**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Changes to the Captain America champs.

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    What Rank is your WW2?
  • Options
    BornBorn Posts: 228 ★★
    yea he is only really good when the opponents have buffs. But when they do, he is just awesome!

Took my sig 99 ww2 into AQ the other week. Arrived at dorm on day 4 I think it was who had around 2/3rds his health left. Not sure what his attack was, but he was around 47kpi or something. Anyway I entered the fight with 170hp on my WW2, basically couldn't see anything on the health bar. Long story short, I KO'd dorm and was left with 170hp on my WW2. Don't know of too many other champs who could allow you to do that.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,796 ★★★★★
    edited June 2017
    Oh ... I am hoping to pull WWII, a Science awakening gem waiting.

So which champ can I use the gem on?
    Quake?

By the way, why Mods don't come it to confirm or dispel the position?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    winterthur wrote: »
    Oh ... I am hoping to pull WWII, a Science awakening gem waiting.

So which champ can I use the gem on?
    Quake?

By the way, why Mods don't come it to confirm or dispel the position?

It's midnight where they are. They may not be on. At least where some are. I'm not sure if they're all in the same area.
  • Options
    mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    I won't take him to war again.
  • Options
    You won't take him to War because he takes Damage? I think you may be overdramatizing the whole situation. You lost a Fight. No Champ is capable of 0 Damage all the time. WW2 hasn't been altered since 12.0.1. I'm assuming you are just learning this since you recently Duped him. I would suggest someone else for Attack. WW2 is not the best choice.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    mydnight wrote: »
    I'm mainly talking about WWII. I didn't expect perfect block. I expected not to take hundreds of blocking damage because he has decent block proficiency. It was in his description after 12.0. They decreased it to 20-30% from 50. It's an issue.

Originally Cap had a base block value and had a block bonus as a passive power. They just folded the two together. And this happened in 12.1, not recently. And I don't know what numbers you are quoting, but Cap WWII's block proficiency is currently around 70%. It was actually closer to 56% or so in 12.0 but was buffed as part of the update to fix the worst balance issues with 12.0.

No one has ever had significantly higher block proficiency than the two Caps currently since 12.0. I'm afraid whatever you think you saw, it is essentially impossible that post 12.0 you could have seen block proficiencies much higher because diminishing returns makes it virtually impossible. To see 80% block you would need a block stat of 9000+. To see 90% block you would need to see block stats over 20,000. I can assure you Captain America never had that high of a block, for any moment after 12.0.
  • Options
    The numbers that were "folded together" weren't mentioned in the change log. This is also an issue.
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited June 2017
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I just checked my own Captain America and Captain America WWII. As far as I can tell, they both look identical to how they looked after Kabam buffed both Cap's block stats after 12.0. And I've been looking at both Cap's stats almost continuously since 12.0 released as I was one of the people pointing out the huge block problem intrinsic to DR in 12.0, advocated for Cap's block capabilities to be increased post 12.0, and have been using Cap as an example for many of my DR posts since 12.0.
    They aren't even remotely close to pre 12.0 values

OG Cap
    Base bp (old system): 88%
    With 4/4 bp mastery (old system): 96%
    Base bp (new system): 76.36% (6461)
    With 4/4 bp mastery (new system): 78.40%

WWII
    Base bp (old system): 86%
    With 4/4 bp mastery (old system): 94%
    Base bp (new system): 74% (5693)
    With 4/4 bp mastery (new system): 76.45%

Even the base bp under old system was higher than the highest bp that is achievable under the new system

EDIT: Oops....didn't read your post properly and now I can't delete this one
  • Options
    No probs, GB. Kabam's answer to this was "sorry, we can't do anything or explain
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Ww2 barely takes less block damage than other champs. Maybe 10% less. It's always been like that. He just has a better chance to reduce all blocked damage. Mine is sig 59 at rank 5 and he still takes some damage from fights but never even close to losing more than 1/4 health in a fight
  • Options
    username92847username92847 Posts: 292
    edited June 2017
    I WONDERED ABOUT CAP....
    Thanks for posting this man!

How about it kabam,... does this warrant a few RDTs now?

U CHANGED A CHAMP....
    As per your own words,

Doesn't that entitle us to RDTs?
    So we can change our mind about your changed champs??
  • Options
    Sirnoob2Sirnoob2 Posts: 289 ★★
    edited June 2017
    I WONDERED ABOUT CAP....
    Thanks for posting this man!

How about it kabam,... does this warrant a few RDTs now?

U CHANGED A CHAMP....
    As per your own words,

Doesn't that entitle us to RDTs?
    So we can change our mind about your changed champs??

What are u on about they stated they before the second round of tickets dropped ge wouldnt do pb not only that they buffed him if u didn't like the change u had ample opportunity to down rank them
    Really nitpicking now for those tickets huh
  • Options
    ^^^ Did I wrong U in some former life or this this one? ....

U (& 3 or 4 specific others) have rained contradiction on all of my post & comments.

Kinda...odd... 5 of THE SAME ppl... trolling my requests.... ALL of em.
    Kinda like a team

• Options
    ^^^ Did I wrong U in some former life or this this one? ....

U (& 3 or 4 specific others) have rained contradiction on all of my post & comments.

Kinda...odd... 5 of THE SAME ppl... trolling my requests.... ALL of em.
    Kinda like a team

It's all a conspiracy anyone that won't agree with u is clearly out to get ya
  • Options
    I KNEW IT,.... WELL, ...
    u know what they say,

"Even if you arent paranoid,
    they may still be out to get ya"
  • Options
    Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    My cap takes so much more block damage these days, are we ever going to get an answer? I mean especially the OG cap, at least WWII has a great bleed.
  • Options
    CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    Let's stop this aimless debating and refocus.

The main point is that Captain America has one notable aspect: Block Proficiency. Some consider this aspect to be great, while others don't. This ability, his only prominent one, was made much less effective with the 12.0 update that introduced the flat rate changes. I don't think that either Cap was good to begin with. Many disagree, but that's beside the point. The point is that these two champs were made worse in certain areas, but excel in this area to even it out. The one area they excel at was undermined to mediocre at best, leading to two far below average champs. We've seen scenarios like this with Dr. Strange, where his abilities were severely nerfed, but his base statistics weren't brought up to compensate the drop. My advice: Kabam needs to buff up the characters whose notable abilities are made worse in other areas. They have a bad habit of making a certain portion of the game bad, which makes the champs who depend on that portion worthless. We've seen it time and time again. If champs really are too OP, nerf them, but not so drastically that everyone who r5'd the guy regrets having them anywhere past r3. Do things similar to what you did with Scarlet Witch, where you made an OP champ worse, but still a Top 10 champ by most people's standards. Thank you.
  • Options
    SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    I don't think that was a good test, after 12.0 no champ had BP even the Caps. He always took too much block damage unless the enemy was under buffs (and even then it was just a high chance to BP). What the caps did however retain unlike every other champ is perfect parry block. No matter if the enemy had 1 PI or 8 billion PI a parry would yield 0% damage every time. Now that don't mean much if it's a stun immune.

At the same time a few hundred damage is abit high especially for the Caps and I'm assuming you have Block Pro the mastery maxed out which should help by I'm 100% guessing here, about 5% meaning he supposed to block about 80% damage, that does sadly leave alot of room when it comes to some nodes and how juiced up some champs could get. 20% of damage on a strong ass node can be alot.

Also, did you notice a Yondu and NightCrawler on that map? Them together have a Block Penetration synergy that the whole defence 5 man team would get. It's possible that person on defence had that synergy which made it easier to punch through your block (idk how effective Block Pen is tho since no one really tested it yet)
  • Options
    Oh goodie.... more reason to be disgusted with wars
    (& that synergy will work its way into AQ)
    & Champs that were changed
    THAT WE FEEL STUCK WITH.
  • Options
    Injuries_IrkedInjuries_Irked Posts: 41
    Cap ww2 is working fine. Plows through dorm and juggy as boss in tier 1 War. All those buffs, zero damage
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Maybe there is a bug or something. I personally don't use caps but an alliance mate of mine was reporting increase block damage as well.

I still think everyone is over reacting about this block penetration stat but we will see I guess.
  • Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    You won't take him to War because he takes Damage? I think you may be overdramatizing the whole situation. You lost a Fight. No Champ is capable of 0 Damage all the time. WW2 hasn't been altered since 12.0.1. I'm assuming you are just learning this since you recently Duped him. I would suggest someone else for Attack. WW2 is not the best choice.

WWII is a great choice for attack even in tier 2 AW. Have you even got a duped WWII cap at r4 or r5 ?
  • Options
    Monto_Carlos28Monto_Carlos28 Posts: 246
    I loved cap ww2. Even through mine was a 3* but I had him dupped multiple times n he is at 2000+ right now. With all the necessary masteries like block n stun unlocked n maxed just for him. It is a waste right now. He is still one of the 5 champs I use but looks like tats going to be over now.
  • Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    1zoa6rsbnswr.jpg
    My r5 cap WWII is saying his block proficiency is 74%. His sig is 65 an has a 47.57% to perfect block while opponent is under a debuffp
  • Options
    Jaffacaked wrote: »

WWII is a great choice for attack even in tier 2 AW. Have you even got a duped WWII cap at r4 or r5 ?

Mines r4 and hes my boss killer on aq love him
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    edited June 2017
    Cap is great for AW offense. If you don't think so the you don't know what he's capable of.
  • Options
    CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    Cap ww2 is working fine. Plows through dorm and juggy as boss in tier 1 War. All those buffs, zero damage

Cap is made for blocking. He has a high chance for Perfect Block, and the highest Block Proficiency. Many champs have a high chance for Perfect Block, but they have other aspects like Daredevil does with Evade. Cap's other aspect is Block Proficiency, which was slaughtered with the Flat Rate system. Yes, Block Proficiency is working as intended, but Cap is not. His Block Proficiency was made much less effective due to the reduction of it. So no, he isn't working as intended.

Black Panther's only notable aspect is Bleed. The original one. What if Bleed damage was reduced by 30%? He'd be much worse. This is what happened here, but Black Panther is Cap, and Bleed is Block Proficiency. Does that analogy make more sense?
  • Options
    MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 469 ★★★
    bump for Cap Bug / Nerf explanation
  • Options
    Same here guys don't know what is happening anymore in mcoc