**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

War MVP

SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
Can we pleaseeeeee make this mean more???

Get rid of points for free nodes/teleport circles or nodes with no defenders.

But the best idea would be defensive MVP and offensive MVP. Sry o don’t have a r4 void or MODOK. but I solo the hardest mini and the boss everywar. It’s a terrible title currently.

Comments

• Options
    NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    zero7 wrote: »
    CpcBoyboy wrote: »
    MVP means Nothing ! who cares on MVP stats??

your post gave valuable information. i will now stop noticing mvp stats.

But then Defensive MVP should almost always go to the whomever places on the main boss, or mini bosses, as those will often yield the most deaths, as compared to someone who places on the first few nodes. Since this is a team effort, I don't know that defensive MVP is meaningful or useful at all.

Offense is different, you could definitely just use the same mechanic as AQ and just count overall damage. Kabam probably will not care about deaths, as they want more deaths = more revives = more $$$
  • Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Points should still be awarded for free nodes and teleports, as that player is the one present to use his moves in a timely manner. Should obviously be less than fights, but should matter. Joining in the last 30 minutes and finishing a mini boss and main boss does not make an MVP either.
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    It obviously means a lot to you to say something about it. I have 42 war MVPs, and I could care less.
  • Options
    vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    It obviously means a lot to you to say something about it. I have 42 war MVPs, and I could care less.

Agreed means nothing, I have over 60, noone deserves to brag about how they help their alliance/friends. What ever happened to altruism.
  • Options
    dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    I have 32 MVPs. It means nothing.

Also, the MVP ranking rarely corresponds with the mail you get that shows everything ranked by your offensive/defensive kills.

It's just some fluff that doesn't matter.
  • Options
    Glad we all agree that it doesn’t
    Matter and shouldn’t exist in it current state.
  • Options
    Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★
    Some paths are also longer than others and is therefore easier for the person assigned to that path to get an MVP title making it unfair on those who have shorter paths with harder fights, if MVP titles had a reward system
  • Options
    NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    Lmao what do u want a title? Another useless item. I want something for scoring the highest in AQ then. U gotta be kidding me. No mvp should get anything extra whether it’s defensive or offensive. With diversity some people have to place trash champs that will never get any kills so no way this should ever happen. And obviously whoever has the boss will most likely get the most kills. And as for offense your percentage increase with items used so all this could mean is u played terrible. I have 1 question. Are u a millennial and want your trophy?
  • Options
    vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Lmao what do u want a title? Another useless item. I want something for scoring the highest in AQ then. U gotta be kidding me. No mvp should get anything extra whether it’s defensive or offensive. With diversity some people have to place trash champs that will never get any kills so no way this should ever happen. And obviously whoever has the boss will most likely get the most kills. And as for offense your percentage increase with items used so all this could mean is u played terrible. I have 1 question. Are u a millennial and want your trophy?

Sorry to point your post out but am I the only one that finds it disturbingly funny that few mention how YOU SHOULD NOT GET MVP FOR HELPING YOUR ALLIANCE not because of the fact that the mvp system is flawed but the idea that you should not get rewarded for doing something you should be doing HELPING YOUR ALLIANCE IN THE MOST VALUABLE WAY POSSIBLE.

Like seriously is this community completely ignorant to that concept?

I hope you feel this way too @NastyEfnNate because if not then maybe ask yourself if you are the millennial that would accept a trophy for doing what they should be doing.

That is why my beef is more beside the flawed system and more the "WOW PEOPLE WANT TO ACTUALLY GET REWARDED FOR HELPING FRIENDS!!"

I know people think kabam does a lot of sketchy things, but this would not be one of them. Imagine they did properly access war MVP, and gave rewards. That would promote helping the alliance for the wrong reason.

Not being self-righteous, just thinking ALTRUISTICALLY.
  • Options
    Not being self-righteous, just thinking ALTRUISTICALLY.

I don't think you even need to be remotely altruistic to believe that rewards for individual performance in alliance war are a bad idea. That introduces competition into an otherwise cooperative game mode. That is an inherently bad idea to me.
  • Options
    OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    mum_m2 wrote: »

Same i also have 42 and could care less I just want to win

• Options

You couldn’t be more wrong. I wish it didn’t exist st all cuz it makes no sense.

But if it’s going to exist it should make sense. I know who the best player in my alliance is. As do most.