**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why Are Intercepts No Longer "Allowed" In Game?

I mean it's like every character in the game now has this hidden Unstoppable buff that they can just rush through any intercept at any point in the game. Doesn't matter if the timing is perfect. I mean is money that tight over there?

Comments

• Viper013Viper013 Posts: 88
    Yes.. i see this very often..even if i am intercepting correctly then my champ will dash forward nd stop for some moments to let the enemy hit first. What kind of sly wickedness is this?? Dont steal peoples money please
  • RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    edited January 2018
    Im intercepting just fine...sometimes i get hit by a special while trying to intercept or dashing fowards..but thats okay

I think your timing might be offf..

If kabam start (removed by moderator) game mechanics eveywhere, soon there will be nobody left to play the game..

People are not fools and they know that
  • DHCVoLtDHCVoLt Posts: 266
    It works well. It's just timing and keeping your eye on the screen. Don't watch your champion, Watch the screen.

Been playing this game since the beginning broseph. Don't be handing out bad advice. You don't watch the screen, you watch your opponent.

With that said, timing isn't an issue either. Again, I've been playing this game since it came out. It's not that difficult to intercept. I'm not some kid complaining about their inability to parry. I'm noticing, along with ally mates, that the functionality of intercepting has been messed with to counter people's ability to run through content. I mean think about it. Look how they silently nerfed parry by making it "harder" by just altogether disabling half the parries that are activated. Blade's perfectly timed blocks prove that.

I have no problems, my friends, my alliance, youtubers, and the others in this thread have no problems. So instead of being condescending maybe upgrade your device or get good?
  • Flash_AsherFlash_Asher Posts: 80
    DHCVoLt wrote: »
    It works well. It's just timing and keeping your eye on the screen. Don't watch your champion, Watch the screen.

Been playing this game since the beginning broseph. Don't be handing out bad advice. You don't watch the screen, you watch your opponent.

With that said, timing isn't an issue either. Again, I've been playing this game since it came out. It's not that difficult to intercept. I'm not some kid complaining about their inability to parry. I'm noticing, along with ally mates, that the functionality of intercepting has been messed with to counter people's ability to run through content. I mean think about it. Look how they silently nerfed parry by making it "harder" by just altogether disabling half the parries that are activated. Blade's perfectly timed blocks prove that.

I have no problems, my friends, my alliance, youtubers, and the others in this thread have no problems. So instead of being condescending maybe upgrade your device or get good?

Condescending? You and that dude's comment are condescending if you were going by definition. Basically, calling me a liar AND handing out bad advice at the same. "Get good"? Kettle meet pot.

• Haven't been having a problem with intercept myself.
  • Possibly a connection issue or maybe the device your using needs to be cache cleared. Just trying to help

I apologize if my comment quoting your comment was condescending in any way. I didn't have any malicious intentions. I just don't like being called a liar.
    Wearemany wrote: »
    Haven't been having a problem with intercept myself.

All good bro. I'm just going to try and catch what I'm talking about video then post it.

• WildpantsWildpants Posts: 148
    I'm having the same problem. Rarely but when it happens I'm 100% sure it happened. Before you say that I'm just bad, the opponent takes the damage from my intercepting hit but still charge through, so there's no problem with my timing.
    Wearemany wrote: »
    Possibly a connection issue or maybe the device your using needs to be cache cleared. Just trying to help

Thanks my dude! I appreciate the help. If it was just localized to my device which is an iPhone 6+ then I would agree. I have ally mates who are running on the 8 and the 10 along with high end android devices and they're having the same problem.

It's not like this overreaching problem where all intercepts aren't working. It happens every so often where even if the timing is correct the opponent will seemingly push through like Rhino or Juggs. Like I said I'm just going to try and catch it on video and post it.
    Wildpants wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem. Rarely but when it happens I'm 100% sure it happened. Before you say that I'm just bad, the opponent takes the damage from my intercepting hit but still charge through, so there's no problem with my timing.

THANK YOU! That part about causing damage to the opponent but still not being allowed to intercept is exactly what I'm getting at. The number for damage will appear meaning the timing is right.
  • SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    Seems to me it's certain champs you use and go against the intercept timing is wonky. Like I have no problems intercepting on x23 but Thor I can't seem to intercept to save my life.
  • chaos3430chaos3430 Posts: 126
    Server latency and broken mechanics yet to be fixed causes most champs to intercept like Rhino, in fact my Rhino get intercepted on occasion by random champs in Arenas.
  • Gladiator09Gladiator09 Posts: 287 ★★
    Lags create issues like parry dexterity intercepting and blocking
  • I gave up trying to intercept anymore, most of the time it doesn't work for me. Now, I've failed to notice if they took damage or not so I'll keep an eye out for that. There are days I can't even get through easy content the intercepts and parries just fail left and right. I'm uncollected, so it's not that I don't know how to fight. I made it through realm of legends with a 3☆ starlord. There's something wonky with the game causing the issues, I'm sure (challenger rating is still a bs mechanic, if you time your block or parry perfectly there shouldn't be a random chance mechanic that causes it to fail, that's poor design). I was just attributing the failed parries and intercepts to lag on my device, it hiccups so often it's becoming impossible to react, you have to be a mind reader and anticipate moves now. But sometimes it runs smooth like it should, and intercepts are still a challenge to land. They are slowing making this game impossible to play for harder content, without paying.
  • JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    @Flash_Asher I agree with you on this. In fact, I remember a specific day where I felt like they messed with Rhino. I nearly always fight strictly using intercept mode, and he a was always extremely easy to beat. Then all of the sudden one day it changed, now he absolutely has to be parried or he will completely overpower an intercept attack every time.

Some of the champs that I find tougher to incercept now are:

Rhino
    Moon Knight
    Mags
    Juggy

I guess it’s not a terrible thing, because it makes me change my style. But there is a noticeable difference.
  • mAleksandarmAleksandar Posts: 86
    You intercept rhino? I’d like to see a video of that...
    @mAleksandar I’m not sure if you were replying to my comment, but if you were, then no I’m not intercepting him. Every time I try he gores my champ right in the face. :(

So now I just Parry and hope that he doesn’t get an unblockable.
    Yup, I was replying to your comment @JC_ ... You do know that you can’t intercept rhino since he’s unstoppable while dashing towards you? I mean, it’s in his description...
    @mAleksandar well, that’s a little embarrassing. No, I actually did not know that. I thought he was just harder than the other champs to intercept. That makes sense..I guess I didn’t notice that in his description.
    Glad I could be of some help ;)
    Anyway, game is broken in so many ways that it’s almost impossible to count them all...
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    I noticed a change recently too. It’s another case of stealth changes meant to nerf our playing ability. We want a challenging game, but breaking all of our mechanics is not the way to go.

FYI, you can occasionally intercept Rhino. I do it by accident sometimes. His unstoppable rush mechanic doesn’t always work.
    @zero7

I know I have a lot to learn about the game, so I come to the forum to steal knowledge from better players. :-) so I’m happy to be taught. Thanks Bro!