**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Should Sentinel be a #Villain ?

My_SuperiorMy_Superior Posts: 2,086 ★★★★
edited March 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
That’s like calling a security camera a hero.

Should Sentinel be a #Villain ? 89 votes

Yes.
75%
cradlemanA_Noob_Is1stakTillerTheKillerTheSickmastermostlyharmlessnStefffAgentOfSHIELDbloodyCainFrostySaiyandangerbluTrektbuffajrRocerwSWeaponXadqqedfyvrquando213F4k3_GaM3rWildpants 67 votes
No.
24%
SirnoobHeroBoltsyThawnimSnaggleThereticIAmNotUrMomTheOneAndOnly420samPatchie93Savio444PandamanTanshe3_rawyHzoriRasiloverCupidMy_SuperiorShadowXXFA_RebootedTheDemonSsjAkatsuki 22 votes

Comments

• DrpancakesDrpancakes Posts: 102
    Yes.
    wait, is he not considered a villain? But their purpose is mutant genocide; how is that not villainy. Is ultron then not a villain?
  • 420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    No.
    It’s still PROGRAMMED to be bad... where as vision was programmed to be a hero... so...?! Yes he should

That's actually incorrect. Vision was programmed but he too was AI as you can see in the Avengers movie. He ultimately has the ability to decide as well. So, still no.
  • XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    No.
    Sentinels are programmed. They don't make their own choices. They don't even have their own conscious.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Yes.
    It’s still PROGRAMMED to be bad... where as vision was programmed to be a hero... so...?! Yes he should

69s1dfb6m7x9.jpeg

That’s how it went in the movies, but that’s it. In every other story that I know of, Vision was originaly a villain and eventually BECAME a hero
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Yes.
    Sentinels are robots without a conscience

I would say they’re not. They serve a negative purpose, but all mutants not just the good ones.

Right and killmonger is not a villain now because he killed klaue
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    No.

I would say they’re not. They serve a negative purpose, but all mutants not just the good ones.

Difference being

He had a choice
    Yes.
    How was my post abuse
  • ShinyMew2ShinyMew2 Posts: 187
    Yes.
    Sentinels aren’t villains but aren’t heroes. I guess they’re closer to villains but tbh sentinel shouldn’t even be a playable character in the game. Should just be an enemy exclusive character like the Ultron drones.
    Yes.
    Sirnoob wrote: »

Difference being

He had a choice

The sentinels are here to purge the mutants last time I checked that doesn't fall under the category of hero or anti hero, the statement was they kill bad mutants too but that doesn't mean they r not villians. Now back to purging mutants that is an act of villany even if they don't get a choice. Winter Soldier was mind controlled in cap 2 and was still considered a villians inn the film granted later he does become good. Beside the point the sentinels were created for the purpose of evil therefore they are villians, why because unlike vision they still chose to abide the acts of evil my basic point is they may not be 100% a villians but that is the closest they come to any category
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Yes.
    ShinyMew2 wrote: »
    Sentinels aren’t villains but aren’t heroes. I guess they’re closer to villains but tbh sentinel shouldn’t even be a playable character in the game. Should just be an enemy exclusive character like the Ultron drones.

This guy understands. There’s no “Mindless drone” tag
    No.
    420sam wrote: »

That's actually incorrect. Vision was programmed but he too was AI as you can see in the Avengers movie. He ultimately has the ability to decide as well. So, still no.

His program was designed by stark lmao. It’s explained perfectly in the movie. You must not have a good grasp on the English language... or you just had poor translation. He did have a choice but he was designed by stark and felt the need to be good rather than bad. Whereas ultron... thought he was doing “good” but was not programmed by stark, etc.

Exactly, you reiterate my point. Both Ultron and Vision were programmed but have the ability to choose good or evil. Sentinels don't. Might want to brush up on your English. I know we use big words on the forums, but that way you don't get lost in the future.
    No.
    @Undead_Dhampir I have rethought it and have come to the only logical conclusion that I can make. You must not speak English. That or you just are not good at understanding things. We are arguing two different things.
    My argument centers on the fact that even though they are programmed they do not have the option to choose to be good or evil as you clearly pointed out that both Ultron and Vision do. That is why they should not have a tag.
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    No.
    @Undead_Dhampir I have rethought it and have come to the only logical conclusion that I can make. You must not speak English. That or you just are not good at understanding things. We are arguing two different things.
    My argument centers on the fact that even though they are programmed they do not have the option to choose to be good or evil as you clearly pointed out that both Ultron and Vision do. That is why they should not have a tag.

Jesus guy... he is recognized as a villain by marvel. Really, idfc what the stupid contest labels him as.

MCOC operates independently or separately from Marvel. A poll that recognizes him as a villain of the actual comics means nothing for the tags in the game.
  • 1stKing1stKing Posts: 47
    Yes.
    A villain is as a villain does. Hitler Baron Zemo and his followers thought he was a hero but no. It turns out he was a villain. We are all the heroes of our own stories. If Sentinels are playable characters then they should be villains unless you are "pro-genetic cleansing." Madness is often the cause of villainy. IE Green Goblin. Choice is not a defining factor as insanity can take away choice or the ability to know right from wrong.
    No.

Jesus guy... he is recognized as a villain by marvel. Really, idfc what the stupid contest labels him as.

The poll is a poll made by IGN, not Marvel. That does not make him a villain. And the tags in Contest of Champions are determined by Kabam. Not by IGN, not by Marvel. Thanks for being wrong. This is fun!
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    No.

MCOC operates independently or separately from Marvel. A poll that recognizes him as a villain of the actual comics means nothing for the tags in the game.

This is correct. The mods have said as much in the past too. While Kabam does work with Marvel in the design of characters in the game it happens outside of the world of the traditional comics and television shows that we grew up watching. A look at the spotlight for Sentinel shows that the Sentinel is actually an ISO infused Sentinel which means it is tied specifically to the Contest of Champions.
    https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-sentinel/
  • 1stKing1stKing Posts: 47
    Yes.

This is correct. The mods have said as much in the past too. While Kabam does work with Marvel in the design of characters in the game it happens outside of the world of the traditional comics and television shows that we grew up watching. A look at the spotlight for Sentinel shows that the Sentinel is actually an ISO infused Sentinel which means it is tied specifically to the Contest of Champions.

Wait...what? Contest of champions is not cannon? Then why am am playing so hard and grinding so much. I thought I was saving the Marvel Universe.
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    No.
    1stKing wrote: »

Wait...what? Contest of champions is not cannon? Then why am am playing so hard and grinding so much. I thought I was saving the Marvel Universe.

Merely a different part, lol.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,675 ★★★★★
    Does anyone else get annoyed by horrible movie adaptations where they largely **** on history from a great height being used as canon to explain things that happen in a game that is also not remotely close to canon.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,675 ★★★★★
    A Sentinel is not a villain.

It's a tool. Like a butcher knife, or a harpoon, or... uh, a... an alligator.