**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Thor / BW / DS / SW

13»

Comments

• Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    @Primmer79 didn’t know you were the relevancy police. Wasn’t an argument. Simply a statement as to the irrelevance of this discussion. Thank you for propagating kind sir!

MC

I.. uh... you used that as a reasoning that they were too powerful. In a discussion about how powerful they were/are in comparison to blade. You point out this 'fact' not only to start your comment, but to end your comment, too. I was a part of this discussion, and decided to continue it. Thank you for acknowledging me.
  • Options
    RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Sighsohard wrote: »
    It is funny that I read this post as my alliance is currently and sadly getting demolished against non-blade users since we try to place for diversity (specifically bosses and minis)... And we just smashed an alliance with a horde of blade users. (Both were relatively the same strength about 1.5x our alliance)

To even more amusement for me reading this post, guess what champions they did bring in to counter my 5* duped medusa, 6* cable, alliance members' NCs, yondus, etc.(non mystic minis+bosses)....

Hordes of:

5/50 max sig SWes
    Icemen
    5/50 OG or AOU visions
    Sparks

I think they only brought in 1 or 2 blades across all three bgs

How boring must mystic wars be in the top 3 tiers as the o.p. that they force people to bring in blade. Try placing for diversity, specifically minis and bosses because being in the top 3 tiers all you need is to eliminate some attack bonus gained by your opponents. That is if you are truly able to be competitive enough in the top 3 war tiers where it comes down to that.

Calm down a little?

Blade doesn’t make a terrible player great... the fact you smashed some guys with blade doesn’t prove anything. Against those minis you mentioned. I would stroll bring spark, GR and blade. And I’d smash them all. Lol.

Spark would smoke them all except probably Medusa. GR will smoke medusa(if you know how to play) and blade could kill all of them. Cable obviously a challenge. But he could get you to the boss without your other champs being scratched. I’m not sure what the point of what you said is?

We all do place for diversity. Since no matter who you put out there. The holy trinity is gonna smash them all regardless. I don’t see how this is hard to understand

Magik would smoke them all. No boosts or synergy needed.

Let’s nerf her since she’s still OP on offense and there is no counter to even slow her down let alone stop her.
  • Options
    RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Rektor wrote: »
    It is funny that I read this post as my alliance is currently and sadly getting demolished against non-blade users since we try to place for diversity (specifically bosses and minis)... And we just smashed an alliance with a horde of blade users. (Both were relatively the same strength about 1.5x our alliance)

To even more amusement for me reading this post, guess what champions they did bring in to counter my 5* duped medusa, 6* cable, alliance members' NCs, yondus, etc.(non mystic minis+bosses)....

Hordes of:

5/50 max sig SWes
    Icemen
    5/50 OG or AOU visions
    Sparks

I think they only brought in 1 or 2 blades across all three bgs

How boring must mystic wars be in the top 3 tiers as the o.p. that they force people to bring in blade. Try placing for diversity, specifically minis and bosses because being in the top 3 tiers all you need is to eliminate some attack bonus gained by your opponents. That is if you are truly able to be competitive enough in the top 3 war tiers where it comes down to that.

Calm down a little?

Blade doesn’t make a terrible player great... the fact you smashed some guys with blade doesn’t prove anything. Against those minis you mentioned. I would stroll bring spark, GR and blade. And I’d smash them all. Lol.

Spark would smoke them all except probably Medusa. GR will smoke medusa(if you know how to play) and blade could kill all of them. Cable obviously a challenge. But he could get you to the boss without your other champs being scratched. I’m not sure what the point of what you said is?

We all do place for diversity. Since no matter who you put out there. The holy trinity is gonna smash them all regardless. I don’t see how this is hard to understand

Magik would smoke them all. No boosts or synergy needed.

Let’s nerf her since she’s still OP on offense and there is no counter to even slow her down let alone stop her.

And to add to this

Let’s bring her to AW with Morningstar and Mephisto.

That synergy makes them all stupidly OP. Magik already is OP. So is Mephisto. They can cover every fight on the map. Every node. Poison. Bleed. All or nothing. MD. Mephisto shuts off every buff. Morningstar will smash high buff nodes in 3 seconds. Magik can solo any boss.

That’s the real holy trinity. But people still don’t consider the full possibilities of bringing certain mystics on offense. No wonder they’re so mad at blade.
  • Options
    Let me rephrase. SW, BW, DS, and Thor were nerfed because of their financial impact and the design teams inability to stop them within the existing construct of the game. Not only did they have to nerf the champs, but changed the basic fundamentals from percentage rates to flat values. Obviously they were much more OP than Blade. Blade does not require such extensive changes to the entirety of the game but merely the introduction of champs that will again start a frenzy among high ranking players to “acquire” immediately. Thus driving financial investment. EVERYTHING in this game is driven by financial decisions. That history is well established. Blade is a tool toward that endeavor that the game team obviously has an existing answer to that we just don’t know yet. And most likely is tied to other cross platform content throughout the Marvel universe, not simply a static creation within the iterations of this game.
  • Options
    The introduction of new AW seasonal rewards coupled with no longer tracking KO as a negative point accumulation furthers that thought. Blade is not an OP answer to everything. He’s another link in a convoluted, house takes all, game the design team plays with us every day/week/month/quarter/year. It’s about financial gains, not entertaining content.
  • Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    @Sighsohard .... if Pre-nerf SW, DS, BW, and Thor are no match for current blade, why you think Kabam refuses to release their 5* versions? Blade is definitely OP. No one would argue that. But I’ve seen guys chew through every line possible in previous AW using. 3* DS for fun. 5* r5 Blades are not comparable because not only is it different content from OG AW, but also there exists no 5* version of the champs you call out.

The right champ in the right players hands will always be OP.

refusing to release them as 5* champs is not an argument when they refused to release champs such as joe fixit as 5*

Cause Joe Fixit is too OP to be a 5* or 6*
  • Options
    AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Amonthir wrote: »
    AW Offense is currently on the rise, but they are starting to cycle into more Defense-oriented champs now, and that is a cycle likely to continue. One side grows stronger, the other side eventually gets counters. Someone already brought up champs like Meph, who barely had any counters when he was released. Now, he has several. Dorm didn't really have a direct champ counter, now he does.
    What is honestly so strong about Blade is that Kabam usually makes strong synergies work with weaker champs, as Spark synergizes with KK/SMMM/IM, etc. Or how Medusa wants to hang with her homeboy, Black Bolt, to get all buff. But Blade's synergies are with champs that are strong in their own right, such as Spark and GR. You don't lose anything by going for a synergy team of those 3, unlike you would have in the older days. He, and possibly his besties, will have more and more counters or counter synergies released in the next few months, such as Hero defenders that aren't Mystics, and are worth a damn.
    Also, please post your video of soloing Map 6, the whole map, with Blade ;)

That’s not true. I solo r4 mephisto s and dorms all day with r4 magik. Easy peezy.

Which has barely anything to do with what I said? Being able to solo someone doesn't mean that champ was designed as a counter for the enemy, which is what I said their design plan seems to be: release champ with X abilities, wait a few months, release champs resistant to said abilities, or that shut them down completely. We will see more champs released that are designed to change up offense and/or defense. Whether they are successful at that really depends on Kabam, as they can be rather hit or miss on their designs.
  • Options
    wappykidwappykid Posts: 94
    emjsde9x8qgc.jpg
    So beautiful
    wappykid wrote: »
    I wanna see blade solo a AQ map with full health like DS and switch did even 3* Thor would demolish a 30k kang in less than 2 mins
    I wanna see blade solo a AQ map with full health like DS and switch did even 3* Thor would demolish a 30k kang in less than 2 mins

#4 I could solo a 50k PI Kang with any champ. He’s one of the simplest fights in the game. Terrible example.

Send me a pic of u soloing a 50k kang with a 3* blade before the AQ timer runs out
  • Options
    SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    emjsde9x8qgc.jpg
    So beautiful

#4 I could solo a 50k PI Kang with any champ. He’s one of the simplest fights in the game. Terrible example.

Send me a pic of u soloing a 50k kang with a 3* blade before the AQ timer runs out

Who cares if you time out. Just regen the next fight....
  • Options
    that video is entertaining. it took me 15 minutes to take out RoL WS
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    Wait until blade, ghosty and spark don't appear in the 6* crystal. I suspect Magik, hype, voodoo and AA will miss out too.

And we shall have peace.