**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Apple Now Requires Game Developers to disclose odds on "Loot Boxes" [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    The thing is though...we pretty much already know and we still keep buying em...we know the drop rates suck and once Kabam releases this info we will simply have it in writing that they suck and people will continue to buy them.
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Rap wrote: »
    The thing is though...we pretty much already know and we still keep buying em...we know the drop rates suck and once Kabam releases this info we will simply have it in writing that they suck and people will continue to buy them.

Yeah maybe some still will but that is no reason not too want transparency and honesty and confirmation that drop rates are not manipulated based on "other factors".
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I don’t see why people care about the odds. Most crystals have been closely determined by the amount of mass openings that have been done. Having a chance at a champ isn’t going to guarantee that champ no matter how many crystals you open. It will probably make no difference on the spending for crystals by the majority of players
  • I've been playing since one and a half year but still got only one 4 star from phc's. How rude it is. We can't tolerate it any longer.
    WE NEED DROP RATES!!!!!
  • ArmandStar wrote: »
    can anyone remind me when was the last time we got an official response again?

Essentially last week when there was a post saying that Kabam intended to comply with Apple's guidelines and were doing so by specifically working to modify the game client to present that information to the player in-game, and that this would take some time to add to the game.

There was also a statement to the effect that there's no reason to assume there will be any regular updates on the status of those efforts until they are done.
  • ArmandStar wrote: »
    one week ago huh. not bad.
    but i must complain about that last part where they essentially refuse to post any kind of update despite the playerbase's constant requesting of updates or similar

Without condoning or condemning, game developers everywhere seem to be extremely reluctant to share any details about their internal development process, up to and even including how long anything takes to do.

I got into a tiny amount of hot water once just for saying that a particular game feature took "about four months" to make. Nothing else, just about how long it took to make. And I wasn't NDAed on that fact either: I didn't break any specific contract requirement, it was just extremely frowned upon. There was less secrecy surrounding the NRC audit I did.
  • Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
    I think the only items that would fall under this are crystals that are in the unit super that require you to pay real money to get.

The crystals you purchase with units don't fall under this rule because you earn units through in game activities. Yes you can purchase units, but purchasing units then purchasing crystals with those units doesn't require the odds to be disclosed.

Only when the "loot box" itself is purchased as an in app purchase through the iTunes store will it require the odds to be disclosed.

That's how I understand it anyway.
  • If, if Kabam reveals the drop rates of every kind of crystal, the rates will be depressingly low that you don't wanna open any but quit the game
  • I thought certain countries are already forcing game companies to do this, like South Korea.
  • you guys are all discussing apple and if mcoc was only apple exclusive then drop rates would need to be public knowledge. But that is not the case as this is cross platform ios and android and google does not have any regulations or terms that state a company needs to disclose drop rates kabam is able to skate in the gray area and only disclose what they want such as a 4% drop rate of a featured champ in a 5* crystal.

This is literally ridiculous. You seem to be saying that Kabam can tell Apple it doesn't have to obey Apple's requirements because Google doesn't have those requirements and they ship on Google as well. Apple's requirements are Apple's requirements. They do not care, nor are they required to honor, Google Play's requirements. You either ultimately play by Apple's rules, or you do not show up in Apple's App store.

I'm genuinely curious to know why you believe Apple is somehow restricted from applying its conditions on an app vendor if Google doesn't agree with it. Apple kicks apps out of the app store all the time that continue to exist perfectly fine on the Google Play store.
  • r3zonater3zonate Posts: 47
    edited February 2018
    I don't understand how anyone here could blame or condone Apple for doing this. Other countries already require games to disclose this information, and I'm sure Apple already provides the information for players in those areas. How is Apple gaining anything from this?

Games use the words "rare" and "chance" loosely, giving us no idea what the actual odds are of obtaining some of the items presented in deals and people can steer clear of certain deals that seem good until you find out the actual odds of getting the better items are 0.0001% instead of 10%

Some people don't have thousands of dollars to spend on a game, and feel cheated after spending only to have wasted their hard earned money getting the same items they would have after collecting them in-game.

I'm glad Apple has decided to enforce this and hope Goggle follows the same business model. The community has already been collecting data, trying to figure out what the drop rates are anyway, so why is it such a big issue?
  • MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★
    r3zonate wrote: »
    I don't understand how anyone here could blame or condone Apple for doing this. Other countries already require games to disclose this information, and I'm sure Apple already provides the information for players in those areas. How is Apple gaining anything from this?

Games use the words "rare" and "chance" loosely, giving us no idea what the actual odds are of obtaining some of the items presented in deals and people can steer clear of certain deals that seem good until you find out the actual odds of getting the better items are 0.0001% instead of 10%

Some people don't have thousands of dollars to spend on a game, and feel cheated after spending only to have wasted their hard earned money getting the same items they would have after collecting them in-game.

I'm glad Apple has decided to enforce this and hope Goggle follows the same business model. The community has already been collecting data, trying to figure out what the drop rates are anyway, so why is it such a big issue?

Would love to see the odds of 4 Star punisher in arena crystal.
    0.0000001%
  • MattScott wrote: »

0.0000001%

My best guess is that is something between one in a thousand and one in two thousand. Or if you like between 0.05% and 0.1%
    Another update and still no drop rates. Too bad :(
  • Another update and still no drop rates. Too bad :(

While I don't think asking for updates continuously is helpful or even fair, I do think it is entirely fair to ask, with every update, if the drop rates are scheduled for the next update. Constant updates isn't reasonable, but Kabam's position of "when we want to tell you we'll tell you" is also not reasonable. There has to be some compromise between those two, because if Kabam isn't willing to meet the players half way, then at some point they can't ask people to be patient under the guise of being fair.

I believe it is fair to assume that if they started in December it could take a full cycle to add those drop rate features into the game client. But that would be approximately March or maybe April. Which would mean they should be in a position to tell us by some time in mid March that it is in the release queue. After that, "these things take time" would cease to mean "these things take a reasonable amount of development time" and start to mean "these things take exorbitantly more time for us than normal developers."
  • VidikamonVidikamon Posts: 5
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    MattScott wrote: »

0.0000001%

My best guess is that is something between one in a thousand and one in two thousand. Or if you like between 0.05% and 0.1%

Well I must be very lucky then. I have been playing for about a year and got 4* punisher twice from less than 100 arena crystals.

Though this wasn't included in 17.1, it's still a very high priority on getting this information out to all of you.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    Another update and still no drop rates. Too bad :(

Though this wasn't included in 17.1, it's still a very high priority on getting this information out to all of you.

Thanks for the update!
  • Vidikamon wrote: »
    MattScott wrote: »

0.0000001%

Well I must be very lucky then. I have been playing for about a year and got 4* punisher twice from less than 100 arena crystals.

That is pretty lucky. The odds of doing that are probably between one in fifty and one in two hundred. Decent lottery odds. The first time I pulled him I think I was just short of a thousand crystals. I've seen cases of people taking far more than that.

Is this likely a 17.x thing, or more likely an 18.x feature?
  • DNA3000 wrote: »

We're very close to having an implementation to display that information! We'll have more on that for you early next week.
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 433 ★★★★

We're very close to having an implementation to display that information! We'll have more on that for you early next week.

In the meantime, why it post them here for all to see?
  • MattMan wrote: »

In the meantime, why it post them here for all to see?

Miike answered this previously in the thread! :)

Hey Guys,

I know that you think that posting them in the Forums is quick and easy, but it is not, and doesn't satisfy what we are trying to do, which is make Drop Rates available in game.

• MU313 wrote: »
    Will this only apply to Ios users or will android players get the same courtesy?

The Drop Rates are going to be available within the game. This applies to both iOS and Android users.
  • DNA3000 wrote: »

Great. Looking forward to what you have planned.

Thanks for the update.