**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The Elephant (Blade) in the room..

So I'm sure right now there are many celebrating their immense luck of obtaining a 5* Blade in what appeared to be the biggest cash grab for a champ I've seen since before the natorious 12.0.... The great update that cut the legs off of our favorite, money/item saving champs...... But but, it was to make the game more balanced..... Which it was for a time..... Then comes Blade, and a host of new defenders for him to feast on, modok, Morningstar, etc... Then we got the the era of singular synergies that only apply to specific champs And not the team.... Where am I going with all this? Blade needs to be nerfed. With alliance wars trying to go in the skill direction it seems like the good of all good champs emerged bc of it. Attack bonus is everything. There are very few people that blade can't waste.... And even still, how good of a defense can you plan when attack teams are blade, Stark spider, and ghost Rider? Really? There's a million you things you could easy change on him, for example make his Regen at least considered a buff so he can proc MD and host of other things. We all can admit it. There is nothing balanced about him. Pretty messed up when a bleeding skill champ can solo a Dormammu alliance war boss. I'm sure I'm going to take flack for this but the discussion needs to happen. Blade is totally throwing alliance war off balance and conveniently alliance wars season rewards are the best rewards in the game again. This was just to get tolhe conversation started but we all know it needs to happen

Comments

• Options
    Nobody is saying anything about him being hard to beat. I knew a certain % of noobs/trolls would respond. But anybody who has any level of skill or intelligence can admit he throws the game off balance. "Hidden defenders" "only so many villains"..... Those are weak arguments and obviously you play a very different tier of alliance war..... Good luck making the cutoff for gold tier rewards. Anyways, as far as defenders go we all can agree that kabam makes champs straight up for defense. And it's always the same ones on the same nodes..... #gameteam #kabam you guys know the deal. Fix it
  • Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    The main champs that blade counters are also countered by Void and RagHulk. Even Red Hulk and LC to some degree. Kabam is targeting offensive champs that can drop mystic defenders. He was the first, but not the only.
  • Options
    bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,148 ★★★
    Grimmbear wrote: »
    We can tell this guy didnt get Blade

lol.. it's usually that way
  • Options
    RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Nobody is saying anything about him being hard to beat. I knew a certain % of noobs/trolls would respond. But anybody who has any level of skill or intelligence can admit he throws the game off balance. "Hidden defenders" "only so many villains"..... Those are weak arguments and obviously you play a very different tier of alliance war..... Good luck making the cutoff for gold tier rewards. Anyways, as far as defenders go we all can agree that kabam makes champs straight up for defense. And it's always the same ones on the same nodes..... #gameteam #kabam you guys know the deal. Fix it

hey everyone, we all suck and play on tier 17 bc this guy wants to place a danger sense buffet on defense and still win.

Once upon a time I saw a Blade, spark, and Dormammu team run into stun immune modok and then Medusa on node 24. Why did blade get destroyed? Those are champs made straight up for defense. Plz advise.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I'm sure I'm going to take flack for this but the discussion needs to happen. Blade is totally throwing alliance war off balance and conveniently alliance wars season rewards are the best rewards in the game again. This was just to get tolhe conversation started but we all know it needs to happen

LMAO the conversation needs to happen? Get the conversation started? You wrote all that to start the 1,000,000th Blade nerf post so you could “start the conversation”

• Options
    Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    The Mystic class was throwing off the balance in AW introducing new champs to help even things out a bit is a good thing. Many of us remember having to face 3 Magiks, 2 Juggernauts, and a Dr Strange in one battle group

Yet here you are arguing for stagnation trying to call it maintaining skill when in reality it’s who has 4 or 5 points in Mystic Dispersion

I’m sure Kabam will be introducing more characters with useful skill sets. Just give them a little time nothing happens over night.

@Obi_Jedi0110101
  • Options
    Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    @LocoMotives I think Cable is a good counter to Blade too
  • Options
    KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    “ One time a single opponent Blade soloed the entire map in AW, then he proceeded to soloing our champions who were not even participating in the war. He killed everyone, poured gasoline on them then threw a cigaret butt and left as the flames went up behind him ...now we have nothing left ...nothing ! ”

I don’t know where that happens. We are currently in tier 4 AW, Blades do get more kills than others but they are not unstoppable. They will introduce powerful champions and buff old ones to balance the game further. They should not nerf Blade.

By the way I don’t even have Blade.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    No, he does not need to be nerfed.
  • Options
    Lol, all the hate.... Accompanied with 0 logic. Wars is about attack now. There is no such thing about as "show stopping defense" anymore..... I'd sure love to have a 5* Blade, you bet... Why?Bc you can encompass a multitude of the best defensive champs there is. And no dormammu degen doesn't offset the game... Step your game up bro and dodge earlier. He's reminiscient of block proficiency teams (Blade) .... When you have to strategize your whole attack plan based on who has a 5* Blade that's your first clue as to him being in balanced. Yell, whine, cuss, dis, hate all you want. Everyone knows it's true
  • Options
    D_S_D_S_ Posts: 159
    If he isn’t OP then why does every person in the top tiers run with him for war? Why do 20/30 members in MMXIV have him?
  • Options
    D_S_ wrote: »
    If he isn’t OP then why does every person in the top tiers run with him for war? Why do 20/30 members in MMXIV have him?

Lots of magik, AA, iceman on attack up there.

He is the highest prestige champ that is actual useful on offense.

5* Champs with higher prestige:
    Thor-useless
    Phoenix-useless
    Sentry-useless
    Thanos-5 people have him

If sparky and blade switched prestige, we’d all have spark icons and blade would still be r4. Especially considering spark is the better champ with basically no counter giving him a longer shelf-life to dominate this game’s content.
  • Options
    Ok, here's an easy solution to this and Blade doesn't need to get nerfed. Hide the classes of defenders again in alliance war. That would be true balance to this situation. #kabam #kabammike #adora
  • Options
    Ok, here's an easy solution to this and Blade doesn't need to get nerfed. Hide the classes of defenders again in alliance war. That would be true balance to this situation. #kabam #kabammike #adora

The classes will not tell you if it’s a villain or not.

So clearly this is all about mystic wars, and mystic wars are dead and never coming back.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    edited February 2018
    Ace_03 wrote: »

When you have poor creativity is when you base everything on one champion. Ever heard of Cable?

You have not brought up any argument on why he is overpowered, other than in one arena of the game he is very effective. Maybe you're the one who lacks strategy.

Nobody is cursing, hating or berating you; but of course anyone who disagrees with you is your enemy.

The entire premise of this topic created by you, is predicated on your whining, not ours.

New powerful champions will be introduced, the balance will constantly swift, until another SSS+ class champ is summoned to the game. When that happens, feel free to complain about that new champion too.

Ever heard of Spark?

The issue with Blade / Spark / GR synergy is there is almost no defenders available to stop an attack team running these 3 champs.

See mutant, use Spark. This puts the Cable argument down. Same for NC or whatever mutant you place on whichever node.

See science or mystic, use Blade. Not a villain, doesn’t matter. Blade hits decently hard even without Danger Sense.

The main problem with Blade and the trinity synergy is that the bulk of good defenders are villains. The few exceptions are NC (who lost his value with the introduction of Iceman), Spidey, Medusa, and a handful of others.

New defenders like Void, Modok, Killmonger etc are all villains. Even more commonly used older ones, Electro, Dorm, Mordo, Punisher 2099 etc, are villains.

This makes the trinity synergy almost unstoppable in AW, unless the player is just simply unskilled.

(Yes I have a 5* Blade.)
  • Options
    They’re not unstoppable and people using the trinity die all the time in tier1 because things don’t always work out as easily as it seems.

And I haven’t seen a trinity champ solo a tier 1 r4/r5 Medusa mini/main boss yet.
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Blade should be adjusted. He is the new DS. Infinite regen. He is too overpowered
  • Options
    MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    Anyone who talks about nerfing Blade before discussing mystic wars should be outright dismissed.

People cannot just load up on mystics and watch them collect death after death in war. Blade was one solution to this. Now some like to talk about nerfing that solution without discussing what he is countering.