**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gold gold gold gold gold!!!!

Comments

• MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★
    Gogeta wrote: »
    halls of fortune once a week would do fine at least.

Once a week on Sunday. Maybe do like a Modok, type. You can choose one. Gold/potions/t1alpha frags
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    I don't do arena and I have 6.2m currently after taking up a 5* to r4 and some 2-3 4*s to r5. I normally hover around 7m gold
    But I guess I have so much gold because I'm saving all 5* shards and don't take most new 4*s past r1
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    AxeCopFire wrote: »
    I don't spend either and I've had over 4 million for more than a year.

If you don't have enough gold, it means you don't play arena. That's all there is to it

So you don't rank up any champs then if you don't spend ?

Why would someone need to spend to rank up champions?
  • DJSergyDJSergy Posts: 170 ★★
    Batman05 wrote: »
    LoPresti wrote: »
    To everyone that has a few million gold and is saying gold is easy to come by. This does not concern you, this is about people actually ranking champions.

I play A LOT of arena and I had well over 7 million gold, but after ranking a few champions I'm now completely out of gold (A lot of 4 stars from r4->r5, some 5 stars to r3, 1 5 star from r4->r5 costing me 1.5 mil gold). Heck, my 6 star is stuck on level 16 cause I ran out of gold. It's insane how much a 6 star needs, ~500k gold just for a measly 25 levels.

Gold is a real issue.

That's not true, I rank up champs and still have 35 million in gold. I just donated 1 million to my alliance bc I don't need it. Gold is the easiest most available resource in the game.

Gold is supposed to be one of the easiest resources on the game but for a lot of players it is not. Can you tell me what is your method to have soooo much gold? Im curious.

I’m guessing either grinding hours and hours and hours (arena arena arena 😂) or spending a lot on grandmaster crystals and selling iso. Those are the only two ways of getting reasonable ammounts of gold to end up with surplus
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    I dont get champs worth ranking up often so I have plenty of gold. You don't need to rank 3* or 4* anymore and unless you get insane resources on a weekly basis it takes awhile to save up to rank 5*.
  • JeepettiJeepetti Posts: 79
    I envy the guys that can sit.... in their parent's basement..... grinding for hours in the arena..... never to leave.... telling us how plentiful gold is.

The truth is that the gold rewards that are available, OUTSIDE of spending hours in the arena, has not grown with the ever increasing demand/use for it as the game progresses and summoners progress. It's time for Kabam to revamp the gold rewards to match the difficulty and progress of today's game.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Jeepetti wrote: »
    I envy the guys that can sit.... in their parent's basement..... grinding for hours in the arena..... never to leave.... telling us how plentiful gold is.

The truth is that the gold rewards that are available, OUTSIDE of spending hours in the arena, has not grown with the ever increasing demand/use for it as the game progresses and summoners progress. It's time for Kabam to revamp the gold rewards to match the difficulty and progress of today's game.

Agreed, I guess my 55k arena fights within 6 months does not constitute "grinding arena enough". I knew I should have quit my job to grind arena more and move into my parents basement. How irresponsible of me to have run out of gold when the solution was obvious this whole time.
  • Goken2345Goken2345 Posts: 621 ★★
    I need goooooooooold!
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    This argument just goes back and forth. The have and have nots, depending on where you are in the game and your need to rank champs or not.

Bottom line is, and a fact which cannot be argued against by even the most ‘helpful’ of posters is that with the advent of 6 star champs and thus 5 star shards becoming more available and further to that 4 star champs becoming in many ways the new 3 star champs (albeit not immediately) more and more folk are ranking 5 star champs.

This is a direct result of the direction Kabam have taken the game in with their decision to release 6 star champions. To not increase gold availability, or not make it cheaper or easier to obtain, or to even improve the gold crystals for those willing to spend just does not make sense.

Run a 48hr gold event and make the energy cost 4 per tile if you want - at least give folk the choice what to go for.

The same thing is apparent with T1A’s also at this point in time.

The game has changed/is changing, so the resource availability needs to change with it. It may be that the game is in a bit of flux while Kabam work out how to take it forward, but a comment from a mod that they are aware that resources could do with a slight rebalancing would be nice.

As a caveat for the arena brigade, and in the interests of disclosure to give my post some context, I currently hit all milestones on all arenas every time and have done so for just over a year. I also have a 6 star champ and a bunch of 4/55 5 stars and a 370k rating.
  • This argument just goes back and forth. The have and have nots, depending on where you are in the game and your need to rank champs or not.

It is not as simple as dividing the game into the haves and have nots. I have a ton of gold. But I could always claim that it is the players low on gold who are the haves and I'm the have not. They have all these great champions to rank up and all the T4CC and T2A to rank them up, and I don't. So it is not that the game lacks gold, it is that it needs to give players like me more 5* shards and rank up resources.

If I were to make that request and the game devs acted upon it, that would make the situation even worse for players at the gold bottleneck. But making gold more available does exactly zilch for me, while allowing players who already have huge abundances of champions and other rank up materials to pull away from players like me in roster strength. And in terms of total quantity, I would bet there are way more players like me than there are at the gold bottleneck.

There's going to be a bottleneck somewhere, and for every player it can be in a different place. But in a real sense, every bottleneck implies a surplus somewhere else, and vice versa. That's why they can't really be trivially removed, or even really relaxed more than a small amount. The game has changed, for some players, but it hasn't changed in a way that created a new bottleneck. It moved existing bottlenecks elsewhere. The bottleneck used to be T4CC, or even 5* champions to rank up in the first place. Those bottlenecks were *moved* to gold when they were relaxed, for the top X% of players.

• Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    I have 37 5/50 four stars the rest are 4/40 3/30
    2 5 stars rank 4, 11 more rank 3, 15 more that's a mix of rank 1-2
    Every three star two star and one is maxed. You can still rank you champs and have a lot of gold
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    I'm in a similar situation. I want battle chips but also don't want to play arena. Kabam should just give them out for free.
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    Gogeta wrote: »
    halls of fortune once a week would do fine at least.

Yes that would be great.
  • imnooneimnoone Posts: 316 ★★

ARENAS ARENAS ARENAS ARENAS ARENAS!!!!
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    This argument just goes back and forth. The have and have nots, depending on where you are in the game and your need to rank champs or not.

It is not as simple as dividing the game into the haves and have nots. I have a ton of gold. But I could always claim that it is the players low on gold who are the haves and I'm the have not. They have all these great champions to rank up and all the T4CC and T2A to rank them up, and I don't. So it is not that the game lacks gold, it is that it needs to give players like me more 5* shards and rank up resources.

If I were to make that request and the game devs acted upon it, that would make the situation even worse for players at the gold bottleneck. But making gold more available does exactly zilch for me, while allowing players who already have huge abundances of champions and other rank up materials to pull away from players like me in roster strength. And in terms of total quantity, I would bet there are way more players like me than there are at the gold bottleneck.

There's going to be a bottleneck somewhere, and for every player it can be in a different place. But in a real sense, every bottleneck implies a surplus somewhere else, and vice versa. That's why they can't really be trivially removed, or even really relaxed more than a small amount. The game has changed, for some players, but it hasn't changed in a way that created a new bottleneck. It moved existing bottlenecks elsewhere. The bottleneck used to be T4CC, or even 5* champions to rank up in the first place. Those bottlenecks were *moved* to gold when they were relaxed, for the top X% of players.

I understand your point but in my opinion gold should not be a bottleneck for progression for end game players that have been playing for 2+ years like me and most of my alliance. End game upgrade items like t2a and t5b should be bottleneck for most end game players. This is what most of us should strive for.

Instead we find it is t1a t4b and now more recently gold is where most end game players struggle to progress. It would be nice if we get a statement from a mod that gold rewards are working as intended that it goes along with the recent increase in 5* shards and now introduction of 6*. To me it doesn’t make sense so a statement from kabam explaining what they see with the gold situation would be nice.
  • DJSergy wrote: »

I understand your point but in my opinion gold should not be a bottleneck for progression for end game players that have been playing for 2+ years like me and most of my alliance.

I can appreciate that, but that's a subjective opinion, and one the game devs don't share. And to be honest, I doubt it is one most game devs would share. You know what problem most MMO developers eventually have to face in the end game? Currency sinks. Its probably the number one problem across all MMO-like games. Most game devs would give their right monitor to have the gold "problem" Kabam currently has.
  • Dave2442Dave2442 Posts: 109
    Just play the game it’s that easy.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    Summary of this thread so far:

Entitled Whiners: "I want more gold."

Players with lots of gold: "Gold is freely available from the arena. Play arena more."

Entitled Whiners: "No what I meant was, I want Kabam to just give me more gold for nothing."
    AxeCopFire wrote: »
    Summary of this thread so far:

Entitled Whiners: "I want more gold."

Players with lots of gold: "Gold is freely available from the arena. Play arena more."

Entitled Whiners: "No what I meant was, I want Kabam to just give me more gold for nothing."

More like people with a job/life: "gold is disproportionately available"

People stuck in mom's basement: "hurr durr durr I put up 20mill every featured arena and have tons of gold"

Unless you can explain why 55k arena wins within 6 months does not constitute grinding arenas.

Assuming average 1min per fight (loading times, draging champs onto the team, going through screens)
    Thats 55k minutes
    ~917 hours
    ~38 hours/week in arenas

So I should be putting in 12hr days?

I hope you realise how ignorant you sound when you see these statistics. Sure I might be a minority that grinds arena, while not having gold... But there are the stats.

I currently only have 1 4/55, sitting on 9 t2a, various basics and t1a, tons of t4cc. Cannot get the second 4/55 strictly because of gold.
    I have been selling iso for gold for the passed few weeks.
  • Unless you can explain why 55k arena wins within 6 months does not constitute grinding arenas.

Assuming average 1min per fight (loading times, draging champs onto the team, going through screens)
    Thats 55k minutes
    ~917 hours
    ~38 hours/week in arenas

I don't understand those numbers at all, actually. 55k fights is about 18,300 arena rounds. In 26 weeks that is an average of about 704 rounds a week, or if they were mostly put into the two different champion events that's 352 rounds per three day event. That's enough to completely max out all the milestones. I don't do that every single week but that's my general goal and it produces a metric ton of rewards. Brian Grant did the math a while ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS6t8eztxmk#t=3m20s

It is a significant amount of gold straight up, but it is also a ton of gold implicitly from battle chips and I don't think many people have 90k donation levels of BC. There's also a ton of dups from shards that generate ISO that can be sold for gold. If you don't focus on milestones across all arena events and just focus on, say, the featured arena then just from victories you're looking at over 6 million battlechips from 18.3k arena rounds. That's also a significant amount of gold. I could understand if the resources went into ranking up a ton of 5* champions, but to be stuck unable to rank up a 4/55 because of gold is difficult to reconcile with that level of activity.
    Unless you can explain why 55k arena wins within 6 months does not constitute grinding arenas.

Thats 55k minutes
    ~917 hours
    ~38 hours/week in arenas

I don't understand those numbers at all, actually. 55k fights is about 18,300 arena rounds. In 26 weeks that is an average of about 704 rounds a week, or if they were mostly put into the two different champion events that's 352 rounds per three day event. That's enough to completely max out all the milestones. I don't do that every single week but that's my general goal and it produces a metric ton of rewards. Brian Grant did the math a while ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS6t8eztxmk#t=3m20s

It is a significant amount of gold straight up, but it is also a ton of gold implicitly from battle chips and I don't think many people have 90k donation levels of BC. There's also a ton of dups from shards that generate ISO that can be sold for gold. If you don't focus on milestones across all arena events and just focus on, say, the featured arena then just from victories you're looking at over 6 million battlechips from 18.3k arena rounds. That's also a significant amount of gold. I could understand if the resources went into ranking up a ton of 5* champions, but to be stuck unable to rank up a 4/55 because of gold is difficult to reconcile with that level of activity.

That's right my friend understand that.
    In an average week I will hit all milestones in:
    2* arena
    3* feature
    4* basic
    At the least 1/2 the milestones in 4* featured (severely hindered here due to gold demand)

This does NOT count grinding well over 5mill in the 4* basic for champs such as: hyperion, iceman x2, AA x2, dormammu x2, gwenpool, etc.
    I will admit I have not gone for a featured.

Maybe I am extrememly unlucky with uncollected crystals?
    Maybe 330k+ rating in roughly 6months is too quickly to progress (I am leveling too many champs?) --- this is actually contradictory since I level champs to completely arena milestones and achieve higher scores.
    My alliance does run map4/5 and I did notice significant banked gold changes (we ran map3 for roughly the first 3 months of my gameplay)---- so let's just say 3 months worth of running map4/5

But yes let that sink in someone with my arena activity does not have enough gold.

Trust me I am not embarrased to admit I used to have thoughts of "wow I have so much gold how do people ever run out". Until then it happens.

What I did not participate in is the gold realm.

Lookup my account, the numbers are there and the calculations (though rough) are pretty accurate.

After I realised how much I grind arenas a week I am sitting here scratching my head as well trying to reconcile what I can do differently other than litterally not rank a single champ for a month and just bank gold. It is so difficult to fathom until it happens to you.

Again I understand I might be a rare case, but it was in response to the ignorance of some people believing the ones that express their concerns about not enough gold have no validity and just whining. I was simply painting a picture of where the concern was coming from.

edited February 2018
    I openly admit I used to be one of the people saying "grind arenas" to friends/alliance members complaining about gold and being completely puzzled how they would never have any. Well I guess the tables have turned and if someone with my activity has a shortage, then gold rewards may simply just be disproportionate.

Edit: Hey I love the guy and his content but is BG really suited to be one to comment about gold? Although f2p (like myself) he has grinded/does grind numerous amounts of featureds, definately did the gold realm and plays what seems like 24/7. Therefore I do not even see how this would ever apply to him as his gameplay is not realistic unless CoC is your life.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    How about a gold event or 5 to make up for all the times the game has been unplayable or under emergency maintenance like it was yesterday for 2 hours...
    juST4fUN wrote: »

LOL actually the same situation why try hard to get rank up items only to let them sit in the stash and expire??? 😂 a lot of us within the community have this problem. The effort/gold rewards ratio in arena is just not there for a lot of us for various reasons (busy life, boring game mode, not challenging, etc etc)

I really want to do LoL easy path run (finally got a suitable 5* for it) but really don’t want to spend units on it because the t2a and t4cc I will get from it, I won’t be able to use because of GOLD.
  • ChadhoganChadhogan Posts: 456 ★★★
    I don't have a gold problem to speak of but I have thousands of iso in my stash and instead of it expiring I sell it the gold isn't life changing but it's trickling in at a decent rate ?
  • Slux83Slux83 Posts: 357 ★★
    I agree, I had 5 mil one month ago and I ranked up 5* and 6* and now I'm at 800k :(
    EQ should give way more gold, like 5k for a boss kill and not 400!