**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

"Black Widow on M.Jordan's Challenge" Pt.1

Am i the only one suffering the 3% ability of BW to evade attacks in the new challenge? I mean there isn't a local node on round 4 for BW which says "Enhanced Abilities" (or i just missed it?). She evades very often now IDK if that is normal or what. I have a 4* BW but when trying to use her, she doesn't trigger evade that much. (I know its pointless to compare a 4* over a 5*/6*). Though i've accomplished it but its kinda bugging those who are struggling.
Thanks and adios!

Comments

• mfleurymfleury Posts: 100
    3% to active per hit so there is a ~14% that she evade at least once in a 5 hit combo. It's not that low when you view that way.
  • Ryuichi_01Ryuichi_01 Posts: 123
    mfleury wrote: »
    3% to active per hit so there is a ~14% that she evade at least once in a 5 hit combo. It's not that low when you view that way.

Yeah maybe I'm just wrong hahaha lol i think of it as the effect of that small percentage
  • XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    Don't know what you're talking about. I'm just fine fighting her. That's what she said.
  • 2nd_slingshot2nd_slingshot Posts: 233
    I fought the last path BW with no problem, with wolvie he took some serious block damag4 but it wasn't that bad. I fought the 2nd path during my 2nd run and she wrecked two cha
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,872 ★★★★★
    All the champs as AI trigger abilities way more often than we do using them.

She was evading like she was Spider-Man against me, it was ridiculous.

I slipped up and got 3 hits from Black Panther too... each hit did bleed damage, I can use mine in arena and maybe get 1-2 bleeds for a fight.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Glad I didn't have to go through that my archangel made sure of that.
  • 2nd_slingshot2nd_slingshot Posts: 233
    I fought the last path BW with no problem, with wolvie he took some serious block damag4 but it wasn't that bad. I fought the 2nd path during my 2nd run and she wrecked two champions with that evade.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    DHCVoLt wrote: »
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    Jac094 wrote: »

I don't think that's how probability works 😓

That's exactly how it works tho

No it isn’t. It’s calculated per hit, like you said. So you wouldn’t round over a multitude because it’s always 3%. It’s never gonna be 14% for this amount, it’s 3% every time.

The hits are all calculated independently; but from the perspective of fighting her, what you experience is calculated like this:

Chances of not being evaded after one hit is 0.97 (i.e. 3% chance of being evaded on a single hit)

Chances of not being evaded after two hits is 0.97 X 0.97 = 0.94 (i.e. 6% chance of being evaded)

Chances of not being evaded after five hits is 0.97 X 0.97 X 0.97 X 0.97 X 0.97 = 0.85 (i.e. 15% chance of being evaded)
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★

Vegas loves people that think the way you do. In roulette if the wheel lands red 20 times in a row it doesn’t change the chances that the next spin will be red. At all. Every spins probability is unique to itself. Just like every strike is unique to itself for the 3% chance to evade
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Bunch of geniuses. Yes but there is the odds per strike, and then there is the odds per 5 strikes Or odds per hundred strikes, in fact that’s what percentage means. And if over all our gameplay she is evading more than that for everyone then yes The 3% figure given would not be correct. THe point is that 3% per strike Doesn’t sound as low when you have to hit her 5 times every combo
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,872 ★★★★★
    Speeds80 wrote: »
    Bunch of geniuses. Yes but there is the odds per strike, and then there is the odds per 5 strikes Or odds per hundred strikes, in fact that’s what percentage means. And if over all our gameplay she is evading more than that for everyone then yes The 3% figure given would not be correct. THe point is that 3% per strike Doesn’t sound as low when you have to hit her 5 times every combo

It does sound as low, because it still sounds like "3%"
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    @Sighsohard That's if you take each spin as independent. If you assume that there are a finite number of attempts from the outset, then you can determine the probability of something occurring at least once (or whatever it is to solve for X times).

A is 3%
    When trying 5 times.
    A never occurring is 86%, meaning that it would be 14% for occurring at least once.

@mfleury is correct to the whole number.

(Sorry if this ends up posting multiple times, it keeps on sending me to approval, so I removed the link to the calculator showing the above)
  • mfleurymfleury Posts: 100
    Sighsohard wrote: »

Vegas loves people that think the way you do. In roulette if the wheel lands red 20 times in a row it doesn’t change the chances that the next spin will be red. At all. Every spins probability is unique to itself. Just like every strike is unique to itself for the 3% chance to evade

Never said that giving 4 hits changes the probability of it to trigger in the 5 hit. And I know enough to not play any lottery of Vegas games.

I'm just saying that, if you do 5 hits, you have a ~14% chance of getting the evade at least one time. She could evade in the first hit, maybe the last or maybe in all five hits, many possibilities.

For the curious ones, here is how the math is done: you have 3% of getting the evade so 97% to not the evade. Let calculate the chance of bw not evading 5 hits than, considering the events are independent. Than there is 97% of her not evading the first, 97% on second and so on. Since the events are independent, we can't multiply the %, so 97%*97%*97%*97%*97%= ~85,6% of her NOT evading. Than there is a ~14,4% of her evading at least once.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    I’m not even sure what’s being discussed or asserted anymore, did seem like it was more than 3% to me
  • DJSergyDJSergy Posts: 170 ★★
    Way more than 3% it seems. And just to add to the probability discussion, rounding to 100 seems a good reasonable way to explain it since we talking about percentages.

So 3% chance to evade means that she should evade 3 hits out of 100. So every 33 hits she should be evading once.

She was evading way more than that. I would say once evry 10 hits or so. But she is a 5* so assuming is a 3* its not accurate as it might be different
  • King_L0kiB34rKing_L0kiB34r Posts: 208
    I used archangel for her, he reduces ability accuracy with that neurotoxin.. once you get one on her she pretty much can't evade.
  • LM796LM796 Posts: 55

Gambler’s fallacy mate. The previous hit has no effect on the next. 3% per hit that’s all. Like somebody said, 20 reds on the roulette table doesn’t mean the next spin will have an increased probability to be black. Every spin (or in this case, hit) is independent from the last.

• AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    LM796 wrote: »

Gambler’s fallacy mate. The previous hit has no effect on the next. 3% per hit that’s all. Like somebody said, 20 reds on the roulette table doesn’t mean the next spin will have an increased probability to be black. Every spin (or in this case, hit) is independent from the last.

Buddy he's telling you the chance of her evading ONCE IN FIVE HITS, not the chance to evade ON THE FIFTH HIT.
    This is basic maths.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    I have no doubt that Kabam boosts up the % of defending champs.
  • NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    Use mordo and just parry her and only hit when she’s stunned if your having problems. He parries her 100%
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    tufan_1974 wrote: »
    Ryuichi_01 wrote: »

Yeah maybe I'm just wrong hahaha lol i think of it as the effect of that small percentage

it depends who is using champs, if player using a champ even 70% buffs may not happen regularly (i.e.GR Damnation), if AI using the champs even 5% always works.

I hit BP 37 times without being hit, and executed 2 sp1 on him with 5* R3 Archangel and he didnt even bleed ONCE!!! and his PI was almost half of Archangel !!!

Everything is working as intended !

Depending on the quest, BP is immune to Bleed.
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★

That's not how it works.
    3%, 3%, 3%, 3%, 3%

You can't add them up.
    @Sighsohard That's if you take each spin as independent. If you assume that there are a finite number of attempts from the outset, then you can determine the probability of something occurring at least once (or whatever it is to solve for X times).

https://omnicalculator.com/statistics/probability

A is 3%
    When trying 5 times.
    A never occurring is 86%, meaning that it would o

https://omnicalculator.com/statistics/probability

A is 3%
    When trying 5 times.
    A never occurring is 86%, meaning that it would occur at least once is 14%