**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

RANKING A 6*R2 OR 5*R5?

Probably this is the million dollar question atm. Who will you guys favor? Will u go for the 6* or the 5*? Why?

Honestly, I feel like it's way better to go for the long run and get those 6*r2 and later (dunno when) go for r3. Both prestige and stats would be insane.

THE MAESTRO

Comments

• AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    Unless the 6* is Angela, stick with the 5*. Even then there's a plethora of 5* champs I'd rank before the 6* (who will take forever to dupe and have a high sig, therefore **** prestige)
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    6 stars do go farther than 5 stars.
  • Scare_Reaper2Scare_Reaper2 Posts: 287
    id R2 a 6 star they are much stronger
    but the drawback is they require more gold for ranking
    5 stars are cheaper with gold costs
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    id R2 a 6 star they are much stronger
    but the drawback is they require more gold for ranking
    5 stars are cheaper with gold costs

I wouldnt say much stronger. r2 6* is comparable to r5 5*. and there are certain 5* that arent available as 6* that are much better
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Lol idk I haven’t beaten the Collector yet. Probably 6* because they’re the future but if I don’t have any good ones I’d go with 5*
  • nield04nield04 Posts: 27
    It depends on which champs u have. If we are using the same champ in this case & they are both awakened, go with the 6*
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Have to go with r5 5*... Just like the 4* to 5* relationship when 5*s were first released.

6*s won't be viable for another year or so.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited February 2018
    I'm tempted to r2 my Kingpin for AW Defense because I've got 9 T4 Skill Catalysts and 10 T2AC. He's been wrecking opponents on the unblockable sp2/increased power gain mini-boss node. He also does well in quests, monster damage after he lands 3 consecutive heavy attacks, increased attack and power gain from shrugging off debuffs and opponents evading attacks, and ability accuracy reduction on his sp1.

I'm also waiting on Medusa to use 1 of my 3 five star cosmic awakening gems, so I'll most likely save resources for Medusa.
  • NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    5*. There is not only nobody really work ranking as a 6*, but you will not get their sig very high at all anytime soon. So, there is still far more value right now in ranking a 5*. As the game progresses, more and more materials, as well as sign stones and awakening gems, will become available, and thus make a 6* ranking make more sense.

Even if you had a Duped Green Goblin 6*, sig 20, would you rather have that at r2 or a 5* sig 200 Blade/ Iceman/ etc. at r5? I went with Blade.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    5* 100% of the time. There is literally every single current 6* at r2 is worse than any r5 worthy 5*. My r5 Blade will do more than my 6* Beast will for at least a year and prolly well after that.
  • Danicb94Danicb94 Posts: 97
    edited February 2018
    It's up to you, i would only consider rank 2 an Angela of the current 6*, if u don't have her forget about it, there are a lot of advantages on ranking up a 5*, you can dupe a 5* way easier, and you can max their signature easier, which provides a better utility and more power, there aren't good options at the current 6* pool, as 5* you have all the god tiers available, Blade, Spark, Iceman, Gwenpool, Archangel, Magik, etc, any of them will be better than a r2 6*, u can wait some days to see what the featured 6* crystal offers but at the end of the day u can only take up a 6* to rank 2, which cost more than ranking 5 a 5* and i don't think u'll be able to rank 3 a 6* soon, god tiers won't be easy to dupe either so even if u rank 2 a 6* their prestige won't be high as a 5*, i'll go with 5* for now... :) also keep in mind that 4* are still useful so 5* rank 5 will be useful for a LONG time
  • NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    Think about it when you had to decide between ranking a 4* to r5 vs a 5* to r3. In hind sight, I should have maxxed more of my 4* as I would have gained far more utility out of them, rather than ranking mediocre 5* to r3, who are, to this day, still stuck at r3 since better 5*'s became available.

So, if you r2 that {insert mediocre 6* champ here}, when some juicy 6*'s come out and you wish you had the resources to rank them, you will never regret ranking up a Top Tier 5* that you will probably still use, rather than the ho-hun 6* that will probably never move past r2.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    Bahamut wrote: »
    LoPresti wrote: »
    5 star, cause there is no Godtier 6 star yet.

Friend, if you’re not going to rank up your 6*s until you have god tiers, you’re going to be waiting a LOOOOONG time

Go and use the most rare rank up material in the game right now on a mediocre 6 star then. I will be using my r5 Medusa for all future content lol

You wouldn't rank mediocre 5 stars either right? You would rank Godtier 4 stars instead. So why would it be any different with 6 stars?
  • More like a 5 cents question. No one will ever rank up any 6 star to rank 2 before a god tier 5 star to rank 5
  • I see things quite differently. In my opinion, there are a lot of good six stars to rank r2. My favorites are Angela, GG, Nebula(this one for no reason except I like the design and the character), Rocky, WS (with Killmonger syn) and Storm (if duped).

I've pulled Cable and I think he is worth r2 due to his utility. He is versatile. But, obviously, sometimes I feel like I have a swiss army knife when all I really wanted was a samurai blade.

Allow me to share some thoughts on this "ranking up" matter.

R2 pros

A r2 would never be similar to a 5*r5 regarding raw stats. A r2 will have at least more 6k health and 700 up to 1k higher base damage. This means you can trigger "courage" safely and still have a lot of health remaining.

By the time you will be able to rank your 6*r2 or 5*r5 you would have cleared a lot of content already. Maybe LOL is the only thing left to do.
    You can clear a lot of content with a 5*r4.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d0VyWvDPkk
    For LOL, obviously it's very handy to have a r5 to deal with the timer.
    When Kabam releases new content, we can still do it with a r4.

Ranking up a 6 star probably will make us feel more fit for the "long run". If we rank a 5*r5 we lose all the items. If we change our minds regarding the 6* value, we will need to be patient for a while so we can gather all the resources again just to rank2 them. And this is not to be compared to the 4* vs 5* issue as what it takes to rank a 6* is much more valuable and rare. If we rank the 6* r2, we will be closer to rank3 them in the future.

The adrenaline is nice as it helps you keeping your health stable.

R2 cons

We won't be using them in the arena so frequently.

They aren't as good as the god tier 5* champs.

We don't know when will we dupe them or have the conditions to do so.

The prestige is meeh when compared to the duped 5*r5.

They consume a lot of gold and resources.

Nonetheless, I feel very tempted to rank Cable.
    Thanks for all the feedback so far guys.
    THE MAESTRO
  • Slux83Slux83 Posts: 357 ★★
    5* all the way. Unless you get a demi god or god tier 6* which is not possible yet! Good luck duping a 6* LOL
  • YugYug Posts: 6
    Whom to rank up please help me
    A 6* angela to rank 2 or
    A undupe hyperion 5* to rank 5 or
    Iceman dupe 5* to rank 5
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    NiteAndDae wrote: »
    5*. There is not only nobody really work ranking as a 6*, but you will not get their sig very high at all anytime soon. So, there is still far more value right now in ranking a 5*. As the game progresses, more and more materials, as well as sign stones and awakening gems, will become available, and thus make a 6* ranking make more sense.

Even if you had a Duped Green Goblin 6*, sig 20, would you rather have that at r2 or a 5* sig 200 Blade/ Iceman/ etc. at r5? I went with Blade.

Funny you should say that, I do actually have a duped 6* GG. I've currently got Spark at R5, my next will absolutely be Blade in about 2 months, then ... I'll have options such as Hype to R5 or GG to R2. Hype is the better champ, but a duped, high prestige, not-too-bad 6* champ at R3 later ... I don't know.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    Outside of gladiator hulk and kilmonger I personally wouldn’t R2 any of the current 6*
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Outside of gladiator hulk and kilmonger I personally wouldn’t R2 any of the current 6*

Id add at least angela, rhulk and LC to that list.. Wait void is avail too no?
  • NomarigerolNomarigerol Posts: 159
    Yug wrote: »
    A 6* angela to rank 2 or
    Iceman dupe 5* to rank 5

Angela all the way dude
  • MasterFlintMasterFlint Posts: 97
    Yug wrote: »
    A 6* angela to rank 2 or
    Iceman dupe 5* to rank 5

Angela all the way dude

This is almost the same question I'm facing. Rank 2 my Angela, or rank 5 my duped Hyperion.