**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mystic Rank Up Help

Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
edited February 2018 in Strategy and Tips
So I usually know who to rank up. That is I rank who I feel like. However I'm unsure of which of my mystic champs to rank up to 5/50, so I'm here for help.

Options:
Dr. Voodoo (Unawaken) - 4/40
Magik (Sig 6) - 4/40
Dr. Strange (sig 57) - 4/40.

I put Dr. Strange there to see if anyone has found a great use for him since he was neutered. I had hoped to take him 5/50 before 12.0 but alas here is where we are.

Magik has helped me with the Web-Slingers and Michael B. Jordan challenges.

Dr. Voodoo seems like the better option though. He's a mix of Dr. Strange and Magik, can do a little bit of everything.

What I'm looking for is to build up a team to work on Act 5 and do master mode for the Event Quest more comfortably. Plus whoever I rank up could help in AW and AQ.

Just wanted to get some thoughts on who like, where you like to use them and where you don't. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• JCPer14JCPer14 Posts: 79
    If you have resources expiring, then rank Magik for sure. There is no better champ for power control. She helped me a ton in act 5. But Voodoo is also an amazing champ as well and can control power pretty well as well as other utilities. I would not waste any resources on Dr. Stange.

Just my opinion. I have a 5* 4/45 sig 73 Magik, 4* 5/50 sig 40 Voodoo, and a 4* 3/30 Dr. Stange sig 99.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    DV needs to be awakened to be awesome.
    DS was nerfed in v12 and he is no longer his old self
    Your current best mystic in your list to R5 is Magik

In case if you have GR, consider R5 him as well even if he is undupped
    In case if you have SW too, consider R5 her but she needs to be highly dupped
    Cheers and good luck
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    shchong2 wrote: »
    DV needs to be awakened to be awesome.
    DS was nerfed in v12 and he is no longer his old self
    Your current best mystic in your list to R5 is Magik

In case if you have GR, consider R5 him as well even if he is undupped
    In case if you have SW too, consider R5 her but she needs to be highly dupped
    Cheers and good luck

Thank you for your thoughts. I did get Ghost Rider recently, haven't ranked him yet. Wasn't sure how I felt about him. I don't have a 4* SW unfortunately.

So it's down to Magik and Ghost Rider to rank 5. What makes Ghost rider so great that he can be used in the same sentence with Magik?
    JCPer14 wrote: »
    If you have resources expiring, then rank Magik for sure. There is no better champ for power control. She helped me a ton in act 5. But Voodoo is also an amazing champ as well and can control power pretty well as well as other utilities. I would not waste any resources on Dr. Stange.

Just my opinion. I have a 5* 4/45 sig 73 Magik, 4* 5/50 sig 40 Voodoo, and a 4* 3/30 Dr. Stange sig 99.

Thank you for your thoughts. I don't have resources expiring, I'm just bored and wanna start to do harder content to enjoy quest modes while doing AW and AQ.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited February 2018
    Jon8299 wrote: »
    So it's down to Magik and Ghost Rider to rank 5. What makes Ghost rider so great that he can be used in the same sentence with Magik?

In short, you can control his regen with Heavy Attk (reliable), he has plenty of good utility, and good immunity. All-round champ, capable of important quest.

how to use ghost rider marvel contest of champion
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOKTYTcS4GQ

Ghost Rider Overview and Pro-Tips - Patch 12.0.1 Super Champ - Marvel Contest Of Champions
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxJjr5KRCzE

Ghost Rider VS Thanos - Epic Duels - Marvel Contest of Champions
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-eWyhCWtQY

Ghost Rider Rank 5 Rank Up & Gameplay - Marvel Contest Of Champions
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN2DZjaID1c

Ghost Rider Gameplay - All Special Attacks (SP1, SP2 and SP3) - Marvel Contest of Champions
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMOTkmgiygQ

Enjoy, good luck and cheers!
    @shchong2 wow thanks, I'll look it over after work.
  • UC439UC439 Posts: 261
    Rank up magik. I use both magik & ghost rider, magik is much more reliable.
    Ghost rider is reliable only when u pair him up with blade. Else he is a very frustrating character to play with. U try to place judgements & that fails a good amount of time unless u r fighting a villain. Opponents gets overly defensive when u have health steal buff active, & once you run out of the timer u have to redo everything using a sp3 & try to place all those again, it's really a slow process with gr & frustrating one for sure.
    With blade his judgments have no chance to fail, so to use him smoothly u need blade.
    UC439 wrote: »
    Rank up magik. I use both magik & ghost rider, magik is much more reliable.
    Ghost rider is reliable only when u pair him up with blade. Else he is a very frustrating character to play with. U try to place judgements & that fails a good amount of time unless u r fighting a villain. Opponents gets overly defensive when u have health steal buff active, & once you run out of the timer u have to redo everything using a sp3 & try to place all those again, it's really a slow process with gr & frustrating one for sure.
    With blade his judgments have no chance to fail, so to use him smoothly u need blade.

Thanks, my Ghost Rider is still in Rank 1 as I only got him a week or two ago. I've been busy with work, but Magik is ready to go now. Need her ready for the next challenge.