**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Confused and frustrated with Mystic Champs ranking and leveling. Reponse + insights very welcome.

raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
edited January 2018 in General Discussion
So I just have enough mystic T4CCs to rank up one of these for now. Am looking for a long term champ that can be useful in both attack and defense. I already have duped 5* Magik,R4, duped 4* Magik R5, unduped 5* Ghost Rider. I will bring them all to highest rank in time, of course.

Confused and frustrated with Mystic Champs ranking and leveling. Reponse + insights very welcome. 19 votes

5* Dormammu unduped R2 to R3
26%
SirnoobnameplasJohnyzeroSharkPowerr99Elitehunter 5 votes
4* Dormammu unduped R4 to R5
0%
5* Voodoo unduped R2 to R3
15%
abhi7215vinniegainzNiteAndDae 3 votes
4* Voodoo duped R4 to R5
47%
JOHNOSA1995GbSarkarJozielPNNDK13Apocs_HammerLunchbox45Next2HellJackbrooks2580Agent_Onion 9 votes
4* Mephisto duped R4 to R5
5%
Powroti 1 vote
4* Juggernaut duped R4 to R5
5%
SpiritOfVengeance 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    5* unduped Ghost Rider is R4.
  • Options
    SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    Do u need a attack voodoo do u need a defender dorm haven’t used Mephisto yet so someone else can comment on him and my advice unless ur in lower tiers don’t touch jug

Oh and voodo does not need his dupe to be good
    Dorm is a bit annoying to get used to but

https://youtu.be/2kor7zwiwY4

There are tutorials on YouTube I’d mess around with his r4 more if u intendt to use him for quest to see if u like him better then voodoo
    I guess if u can learn him dorm might be better to upgrade for both don’t remember if his sig was usefull think it just had degen
  • Options
    Delta_14Delta_14 Posts: 64
    In my opinion, you don’t have a champ that fulfills your criteria.

We’re seeing Dormammu used a little more on attack these days (for which unduped is fine), but to be useful for defense, he really needs his duped ability.

Doctor Voodoo is a great attacker, but his uses on defense are limited.

Conversely, Mephisto is great on defense, but his low damage output limits his offensive capacity (outside of very specific situations- i.e. against Mephisto/Iceman)

Similarly, Juggernaut can be a good defender under the right circumstances, but his value for offense is limited.

Saying ‘I want a champ that can do everything’ is therefore limiting you. There is nothing wrong with saving the resources if that’s a hard limit, but other than Magik (who you already have ranked) there are not a lot of top tier champs who are both attackers AND defenders left in the mystic class (in my opinion).

That isn’t to say that there aren’t some of the most powerful champs in the game. Personally, I would look at my needs and rank an attacker OR defender accordingly.

In that circumstance, in my opinion, the best defender you currently have is Mephisto. The best attacker you have is duped DV. The champ with highest all-round potential (i.e most useful on attack and defense) is your 5* Dormammu once you dupe him- I’d also say he’s the best defender overall, but only with his duped ability.
  • Options
    Delta_14 wrote: »
    In my opinion, you don’t have a champ that fulfills your criteria.

We’re seeing Dormammu used a little more on attack these days (for which unduped is fine), but to be useful for defense, he really needs his duped ability.

Doctor Voodoo is a great attacker, but his uses on defense are limited.

Conversely, Mephisto is great on defense, but his low damage output limits his offensive capacity (outside of very specific situations- i.e. against Mephisto/Iceman)

Similarly, Juggernaut can be a good defender under the right circumstances, but his value for offense is limited.

Saying ‘I want a champ that can do everything’ is therefore limiting you. There is nothing wrong with saving the resources if that’s a hard limit, but other than Magik (who you already have ranked) there are not a lot of top tier champs who are both attackers AND defenders left in the mystic class (in my opinion).

That isn’t to say that there aren’t some of the most powerful champs in the game. Personally, I would look at my needs and rank an attacker OR defender accordingly.

In that circumstance, in my opinion, the best defender you currently have is Mephisto. The best attacker you have is duped DV. The champ with highest all-round potential (i.e most useful on attack and defense) is your 5* Dormammu once you dupe him- I’d also say he’s the best defender overall, but only with his duped ability.

This is so helpful man. Thanks so much.
  • Options
    Sirnoob wrote: »
    Do u need a attack voodoo do u need a defender dorm haven’t used Mephisto yet so someone else can comment on him and my advice unless ur in lower tiers don’t touch jug

Oh and voodo does not need his dupe to be good
    Dorm is a bit annoying to get used to but

https://youtu.be/2kor7zwiwY4

There are tutorials on YouTube I’d mess around with his r4 more if u intendt to use him for quest to see if u like him better then voodoo
    I guess if u can learn him dorm might be better to upgrade for both don’t remember if his sig was usefull think it just had degen

Thanks for this info. Very helpful.
  • Options
    nameplasnameplas Posts: 240 ★★
    As per your requirements juggs, either of the voodoos and 4* dormammu are out of question here, you have a 5* dormammu and juggs can't be used on attack as a 4* just like voodoo can't do much on defence.
    It's either mephisto or 5* dormammu, i voted for dormammu because he has the potential to offer a bit more than mephisto on the whole, considering he's a 5* that is.
    Everything changes if you have a mystic awakening gem though, that voodoo can do wonders as a 4/55. May not be a good defender but he will make up in a lot of other ways. He satisfies the "long term usage" requirement more than anyone else you listed.
    Hope this helps.