**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Scheduled maintenance on rotation

Hi,

Why not start the scheduled maintenance an hour later or sooner every week so it will not always affect the same players?

Every week I (and roughly 2/3 of the players) are set back at least 2 hours because maintenance is always at the same time.
You change the game constantly to make it more fair, yet here I am again, losing hours of game time while other NEVER face this "problem".

I think I am not making a strange suggestion and seeing as this afflicts just about 2/3 of all players (since about 1/3 will be asleep during maintenance) it should actually have been the standard from day 1.

Hoping this will be read and replied to,

JustusCastrum

Comments

• KingyakoopaKingyakoopa Posts: 203
    The real issue is they should do maintenance on Sundays. So it doesn't effect arenas...
  • FthewiggFthewigg Posts: 104
    The real issue is they should do maintenance on Sundays. So it doesn't effect arenas...

Says someone who apparently doesn't do cc
  • JustusCastrumJustusCastrum Posts: 149
    And as expected, no reply from Kabam...
  • Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    edited December 2017
    And as expected, no reply from Kabam...

Maybe, just maybe, they do the maintenance when the people who do it are actually in work? Thought of that? Maybe they do 9-5 their local time, because they are actually in the office to do the work then? They dont want to come in on a Sunday night at midnight, then 3 weeks later 4am on a Wednesday etc, because its better for you! ffs, its really simple to understand why they do it when they do it. Your stupid idea means they would be working different hours and days every week of their lives!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    The most common day for many games for Maintenance is Tuesday. It has more to do with scheduling than anything. It's pretty much impossible to accomodate to the lives of Players from across the globe.
  • ZaosaflerZaosafler Posts: 65
    It is best to have a set maintenance window, and follow it for many reasons. One of which is that users will know when to expect an outage.

It is an industry standard for servers, and while many companies will do it on a weekend, I suspect Kabam found Tuesday night was its lowest night for user impact when they first set up thier block time window.
    And, like every week, I'm losing arena time.

How is this fair!?

And the saddest thing is... when they weren't doing weekly maintenance, the game ran much, much better.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★

How is this fair!?

And the saddest thing is... when they weren't doing weekly maintenance, the game ran much, much better.

so because you are inconvenienced, you'd rather Kabam cater to your needs and screw with someone else's schedule? Maintenance affects everyone in a different manner. If you aren't playing area, no one is. Not losing out on anything.
    No, because roughly 1/3 of the players base will be sleeping during maintenance. So it does affect the player base differently. Unless you are a superhuman that doesn't require sleep... in that case, lucky you!
  • Dezz_1Dezz_1 Posts: 118
    Sunday would be a good day for it.
  • I agree.
    Just do the maintenance during the 2 **** arenas that give 2*'s. Everybody wins.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

How is this fair!?

so because you are inconvenienced, you'd rather Kabam cater to your needs and screw with someone else's schedule? Maintenance affects everyone in a different manner. If you aren't playing area, no one is. Not losing out on anything.

No need to be rude.....
    Besides your opinion is narrow minded and wrong....
    Yes noone is doing arena during maintenance period cus the game is down.....
    But i lose 2 hours of my playing time every week as it happens at 2pm for me....
    Someone else loses no time ever as they are always asleep during maintance....
    Therefore whilst i lose 2 hours of my arena grind they do not. Meaning i am at a disadvantage timewise....
    Quite simple really....
    It would not even have to rotate across an entire 24 hour period....
    Just some kind of mixup to the scheduling so that the impact to players is balanced over the duration of 1 month.