset if they took him from me.

An option to do either would be nice, but not necessarily fair to all other players either.
  • That’s why I said to give me void in change for sentry who is the featured hero in those crystals as they wrote in the mailyo9g9d5kovfb.png
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    damn
  • WildpantsWildpants Posts: 148
    Is anyone even surprised at this point?!
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    I have no dog in this fight... but from what I have read the people who bought the "VOID CRYSTAL" and pulled Sentry should get that replaced with Void. That is the only fair thing to do for this in my humble opinion. Seems very obvious actually.
    edited January 2018
    MattMan wrote: »
    chev327fox wrote: »
    I have no dog in this fight... but from what I have read the people who bought the "VOID CRYSTAL" and pulled Sentry should get that replaced with Void. That is the only fair thing to do for this in my humble opinion. Seems very obvious actually.
    Its more complicated for some....I pulled Sentry. Then spun again (because I was looking for Void) and got Antman. I would have stopped had I pulled Void

True bud but I would argue you are now going into unrealistic territory of what is likely to happen. Heck the trade is probably very unlikely... but that is the main thing that would be as fair as possible IMO.

But yeah that does suck pulling another thinking you missed the featured.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,016 ★★★★★
    I don't understand at all how this is even an issue for anyone? You are complaining because of the NAME of a crystal? Who ever said the name has to be the same as the champ? Everyone knows when a new champ is introduced, they are the featured champ regardless of the name of the crystal. If you bought the "void" crystal when Sentry was introduced expecting to get Void because of the name on the crystal, you are not as smart as you'd like everyone to think you are. I can't believe there are 3 pages to this post about people wanting compensation because of the name of the crystal. Blades' featured crystal wasn't called "Blade". Good lord you people will try and get compensation for everything.
    Its more complicated for some....I pulled Sentry. Then spun again (because I was looking for Void) and got Antman. I would have stopped had I pulled Void

True bud but I would argue you are now going into unrealistic territory of what is likely to happen. Heck the trade is probably very unlikely... but that is the main thing that would be as fair as possible IMO.

But yeah that does suck pulling another thinking you missed the featured.

I did the same thing. I pulled Groot. Tried again, and pulled sentry. Tried again, pulled sentry. Then spent 600 units on featured gmc trying for void.

I had a 5* science awakening. Needless to say, I would have only bought that second crystal.

And one of my alliance mates has the screen shot of my pulls in alliance portion about crystals. I definitely got hosed by kabam on this.
    Yeah that really sucks guys I am really sorry to hear about this. I REALLY hope they do something for you... as this was completely their fault.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,016 ★★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    I don't understand.

You should have stopped right there. We are upset because the crystal we spun didn’t have the champion in it that it was supposed to have.

I see that now.
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    I don't understand at all how this is even an issue for anyone? You are complaining because of the NAME of a crystal? Who ever said the name has to be the same as the champ? Everyone knows when a new champ is introduced, they are the featured champ regardless of the name of the crystal. If you bought the "void" crystal when Sentry was introduced expecting to get Void because of the name on the crystal, you are not as smart as you'd like everyone to think you are. I can't believe there are 3 pages to this post about people wanting compensation because of the name of the crystal. Blades' featured crystal wasn't called "Blade". Good lord you people will try and get compensation for everything.

People are complaining bc the in game message said you could try for void. Then kabam put the wrong crystal into the game. So you’re right, you don’t get it.

Let me try a different explanation that you might get: you order speghetti at a restraunt and the waiter tells you what spaghetti is. The waiter then brings you dog poop instead. You say you didn’t order this and the waiter says, “well, I can call it dog poop if you prefer.”
  • NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Hey Everybody,

The correct crystal is now up. You can safely spin for Void at this time. Make sure you restart your game first to be able to see the correct Crystal. It should be called "Sentry Crystal"

Now, we have not yet decided what actions we are going to take, but since the problem has been resolved, we can start those conversations.

Rarely do I say this, actually I don't believe I've ever said this, but I don't think there's anything to discuss here, at least in terms of the net result. I think if the featured crystal was supposed to have Void in the featured table but contained Sentry instead, then the only reasonable thing Kabam can do is offer anyone who pulled Sentry the option to trade him in for a Void instead (which I assume most, but not necessarily all players would choose).

Without knowing the technical details of what's possible, how I might consider doing this is to datamine everyone who pulled Sentry, and then send them a special crystal that contains Void in an email. Tell them if they claim it and open it, they are accepting the offer to exchange Sentry for Void and their Sentry will be removed. Then datamine everyone who opens the crystal over the next week and delete their Sentry champions from their account.

Also find everyone who bought the crystal but haven't spun it yet and immediately refund their shards and remove the crystals before they are spun.

This is completely fair and logical
  • DEFKONDEFKON Posts: 5
    Just popped one thinking it was a void crystal... what an absolute joke Kabam is. This is exactly why I refuse to spend anymore.
  • Hey Everybody,

The correct crystal is now up. You can safely spin for Void at this time. Make sure you restart your game first to be able to see the correct Crystal. It should be called "Sentry Crystal"

Now, we have not yet decided what actions we are going to take, but since the problem has been resolved, we can start those conversations.

i would like my 15k shards back please, you can have my king groot back. also any word if the featured GMC's were affected?
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 434 ★★★★
    DEFKON wrote: »
    Just popped one thinking it was a void crystal... what an absolute joke Kabam is. This is exactly why I refuse to spend anymore.

“Just” as in you only popped one or “just” as in you popped it in the last few minutes? If it’s the latter, you were not affected

This discussion has been closed.