**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6* BPCW bugged in Michael B Jordan challenge?

Can a mod or anyone else explain why Black Panther civil war is going unstoppable in the Michael B Jordan challenge?
His abilities page doesn't say anything about it, and none of the local buffs for that tile grant an unstoppable buff.
Is this a bug?
I have a few videos of it happening from three different passes through the quest.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uy08duqustv6m9a/Champions_2018-01-26-21-06-36.mp4?dl=0

Comments

• Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    His signature allows him to use an armor charge and go unstoppable for a short time if the opponent uses a heavy attack.
  • MagsMags Posts: 132
    Where does it say that?
  • BrandonmballouBrandonmballou Posts: 219
    From the looks of it not sure why your stun didn't trigger stunning you
    Because it cannot interrupt specials..
    Mags wrote: »
    Where does it say that?
    In his signature ability it the % chance to absorb the heavy attack, the wording could be more specific but that’s what it means.
    I see his Sig says it has the ability to absorb a heavy impact, but why proc the unstoppable buff?
    edited January 2018
    I see his Sig says it has the ability to absorb a heavy impact, but why proc the unstoppable buff?
    That’s the absorb part, that’s just how he absorbs it.
  • Jay_IberoJay_Ibero Posts: 265

That's the way the feature works. If he has an armor up when getting hit by a heavy attack, it has a chance to consume the armor to go unstoppable to absorb the impact.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Can a mod or anyone else explain why Black Panther civil war is going unstoppable in the Michael B Jordan challenge?

This seems to have to do with BPCW's signature ability that allows him to absorb the damage of a heavy attack by consuming an armor up buff. As I watched your video, I could see that when you make contact with your heavy BPCW loses an armor up stack and also although the attack generates damage numbers his health bar doesn't move. I think this is the signature ability in action. Why it specifically says he goes unstoppable I'm not sure. I don't know if he really is unstoppable at that moment or if it is just a floating text error.
    Alright, that explains the mechanics of it. Just strange seeing the unstoppable buff proc.. In the two years I've played the game I guess I've never thrown a heavy at him :D
    Seems like they could just make it say "Absorbed" like they do for resisted heavies, or use the word unstoppable in his Sig description.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    He is still bugged tho. Just not the Unstoppable thing. According to reddit Medusa’s armor shatter isn’t preventing his armor up
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Alright, that explains the mechanics of it. Just strange seeing the unstoppable buff proc.. In the two years I've played the game I guess I've never thrown a heavy at him :D
    Seems like they could just make it say "Absorbed" like they do for resisted heavies, or use the word unstoppable in his Sig description.

I feel like they added it in a “silent” buff. But yeah I can’t really recall ever heavying him because it’s too risky in AW generally
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Because they silently buff champs...
  • It’s in his spotlight. Been like that since his release
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    But he is bug in another way I guess ... he is triggering armor up buffs while under an armor shattered debuff.
    Guess it's the node that is causing this bug
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    But he is bug in another way I guess ... he is triggering armor up buffs while under an armor shattered debuff.
    Guess it's the node that is causing this bug

There are other bugs as well—like how he sometimes triggers reflect stun off non-contact stuns (from special attacks), or how he sometimes triggers a reflect stun after getting an armor up buff while already under the effect of a stun (stun triggered while he did not have armor up)