**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Serious question about my arena champs

AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
I've never tried grinding for any of the champs, never knew about the beginners bracket which I am no longer in. Can someone look at all the 3 and 4*s I have and tell me if you think they are capable of.helping me grind to about 3.5-4 mil for starlord?? I want to finally give arena.a chance since I rarely do it. I'll post images in a sec..

Comments

• Options
    2vp2hzau2twr.png
    pko624qojqhs.png
    2ncxgah4qcbx.png
    irvjd1qw5hdd.png
  • Options
    9ne5tv2ee775.png
  • Options
    FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    My suggestion is to get as many of your 3* up to 4/40. You will want to use maxed champions for the arena. Focus on the ones that are awakened first. Second, you should get your 4* Gambit, Quake up to rank 4/40 asap. That also goes for your night crawler.
  • Options
    Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,174 ★★★
    You need to know how to achieve and maintain infinite steak in the arena. Once you achieve it then use only r3 4 star champs and above and maxed out 3 star champs.
  • Options
    xoRIVALoxxoRIVALox Posts: 247
    Honestly.. No.. You will want 4/40 chsmps to get through the streak of death who synergize well, and good synergies. Have good mastery setup also

Try to get him let us know how it turns out, but with that low pi.. That is a LOT of arena grind depending on your brwcket
  • Options
    xoRIVALox wrote: »
    Honestly.. No.. You will want 4/40 chsmps to get through the streak of death who synergize well, and good synergies. Have good mastery setup also

Try to get him let us know how it turns out, but with that low pi.. That is a LOT of arena grind depending on your brwcket

I mean I def can grind alot. I can no life it no problem 😂😂 most I've ever grinded to was a mil in 1 day..but streak ending always takes forever
  • Options
    FR33_HUG5 wrote: »
    My suggestion is to get as many of your 3* up to 4/40. You will want to use maxed champions for the arena. Focus on the ones that are awakened first. Second, you should get your 4* Gambit, Quake up to rank 4/40 asap. That also goes for your night crawler.

Nightcrawler is r4 :P
  • Options
    bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    Your chance to get a high score to get the 4* Starlord is super low.
    As someone that have done a lot of arena, I suggest to max out your 3* as much as you can first.
  • Options
    bloodyCain wrote: »
    Your chance to get a high score to get the 4* Starlord is super low.
    As someone that have done a lot of arena, I suggest to max out your 3* as much as you can first.
    You are probably right. But this will be my first attempt so might as well try I guess
  • Options
    nishantnishant Posts: 30
    Dude, you dont need to make 3-4m. I did 2.42m in the 1st round and got him.
  • Options
    nishant wrote: »

Is the 2nd round usually higher or lower
  • Options
    FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    Ahitlaw wrote: »
    nishant wrote: »

Is the 2nd round usually higher or lower

I think it is going to be higher. The reaso why o say that is you are going to be competing against those that didn’t get the champ the first go around. As well as those that have said champ and want him again so they can dupe him.
  • Options
    BUZZdog3000BUZZdog3000 Posts: 457 ★★
    no probley not.
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Nope, Sorry mate but you wont be able to grind it out. You definitely need those 3 stars to be ranked up.
  • Options
    I think I'm going to make it guys, already at 1.3m and still have 2 days left :):):):):) AND Y'ALL DOUBT ME ;)
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    My advice is: don't just go for the basic champs you think are great. Go for the ones that you think are not great. With a roster as small as yours, there's no such thing as a bad 4* champ, and the ones that are not so great take less effort to get. Every 4* you add to your roster makes it easier to go for the ones that take more points. At one point, something like a quarter of my 4* roster was probably won in the arenas, especially the not-so-great ones that give you just as many points in the arena as the great ones.

In the arenas, more is better. Always pick the low hanging fruit.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,198 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    My advice is: don't just go for the basic champs you think are great. Go for the ones that you think are not great. With a roster as small as yours, there's no such thing as a bad 4* champ, and the ones that are not so great take less effort to get. Every 4* you add to your roster makes it easier to go for the ones that take more points. At one point, something like a quarter of my 4* roster was probably won in the arenas, especially the not-so-great ones that give you just as many points in the arena as the great ones.

Thah is trues.
  • Options

@DNA3000 I def will now, now that I'm going to get starlord I have faith now I can get SOME arena champs. Maybe not the big ones coming up like doc ock which I really want but I'ma do my best from here on out. Question though,for my roster is it surprising that I most likely will be able to score high enough for Starlord? Wish I woulda went for him the first time since I know I'll need him duped....
  • Options
    Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    2.4 mil and you get him.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    Ahitlaw wrote: »

@DNA3000 I def will now, now that I'm going to get starlord I have faith now I can get SOME arena champs. Maybe not the big ones coming up like doc ock which I really want but I'ma do my best from here on out. Question though,for my roster is it surprising that I most likely will be able to score high enough for Starlord? Wish I woulda went for him the first time since I know I'll need him duped....

Not surprising. Starlord has appeared in the arenas several times now as featured and then as basic. Every time a champion shows up the score needed to get him tends to drop, because of course everyone who could score higher probably got him the last time. Also, Star Lord has competition as a top damage dealer now, with champions like Stark Enhanced Spiderman giving him a run for his money in many situations. So while he is still a great champion, he is not as much in demand among the highest scoring arena grinders as he used to be. Most already have him, or figure he won't require as much effort this time around and letting scores drop.

Something else that I think is dropping scores over time. Shards of all kinds are easier to get now than in the past. That means the higher tier players are getting a lot of 4* shards, which means they are getting more chances to straight up pull a champion without having to grind for him in the arenas, whether they want them or not. Many of the champions I would have grinded arena for I didn't have to because I pulled them. This is a tide that lifts all boats. Every champion I pull is a champion I don't grind for which means that's one more other player that will get that champion from arena. And that helps fill their roster, allowing them to grind more efficiently for other champions.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @Ahitlaw do you have an infinite streak or are you just grinding it out?
  • Options
    Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    I don't think you will be there quite yet, but if you keep spending units 24/7 then yes you'll probably achieve your goal!
  • Options
    NamronstrykerNamronstryker Posts: 25
    Best thing to do is give it your all you may miss which would suck but you won’t get the champ if you don’t bother. I live in the arena and because of it I have a roster of 4/5 star champs to get through just about any current content except lol atm.
  • Options
    @Ahitlaw arena grinding is all about patience. As @DNA3000 said, go for champs that you can score easy with a low cutoff 1st than going for bigger champs which everyone wants. Build your roster, get all your 4 stars to r3 minimum and bring the better ones to r4. When you have a decent roster then you can try to go a level up and try for better champs. I was once in your boat just about 6 months back then I started grinding. My initial champs from arena were black panther, Logan, iron fist and so on. Then I scored ice man round 1 somehow which drained me so much, didn't try his dupe 2nd round and I regretted as 2nd round score was so low. Less than half of round 1. I carried on. Now I scored stark spidey round 1 and round 2 both and have him at r4. So in about few months if you keep grinding and have patience you will be where I am today. Good luck. I still am looking to improve my roster so that I can try my hand at featured arena. Featured needs scores of North of 10 million minimum.
  • Options
    @Ahitlaw do you have an infinite streak or are you just grinding it out?

@LeNoirFaineant yes,infinite streak.
    @Anurag1606 and @DNA3000 Thank you guys I will definitely be taking your advice :)
    @Vision_41 At this point it isn't even a question, I am gonna hit 2.6m maybe 2.7m to be safe.
  • Options
    Go for more. See your limits.
  • Options
    Anurag1606 wrote: »
    Go for more. See your limits.

@Anurag1606 Good idea, :) thank you