**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Ghost Rider is inconsistent

GR is the most inconsistent champ on the game. I have him level 70 and did my sp1 2 times, sp2 once, and did a 30 hit combo and no judgment placed πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚..I've never had that happen before but it was crazy. Doesn't he supposed to have a 75 percent chance to place his judgments or something? Why are they so inconsistent. Good way to get me killed while I need to regen.
Β«1

Comments

• IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    GR is the most inconsistent champ on the game. I have him level 70 and did my sp1 2 times, sp2 once, and did a 30 hit combo and no judgment placed πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚..I've never had that happen before but it was crazy. Doesn't he supposed to have a 75 percent chance to place his judgments or something? Why are they so inconsistent. Good way to get me killed while I need to regen.

Where did this occur? Story, Arena, AQ or AW.
  • MannysmokerMannysmoker Posts: 314 β˜…
    That's why I don't like using him anymore, that inconsistent can make or brake your game in situations...
  • GR is the most inconsistent champ on the game. I have him level 70 and did my sp1 2 times, sp2 once, and did a 30 hit combo and no judgment placed πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚..I've never had that happen before but it was crazy. Doesn't he supposed to have a 75 percent chance to place his judgments or something? Why are they so inconsistent. Good way to get me killed while I need to regen.

Happened in story.
  • That's why I don't like using him anymore, that inconsistent can make or brake your game in situations...

Thats why I didn't bother to r5 him. He's sometimes useless and its sad.
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 β˜…β˜…β˜…

Happened in story.

Any chance there was a buff (like debuff immune) on your opponent? Also did it never activate or did it activate once?
  • Nope, I was fighting WS in act 5.1. And I had just got done doing my sp3 and all the buffs had expired. It finally let me place a judgment after combo 35 and all of what I mentioned above lol
  • NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    He has a reduced chance against non villains
  • Lunchbox45Lunchbox45 Posts: 250 β˜…β˜…
    NinjAlan wrote: Β»

This...
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    How dare you guys besmirch the good name of GR!

He's one of best AQ champs in the game. One of the funnest to play too.
  • NinjAlan wrote: Β»

Isn't winter soldier a villain?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    The odds are extremely low for that to happen but at the end of the day it’s statistically possible.
  • Run him with Blade. Guaranteed judgements. Makes GR automatic.

Silence! Don't go telling people that. They will start demanding nerfs!

Lol maybe 10 percent of ppl have blade. So im sure this info about the synergy is irrelevant to almost everyone.
  • MarcusUnreadMarcusUnread Posts: 143 β˜…
    Use a 3* Blade, most players have one of those. Sure it’s not practical in AW but it’s certainly viable in story and even AQ since it makes GR elite, don’t really need anyone else.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,659 Guardian

That's true, although for completeness sake Ghost Rider has a 20% increased chance to place judgments on villains. Against non-villains he has the chance listed under his abilities. 70% for the light-combo one and SP1, 80% for heavy and SP2, 100% for SP3, and 65% for the medium-combo one you get when he is awakened.

I'm also not sure if "20% increased chance" means 70% becomes 90% or if 70% becomes 84%. As worded, it should be 84%. But "as worded" and percentages means less than nothing when game developers write text descriptions.
  • DNA3000 wrote: Β»

That's true, although for completeness sake Ghost Rider has a 20% increased chance to place judgments on villains. Against non-villains he has the chance listed under his abilities. 70% for the light-combo one and SP1, 80% for heavy and SP2, 100% for SP3, and 65% for the medium-combo one you get when he is awakened.

I'm also not sure if "20% increased chance" means 70% becomes 90% or if 70% becomes 84%. As worded, it should be 84%. But "as worded" and percentages means less than nothing when game developers write text descriptions.

Exactly. If he has a chance to inflict bleed after a 5 hit combo with a 70 percent chance or more, how didn't I inflict one with 6 full combos? The percentages are off.
  • chaos3430chaos3430 Posts: 126 β˜…
    I have gone entire fights with him in arenas, with both my 3 and 4 star with out being able to place a single judgement on numerous attempts between medium, light, heavy and specials. it's very inconsistent, sometimes they pile on, sometimes you can't get any.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    GR only has a 50% chance to place a judgement on Non-villains. There are only 5 ways to place a judgement.
    5 hit combo (LLLLL) (70%)
    5 hit combo (LLLLM) awakened only.
    SP1 (70%)
    SP2 (80%)
    Heavy attack (gives regen, the more judgements, the longer the regen) (80%)
    SP3 Places damnation which resets all judgements.
    It's harder to get judgements on Non-Villains than on Villains. So WS wouldn't proc judgements as easily.
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 β˜…β˜…
    That's why I don't like using him anymore, that inconsistent can make or brake your game in situations...

Thats why I didn't bother to r5 him. He's sometimes useless and its sad.

1, i thnk thats the only problem like that ive ever seen, seems to just be you. i have him 5* and r4 4*duped never had a problem with him

2. your lucky were getting a 3* blade
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Yeah he is, that's why he's overrated. You need his Blade synergy, then he becomes a really good champ.
  • CorpsmanCorpsman Posts: 54 β˜…
    You don’t need the blade synergy. Been using him since I pulled him as a 4* feature. Never had that many judgments fail.
  • CorpsmanCorpsman Posts: 54 β˜…
    He’s one of the best well rounded champs in the game.
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I have to say I don’t agree. Gr I think is one of the best champs in the game have him 5* at r4 and he can single-handedly carry me through aq. I have never had that much of a problem as op has. I also have him as a4 * duped my 5 is not awakened.
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 β˜…β˜…
    LoPresti wrote: Β»
    Yeah he is, that's why he's overrated. You need his Blade synergy, then he becomes a really good champ.

no you dont, most of his judgements trigger the first time, if they dont then they do the second time, the blade synergy barely helps, but if your that unlucky with judgements proccing then yes, use blade. hes not over rated, and hes already so fantastically good
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,659 Guardian
    LoPresti wrote: Β»

In my opinion, you don't even need to awaken him for him to be a really good champ much less need any synergies. You just have to learn to use his judgments well. Between his very strong heal and his super-fate seal on special three, he's one of the best attackers out there. Furthermore he doesn't really self buff and its easy to avoid debuffing which makes him strong in end game content. I can't think of another champ that has immunity, healing, power control, nullify *and* doesn't feed buffet and masochism. His tools are all trickier to use than other champs, but he has a basket load of them to use against targets.
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I have had things like this happen before. It’s happened on other champs. It’s more noticeable on GR. It starts to feels like every opponent has ability accuracy reduction. I think the RNG or whatever calculation they are using to determine judgements and other debuffs is very poor and inconsistent. If it were truly random, fights where you can’t get a judgement after many attempts would be extremely rare, but it happens too often.
  • ZENZEN Posts: 151 β˜…
    WHAT??!! I just r4ed him together with Blade. Now, I need a rank down ticket... lol.