**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

END STAR DESIGNATIONS FOR CHAMPIONS

I just started playing MCoC in Nov 2017 and I can already see going forward that Star designations are untenable for Champs. 6* Champs are releasing in a few days and you have experienced players still putting together credible rosters of 4 & 5* Champs to do LoL runs & finish SQ & EQ content (not to mention Alliance Quest/War). NO ONE (not even me who just started playing) is using 1* and 2* Champs! WHY ARE THEY STILL INCLUDED IN FEATURED & PREMIUM CRYSTALS?!?!?!?! Why must players rosters be bogged down with a bunch of Champs they aren't even playing with anymore? All of the experienced players who grind arena use their 3, 4, & 5* Champs!

The top of 2018 would've been a great time to break away from Star designations and say going forward EVERYONES Champs start at the same PI and you must work to rank them up and increase their level if you want champs to have higher Crit damage and higher HP. Instead of 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 blah blah blah star Champs just increase the rank & level number when a player has earned the amount of Catalysts needed to rank up their Champ. This makes EVERYONES Champ essentially the same and the only difference is Rank/Level number based on the amount of work a player put in to rank that Champ up. End Max Level and just keep Max Sig for their awakened ability. Then every 2 levels that a player ranks up their Champ they can acquire a new ability/power/weapon, BUT ONLY 3 ABILITIES/POWERS/WEAPONS CAN BE ACTIVE AT ANY GIVEN TIME. This makes introducing new characters with higher Crit damage/higher HP (or even old characters with new abilities) much, much, much more manageable than just being lazy and saying "Guess what guys 15* Champs are coming Jan 31st, 2025!". Also, players who spend Shards/Units on Featured crystals won't feel shafted when they're hoping to land a 3*/4* Blade and get a 2* Ronan dumped into their roster (BEEN SEEING HELLA STORIES/TWEETS FROM PPL GETTING SHAFTED JUST LIKE THIS FROM THE DAYWALKER CRYSTAL).

COME ON KABAM LET'S MAKE PLAYING MCoC FUN AND DO AWAY WITH STAR DESIGNATIONS!!! #KillMCoCStarDesignation

Comments

• MarzGroove wrote: »
    Nope

So you're cool with having the same Champ over and over and over and over again in your roster with just diff Star sigs? BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHH and lame and a waste of proper asset management.

• GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    That's what becoming uncollected is for...
  • wSWeaponX wrote: »
    ... You just started playing and think the whole game needs to be changed to your liking? OK.

No I'm saying increasing Star Designation isn't going to work for Kabam/Marvel long term. First, endlessly duping the same Champs in your roster is stupid. You have a 2* Blade and a 3* Blade and a 4* Blade and a 5* Blade and eventually you'll have a 6* Blade and that 2*/3* Blade is just taking up space cause you're not using those at all. That's poor asset management.

Second, what happens when we reach 10* Designation Champs because all of the 6, 7, 8 & 9* Champs have run their course and players want Champs with even MORE Crit damage and HIGHER HP?!?!?! The easier way to go long term for a game dev is to just do away with Star Designation all together and instead let players continually increase the Rank/Level of their Champs. And you do that by just increasing the number & types of Catalysts needed to rank a Champ higher.

• Grimmbear wrote: »
    That's what becoming uncollected is for...

Becoming Uncollected doesn't solve the eventual issue that Kabam will have with higher and higher Star designations for Champs.
  • Star ratings are the whole point to this game. As you progress you will build up more powerful champs. What is exciting about not having the chance to get a 4 or 5* from a lucky spin? Or working your butt of to have all that work pay off when you spin that 5*ceystal. This is a HORRIBLE idea and I doubt a single player would agree with what you have proposed. If kabam did this, 95% of the current player base would quit the game almost immediatly. Maybe more. I think perhaps Future Fight is more suited to your liking. Some people just aren't capable of the skill and hard work that MCOC requires.

I have no issue with the work involved or the skill needed to play the game. Not once did I say the game was "too hard" or "too difficult". I like the difficulty level of the game as it stands. All I'm saying is that Star Designations won't be a viable strategy for Kabam long term with future Champion releases.

Also, what's HORRIBLE? Busting your ass in Arena, AQ & AW to stack up Shards for a Featured Champion crystal that "guarantees a 2-star Champion with an INCREASED CHANCE for a 3-star or 4-star Champion." BOOOOOOOO! Get that weak **** outta here!

• Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    To late to introduce this kind of system, how do you compensate a player that's spent 3 years under the current system ranking and levelling 1-5* champs?
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    Markjv81 wrote: »
    To late to introduce this kind of system, how do you compensate a player that's spent 3 years under the current system ranking and levelling 1-5* champs?

This is also what I was kinda getting at. I, and many other players will straight up quit if our years of hard work and cash spent means nothing, in order to appease a new audience who decides they don't like the style of the game that we like and have invested so much because we like it just fine.
  • Markjv81 wrote: »

Normalize under the current 4* standard for PI, Health and Damage Level/Output. Players with 1*, 2* & 3* Champs should be able to sell them and receive Gold, Units, ISO and Awakening/Signature stones equal to the Rank/Level of that Champ. They can then use what they receive for selling on their current stabilized roster. Any future Champs added to the game going forward has the PI, Health and Damage of a 4* Champ R1/L1. All players going forward start at the exact same level and just work to rank up their Champs based on the type and amount of Catalysts for a particular Rank. If taking a Champ to R5/L65 requires 2 T4 Basic, 2 T4 Class and 2 T2 Alphas then that's what you need (plus however much Gold is needed Obv). If taking a Champ to R25/L10 requires quadruple that, then that is what is needed.

Basically you don't need to keep adding on more Star Designations. Just do away with Max Level and let players be able to endlessly Rank their Champs. Easy Peesy.

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    It's an interesting idea but you are basically saying blow up the game and do this now. It's not going to happen.
  • Markjv81 wrote: »

This is also what I was kinda getting at. I, and many other players will straight up quit if our years of hard work and cash spent means nothing, in order to appease a new audience who decides they don't like the style of the game that we like and have invested so much because we like it just fine.

Your years invested don't equate to Zero. A player who spent a year ranking their 3* Gwenpool to Max Level should be compensated with the equal amount of Gold, Units, ISO and Awakening/Signature stones. If you have 50 Max Level 2* Champs that you're not using ANYWHERE in-game any more, Kabam has already made them worthless by introducing higher Star Designations for THE EXACT SAME CHAMPS. Soon all of your 3* Champs that you worked so hard to rank up will be worthless once 6* Champs become more accessible to all players. THIS IS STUPID AND IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE THIS WAY.
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    Are you attempting to make this work like SWGOH? This game has lasted 3 years doing this, and isn't changing anytime soon, and I'm fairly certain this formula grosses more than other mobile games with the format you propose. Gmcs and fgmcs are literally made to eliminate the use of 2* for advanced players..
  • It's an interesting idea but you are basically saying blow up the game and do this now. It's not going to happen.

Obv not "NOW". An idea like that would take time to rollout. You announce it and set a date like a year down the line. On that date, Max Level ends, Star Designations end and players will be able to endlessly Rank their champs going forward AS LONG AS THEY HAVE THE CATALYSTS REQUIRED FOR A PARTICULAR RANK. Players STILL have to work and grind to get the Catalysts needed for ranking just as we do right now.

Also on that date, players can sell their 1*, 2* & 3* Champs and get Gold, Units, ISO and Awakening/Signature stones equal to the Rank/Level of that Champ. Duplicated 4* & 5* Champs should be merged into one Champ with Double or Quadruple boost to that Champs PI, Health and Damage.
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    While your intention comes from a really good place, you are talking about changing the entire game system as it is. November 2017 which means you've been playing less than 3 months. Your frustration is typical for newcomers who are gung ho on reaching end game content ASAP.

This game is not for those who are short on endurance for the long term, unfortunately. This is a game for those who "love" the very things you mentioned no matter how painful it is to grind and get **** from crystals you've saved for for months. I finished Act 4 a year into the game and becoming Uncollected a few months later. I'm not a Veteran myself -- making 15 months now -- but I feel your pain because I was there before.

The Star Progression you are seeking to be removed is the heart and core of MCOC gameplay design. Stripping that off would require a massive rework from both software and design perspective. I sense you are an RPG player to the tune of Dungeons and Dragons type of game progress? While MCOC is sort of like an RPG style fighting game, it does not have the same mechanics as a real paper and pen type of RPG game.

If I were to sum up what type of game MCOC is it is a game that harnesses a lot of gambling psychology and fusing that into a highly addictive system that has worked to make this game one of the most loved (and hated at the same time) game of all time.

You need to do the grind and feel the pain like everyone else. This is what has made MCOC a major major success.

And your idea doesn't consider what about the players who have built their rosters from the very beginning , Dec. 2014 to be exact. Try telling that to the top 100 players in the world and I think you'll hit a wall taller than the Wall in Game of Thrones.
  • Grimmbear wrote: »
    Are you attempting to make this work like SWGOH? This game has lasted 3 years doing this, and isn't changing anytime soon, and I'm fairly certain this formula grosses more than other mobile games with the format you propose. Gmcs and fgmcs are literally made to eliminate the use of 2* for advanced players..

The game would still make $$$ because you still need to buy Units for Quest Energy, Potions, Revives & all the other stuff people buy in the Store. **** I spent money on the Awakening Bundle for Blade from the Login Crystal! Kabam wouldn't lose money at all.

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018
    It's also a collecting game. My 3* SL beat ROL Wolverine 1511-0 lol. Not selling him
  • raffster wrote: »
    While your intention comes from a really good place, you are talking about changing the entire game system as it is. November 2017 which means you've been playing less than 3 months. Your frustration is typical for newcomers who are gung ho on reaching end game content ASAP.

(...)

On the contrary, I'm not frustrated at all. I love everything about MCoC as it stands (including the difficulty level) except the Star Designation. I just feel long term it's an untenable system that's going to come crashing down eventually.

I play this game every day. I know it takes time to rank up your Champs, I know it takes time to acquire the roster you need to complete certain sections of the game. I LITERALLY just finished Act 3 a day ago. I only have 5 4* Champs, none of em Awakened, AND I KNOW I'M STILL NOT READY FOR A LoL RUN. And I'm cool with that. The only place I'm stuck at is Alliance activity cause we don't have enough active players to 100% maps. That too will come in time though.

The game it self is fine. I love it and have pretty much stopped playing all the other stuff I had on my iPhone. I JUST THINK THE STAR SYSTEM WON'T WORK DOWN THE LINE WHEN IT'S 3 YEARS FROM NOW AND THEY'RE RELEASING 15-STAR CHAMPS! 😂

• It's also a collecting game. My 3* SL beat ROL Wolverine 1511-0 lol. Not selling him

Ok you got me on that one. 😂😂😂

• GriffoplayGriffoplay Posts: 265
    The idea i sinteresting but it will give us a complete different game. You have to take into consideration why ppl keep playing the game. If I have all the 4* Pg that I'm interested, I just need to rank them up. Players with 4/5 top character will be no more interested in cristal aquisition but only about materials.
    another aspect is that 2*, 3*, 4* and so on are not totaly unecessary enymore. They give some shards by dupping them
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Rank up stars? This is not MFF I bet you have dreams of just pulling a 1 star and thinking yes someday you will become a 6 star. Well it does not work like that ok back to reality if you are going to keep coming up with ideas that makes the entire game look like a childish contest then I think you need just simply just don't.

The reason why no one has suggested this idea is because they know how ridiculous it is.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    What would happen to an account with only 1 4* and the rest 3*, 2* and 1*? You’re saying that they would get rid of all their champs except one?
  • Neroa65Neroa65 Posts: 302 ★★
    Yeah this idea ain't happening. Ever. Not in the future not anytime soon either. Just so it's out there, I think 6* were released a little bit too early. They should've let 5* bloom a little longer but no harm done. I'm not against the "star designation system". It is the core of the game. I've been playing for 2 years now. When I started, 3* champs were still beastly if you will. 4* was super rare. If you had a 5*, you're a god. I like that progression style.. Now once you beat the Collector, you get to drop 2* and vice versa.

Not everyone agrees with what you're saying. Heck majority don't. I most certainly do not agree because for one, I enjoy collecting 2* and 3* champs as a form of trophy.

You don't play the game for 3 months and expect it to roll the way you want. If you expect your 1* to become 2* and your 2* to become 3* and vice versa. It ain't happening. Each tier/rarity has it's crystals and at a certain level, the amount of higher tier crystals you get keeps increasing. That's how it works.

You mentioned waste of space. Is it really a waste of space if your account can accommodate them all? As far as I can tell, the amount of champs your roster can hold across different tiers is limitless. People's rosters aren't "bogged down". More champs improves your rating so it's a win by some. You have the option to sell your 4* - 1* champs but of course that itself is not a very good idea.

What I'd say, if you enjoy the game, keep playing. If you expect this type of change, then quit the game. Besides Kabam once pulled a major change in the game once. It didn't go well.. AT ALL
  • Honestly i like if we rank up their star instead of hoping we get a 4 or 5* only to get 3*.
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    gypsyfrank wrote: »
    NO ONE (not even me who just started playing) is using 1* and 2* Champs! WHY ARE THEY STILL INCLUDED IN FEATURED & PREMIUM CRYSTALS?!?!?!?! Why must players rosters be bogged down with a bunch of Champs they aren't even playing with anymore? All of the experienced players who grind arena use their 3, 4, & 5* Champs!
    That's not true, many people - including me - grind all 4 arenas, even though they have huge rosters, simply for fun. What I like in this game is difficulty level to aquire stuff, takes lot of time and effort to get high and I would hate to see it turn into arcade for casuals that you suggest.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    There is nothing wrong with having multiple iterations of the same champ. It is actually beneficial. You can use your 5* for AW, your 4* for AQ, and do done event quests with your 3" which helps you to play that champ better. This system is fine, no need to reinvent the wheel.