**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

First 5 star to r4 - Magik or Hyperion? (neither duped)

KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
So I've been saving to r4 my Magik, but I just pulled a Hyperion. I personally find her more reliable due to the power lock, but he's a savage in his own right and doesn't need the dupe to be a good defender too.

I've been enjoying Magik vs. Killmonger since limbo rewinds reverb dmg even unduped, but Hyperion also smashed KM with the armor break s2, so neither really has a huge advantage over the other in terms of helping me wrap up the UC monthly.

Comments

• Will435Will435 Posts: 20
    I would do Hyperion he is much better than magik while they are both not duped
  • Hypes fosho.
  • Do you have Hyperion or Magik awakened?
  • Magik
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    Hyperion bro I have them both 4* r5 Magik is duped of course but even unduped Hyperion is a beast
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Maldroit1 wrote: »
    Do you have Hyperion or Magik awakened?
    Neither is awakened at 5 but have both awakened at r4. The 5 Star magik is r3, and the 4 is r4. My 4 Star hype is maxed, and I just opened the 5.

• YotzYotz Posts: 117
    Magik, by far
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Tough call. This sort of becomes personal preference. I really like both. A r4 Hyperion has to be a beast. I personally don't have him as a 5* but really like my r5 4*. I have a r4 duped Magik and love her. She has more utility than Hyperion and has helped me clear tons o content. Good luck. Either way you have a great champ
  • BreybreyBreybrey Posts: 39
    I would personally do magik. My thought process is that rank 4 is fairly rare and can currently only be done a limited number of times. Therefore you should only rank 4 someone who is the best at what they do or that provides multiple utilities. I think most would agree that magik is the best power controller in game. Hyperion is great, but i dont think hes the best at anything. He also heavily relies on his ability to stun his opponent, while magik does not
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    Hyperion.

Magik's utility isn't her damage but her power control, and she'll retain that at rank 3. Hypo gains a lot going from 3 to 4 and he doesn't need to be duped either.
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    Both great options but Magik.
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Breybrey wrote: »
    I would personally do magik. My thought process is that rank 4 is fairly rare and can currently only be done a limited number of times. Therefore you should only rank 4 someone who is the best at what they do or that provides multiple utilities. I think most would agree that magik is the best power controller in game. Hyperion is great, but i dont think hes the best at anything. He also heavily relies on his ability to stun his opponent, while magik does not

This is how I'm thinking/leaning as well. I also don't have the cosmic cats to r4 Hyperion anytime soon but Magik could be done by the end of the weekend. Hopefully I can clear some harder content for more alphas by the time I get 4 more cosmics.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I have a r4 5* hype and I can attest that he is an absolute monster... He is a permanent member of my AQ squad because of his poison immunity and overall damage is just insane.

Magik may be more useful if you need AW attackers or maybe some sections of A5, but I still think you can't go wrong with hype.

It really depends on what you need I think.