**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Version 17.0 Discussion Thread

Summoners!

Marvel Contest of Champions version 17.0 is coming soon! Find out everything you need to know about this new Version in our Release Notes!

Comments

• Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 288 ★★★
    The new war rewards and arena are super exciting news, but not at ALL specific enough for me. Please explain.
  • Deacon03Deacon03 Posts: 235 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike no extra information about new Arena ???
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    “Fixed an issue where multi-hit attacks were triggering multiple callouts in fights against M.O.D.O.K.”
    Could you explain this please? What exactly does it mean
  • superunknown012superunknown012 Posts: 413 ★★
    Copying what I posted in another thread regarding the "new arena." Don't think it's what you guys think it is:

---

Assuming it's just another background (ie SHIELD Helicarrier, Oscorp Labs, etc.) and not like a new form of arena. If that's the case then it's a poorly worded job because I was thrown off at first too until I thought about it for a second.
  • NeowantsyouNeowantsyou Posts: 198 ★★
    By new arena, they mean a new arena to fight in. Not an actual champion arena.
  • UbersoulUbersoul Posts: 53
    The arena is just one of the areas you fight in the game not an actual new 5* arena which we've only been waiting for like a year now. But then how will the game be pay to win like kabam wants?
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    For thsose asking bout the new arena... they mean fighting stage... backdrop..... background....
    Not pvp arena combat mode....
  • A new background basically not a new actual arena
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    For thsose asking bout the new arena... they mean fighting stage... backdrop..... background....
    Not pvp arena combat mode....

I suspect that you are correct.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Anonymous wrote: »
    “Fixed an issue where multi-hit attacks were triggering multiple callouts in fights against M.O.D.O.K.”
    Could you explain this please? What exactly does it mean

“Idiot” “simpleton”
    Apparently they decided to not let modok insult you as much instead of fixing his auto block parrying in mid combos.

Ahh ok thanks. Clearly they fixed the “main issue” with modok. The “important one”. Glad they fixed that rather than his bs auto block.
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    Once again, a lot of new content and not a lot of fixes for the long standing bugs. We really need help here.
  • Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 288 ★★★
    The new war rewards and arena are super exciting news, but not at ALL specific enough for me. Please explain.

Found the separate war seasons announcement/discussion. And I guess this new arena makes sense to just be a new background. So never mind me.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Just to be clear, defensive synergies are not being fixed in the 17.0 update? I know that had been mentioned as a goal, but I guess it will still be down the road?
  • SempaidavidSempaidavid Posts: 114
    I would also like to know this.
    Hulk_77 wrote: »
    Just to be clear, defensive synergies are not being fixed in the 17.0 update? I know that had been mentioned as a goal, but I guess it will still be down the road?
  • Copying what I posted in another thread regarding the "new arena." Don't think it's what you guys think it is:

---

Assuming it's just another background (ie SHIELD Helicarrier, Oscorp Labs, etc.) and not like a new form of arena. If that's the case then it's a poorly worded job because I was thrown off at first too until I thought about it for a second.

This is correct, and you're right that it can probably be worded better. We'll work on that!
  • UbersoulUbersoul Posts: 53
    edited January 2018
    Copying what I posted in another thread regarding the "new arena." Don't think it's what you guys think it is:

---

This is correct, and you're right that it can probably be worded better. We'll work on that!

So when is a NEW ACTUAL ARENA going to be input into the game? Or are you guys only going to let us get 5* champs by spending HUNDREDS OF $$$$. “Free to play alright” lmao
    @Kabam Miike
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    it says we can play the rise of the black panther quest today. when will it be released?
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Qwerty wrote: »
    it says we can play the rise of the black panther quest today. when will it be released?

When patch 17.0 is release. Jan 31st.
  • BassanioBassanio Posts: 162

Do you know the Chinese new year holiday is begin from Feb 15th and the holiday will last at least 7 days. It's the most important holiday to gather with families, so most Chinese won't be able to play Alliance War. In the meantime, all Chinese alliances will lost lots of points for sure. The new alliance war season calendar is sucks for every Chinese player.

Do you expect Chinese to spend money to buy red envelops as gift for alliance members and friends during new year holiday? I don't think so.