Options

Beating stacked Iron man regen?

Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
I went through the new MJ challenge once just to get a feel for it. Then I did the hardest path and took everyone down except Iron Man no problem. But his regen is insane and power is drained so who do I use to beat him? I thought of Guillotine but again power drain is problem. Would Yondu be the best option? Or who?

Comments

• Options
    I may have to use SL. I don't have AA...
  • Options
    It just sucks because I took the other champs down. Now I have to restart. The boss fight is no problem. Lol
  • Options
    Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    Finding someone with Heal Block and Power Drain would be a great option. I don't know who *cough* Vision *cough*, but hope you find someone!
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    If you have a stacked Mystic Diversion (4+), you can get to Guilly's SP2 really quickly with all of the buffs.
  • Options
    Vision would probably take too long. I guess SL will be my best bet. I just didn't realize he would regen that much. Lol
  • Options
    taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    Play aggressive? I didn't have a problem with it, just hit him to remove the stacks. I used Drax cause he does a double hit medium.
  • Options
    OwGssOwGss Posts: 82
    Angela shut him down easy
  • Options
    I don't have Angela. And I play aggressive, but you also have to bait specials.
  • Options
    He wasn't regenerating thousands of health against you? Hmmm...
  • Options
    neeksbneeksb Posts: 24
    Took me a few tries to take him down with the stun immune node but you just have to be aggressive. I used x23 (5* r4). Good thing he isnt bleed immune. Just make sure he always has 1 bar of power, keep baiting specials and heavy attacks and continuously attack
  • Options
    Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited January 2018
    Using any hard hitter (preferably cosmic) and being aggressive helps. you can easily remove his regen stacks by hitting him.

I used my 5* Symbiote Spiderman (4/55) and it was easy to defeat him. i assume a 4* could do the same thing.
  • Options
    Serft2002Serft2002 Posts: 13
    I used my civil warrior yo complete this hurdle. its worth it
  • Options
    KenshioKenshio Posts: 162
    hyprion was best option for me
    just spam sp1 and bait his sp1 again and again
    last path iron man fight was a lot harder for me compare to boss(one shot him every time) , last iron man took 2 revive !
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,708 Guardian
    I took him down with Voodoo. You build up loas, convert to poison, reach SP2, start power burning, then it becomes inevitable.
  • Options
    I don't have Void, Hyperion, or any R4 5*, but I do have SL and that's who I will probably use. I could possibly try Cap Marvel too. She hits pretty hard. But it's just trying to bait without being able to parry he can stack a pretty good amount of regen. Every other champ isn't too bad, even boss. Lol
  • Options
    I don't have Voodoo either. Lol
  • Options
    Nabz034Nabz034 Posts: 209 ★★
    Spurgeo14 wrote: »
    I went through the new MJ challenge once just to get a feel for it. Then I did the hardest path and took everyone down except Iron Man no problem. But his regen is insane and power is drained so who do I use to beat him? I thought of Guillotine but again power drain is problem. Would Yondu be the best option? Or who?

Use either Visions S2 right when Iron Man is at 20% Health, works all the time...may take some getting use to so find a high level Iron man and duel him a few times to get the timing down. Good luck!
  • Options
    Carme1974Carme1974 Posts: 231
    i used Scarlet
  • Options
    RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    I used my 5* R4 Gwenpool. If you have a champion who has really high attack or can deal high DoT abilities, you can afford Iron Man's regen for a few seconds since you will outdamage him, provided you play semi-aggressively. Gwenpool was a viable option for me because her bleed + armour break easily outdamages Iron Man's healing with aggressive play of combat.

I also used my 4* AA sometimes, the neurotoxins work, but you need to make sure you don't get whacked due to the class disadvantage.
  • Options
    SharkJawsSharkJaws Posts: 78
    gg and the hood (staggered)
  • Options
    DhruvgDhruvg Posts: 287
    I used my 5* drax to complete the challenge , he is unawakened and easily defeated im , you just need good intersecting skills.
  • Options
    Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    Not everyone has good 5* Champs, if the OP had them he wouldn’t be here asking for help.

• Options
    WhatRYouWhatRYou Posts: 443 ★★
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    If you have a stacked Mystic Diversion (4+), you can get to Guilly's SP2 really quickly with all of the buffs.

Also Voodoo sp1 and Magik sp1 when arc overload kicks in...easiest way to shut it down!!
    I wouldn't go with a Cyclops, just in case you were wondering!!! :)
  • Options
    @Dhruvg

I'm getting better at intercepting. That's not problem. My problem is when Ironman stands in the corner blocking and quickly stacks 3-4 regeneration buffs because he regenerates the health Ive taken away very quickly. I can hit him 80 times and get no where because he regenerates it back. I am going to use my SL though because I can easily get combos of 200-300.
  • Options
    B1gG4zB1gG4z Posts: 146
    I just used Hyperion and spammed sp1 every couple of seconds. He died fairly easy
  • Options
    dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    I just finished the hard path + boss, figuring I better get the worst over first. By the time I got to him, I had lost a few of my champs for whatever reasons, so I wore him down with a fresh r5 4* Red Hulk, got him to the point his regular arc overload went off before RHulk went down. Then I finished with my r5 4* Ghost Rider.

I found just pushing him into specials, as he is very easy to bait, was the way to go.
  • Options
    G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    Born wrote: »
    Void is another option. Really just need to avoid him and let those regens stack once you have the Petrify Debuffs on him.

https://youtu.be/VZPGp8vOhKY

Was just going to ask about void I have a 4 * R4 awakened Sig at 40.