**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is this supposed to be funny?

BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
edited February 2018 in General Discussion
I literally just spent 20 minutes on a fight against DP in Trial of Heart. Now, I’m not going to complain about DP’s Regen or say he needs a nerf or anything, I’m gonna say that the AI is WAY TOO DEFENSIVE! On more than one occasion, he literally just blocked as soon as Overload wore off, and CONTINUED to block until either he proced ANOTHER Overload, or I tried to Heavy him, in which case he’d attack me, and then go back to just sitting there and blocking. It was almost impossible for me to bait his specials too. He’d be at two bars of power and wouldn’t use his special until Overload had triggered MULTIPLE TIMES. Now, I’m going to counter a few arguments BEFORE they’re brought up:
You: You’re just not good enough at the game!
Me: I’ve been playing for over two years, I rarely spend money on the game, and I’m only three quests away from being Uncollected. I’m not a pro, but I’m good.
You: You just need better champs!
Me: So GP, SW, Quake, Wolvie and Medusa isn’t a good team?
Kabam, it’s not just Deadpool, it’s almost everyone in Trial of Heart, and ONLY Trial of Heart. NONE of the others. Just the one where everyone has Overload. Are you kidding me...

Comments

• DizzyDizzy Posts: 236 ★★
    edited February 2018
    Yeah, man, this node sucks without any heal block champs especially at our level. Do you not have anyone else reliable you can lean back on, other than SW?

I rely very heavily on Void and Archangel on Wednesdays, even though they aren't typically in my main questing team.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    You would think quake would be a great counter to defensive champs...
    Dizzy wrote: »
    Yeah, man, this node sucks without any heal block champs. Do you not have anyone else reliable you can lean back on, other than SW?

I rely very heavily on Void and Archangel on Wednesdays, even though they aren't typically in my main questing team.

I tried using Quake. The problems with champions randomly attacking and dropping blocks did not help
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Use champs that can heal block. None of those have good utility in that quest unless sw procs power lock on dp over and over. None of this champs can deal with arc overload easily
    Of course as soon as I say that, I get Ultron and Cable today, making my AA useless :joy:
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    You would think quake would be a great counter to defensive champs...

Agreed. She absolutely dismantles the AI in these Trials because they're so passive.

SW nullifies all those annoying Overloads as well.
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Use champs that can heal block. None of those have good utility in that quest unless sw procs power lock on dp over and over. None of this champs can deal with arc overload easily

Quake can stop Overload from triggering at all, SW almost always nullifies it for me. My champs arent the problem. The problem is that I can’t hit them
    Sw can nullify arc overload but you only brought one good champ for that quest
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited February 2018
    My main problem is GG. Gotta keep his power down and I can only beat him with SL. My only reliable heal blocker is CW, and he got smoked because he’s a 4/40...
    You brought quake. You don’t need to hit them lol. I didn’t see her name the first time
  • Mana_PotMana_Pot Posts: 235 ★★
    Power control or heal block for Deadpool. His passive regen is based on his power meter so if you can control that, he's plenty manageable. Also, the most obvious solution is heal block. Good matches for him can include Vision, Magik, Yondu, Guilly, Psylock, and a few others. It's not that the team you mentioned isn't good, it's more that they aren't suited for these particular fights.
    GG is a very difficult champ in this event. Probably the hardest one of the lot. The only two reliable counters for him are AA's neurotoxins and Guilly's heal reversal.

The only other one that really sucks for me is King Groot. Luckily Switch makes short work of him.
  • Deadbyrd9 wrote: »

Actually, I've used Gwenpool in Trials of the Heart. Unless you're facing bleed immune like King Groot she can damage fast enough to kill in between arc overloads, and she has power lock which can allow you to spam attacks without pausing to bait specials AND if she is awakened she can survive a special three attack if you need to just blitz into the target knowing you are going to push to three bars.

But the most underappreciated champ for this trial seems to be Dr. Voodoo. Too many people are focused on heal block. Dr. Voodoo can, if you play slow and carefully, stack an unlimited amount of poison on the target. But you don't need unlimited. You just need a couple. Once you get to three stacks of poison the target stops healing. Poison reduces the strength of all heals. Two stacks of poison are enough to neuter arc overload. Three stacks of poison is essentially heal blocked completely. Particular good against King Groot.

But even against poison immune, Voodoo can often deal enough damage to eventually win, by keeping power burn up with SP2. The power burn damage is high enough to kill in between arc overloads.
    @DNA3000 with that logic you can use almost any champ if they are ranked high enough. Considering this guy is having problems I’m giving him better options than out damaging an opponent.

Void is the best character for this quest and is the best counter to gg imo. I use him in wars against 5* and 6* ggs all the time
    Yeah, #blessed to have Void, a 4/40 just solo'ed his way through Ultron, IP, and Cable.
    edited February 2018
    You brought quake. You don’t need to hit them lol. I didn’t see her name the first time

I tried that. It worked in the end, but the bugs where champions will randomly attack or drop their blocks did NOT help. I had to revive her multiple times, which is why I tried using other champs and encountered this problem
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    I used Voodoo and countered it with Loas. Luckily I had no Robots this Round. Just Voodoo, IP, and SIM. Used Hulk on Voodoo.
    I have never had any of those issues. I have had quake evade while blocking just like how she evaded while holding heavies but no one in my alliance has ever mentioned those bugs. I only have the problem where sometimes I swipe and it does a light attack
    I have never had any of those issues. I have had quake evade while blocking just like how she evaded while holding heavies but no one in my alliance has ever mentioned those bugs. I only have the problem where sometimes I swipe and it does a light attack

Really? It seems like lots of people have been having this problem (some more than others)
  • LurkerLurker Posts: 196
    Apache wrote: »
    cyclops is your answer

I hear some people use him very effectively.

Lurker wrote: »
    Apache wrote: »
    cyclops is your answer

I hear some people use him very effectively.

He makes god-tier champs look like child's toys.
  • AA is the champ that I use for this quest and also the mesmerize one. his neurotoxin eliminates all of that from happening.
    AA is the champ that I use for this quest and also the mesmerize one. his neurotoxin eliminates all of that from happening.

I'm with you, but still, good luck with King Groot, Cable, and Ultron!
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I had cable, x-23 and Deadpool.
    SL dealt with cable and AA dealt with x-23 and Deadpool.

If I'd had kg like past weeks then I took Voodoo to deal with that
  • Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    @DNA3000 with that logic you can use almost any champ if they are ranked high enough. Considering this guy is having problems I’m giving him better options than out damaging an opponent.

I'm not sure what you mean by "that logic." I presented two different ways to counter this day. I first mentioned Gwenpool because:
    You: You just need better champs!
    Me: So GP, SW, Quake, Wolvie and Medusa isn’t a good team?

He mentions using Gwenpool. I know Gwenpool works, so I'm presuming the problem isn't the champ but rather the tactics. If you play Gwenpool conservatively she doesn't work, because she can't overcome the healing. But if you play aggressively, she can. In this case, I'm not recommending using stronger champs, I'm recommending using the champs I know the OP has, but in a different way.

I also mention Voodoo, because Voodoo is explicitly at least as good if not better option than heal block without simply outdamaging the opponent's heals. People seem to consistently fail to realize (because it isn't well documented) that poison was changed a while back to reduce the effectiveness of healing. Once you get poison on the target, you can ignore the targets heals for the most part and kill them at your leisure. In fact, a sufficiently skilled player could use 3* Voodoo to bring down any non-poison immune node on this map. But it doesn't take nearly as much skill with a 4* Voodoo.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Dizzy wrote: »
    Of course as soon as I say that, I get Ultron and Cable today, making my AA useless :joy:

I usually bring AA as well, but my first node was Ultron. I ended up using Stark Spidey since his L2 has extra mojo vs robots.
  • GruftyGrufty Posts: 186
    edited February 2018
    I find magik is my MVP against healers especially wolverine & deadpool.
  • BriischampBriischamp Posts: 11
    Guillotine sp2 all day long on this particular trial.
    Grufty wrote: »
    I find magik is my MVP against healers especially wolverine & deadpool.

How does Magik do anything useful against regen?