**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

M o d o k event I quit. Bad rewards and not fun. What do you think.

SpicyslicerSpicyslicer Posts: 2,227 ★★★★
I have chosen not to,participate. I don't want to waste time and the rewards and weak.

Am I alone in this what do you think.

Comments

• vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Ya it makes it interesting and challenging.

My hardest runs so far have been 1. a run with double mephisto (not hard just annoying procing incinerate every second hit managing his power etc.

2. NC, mephisto, cable, mordo, void 6* and i think abom

I gotta say the second one was much harder but way more fun. I think the chance to roll the same opponent should be removed simply because ite boring.

But it manageable without spending any potions so long as you bring:

1. Immunities champ (usually bring iceman to cover 3. And 6. (tank sp3s))
    2. Ability reduction champ (bring AA to cover 4.)
    3. Anti evade
    4. Heal blocker
    5. Damage dealer
    6. A power controller

Just follow the above as much as you can and you should not have a problem and it is great practice for difficult content.

The last modok's lab really helped increase my skill that translated to AW boss killing and dealing with bs nodes in end game content.

That is why I feel the WORST thing you can do is not attempt it every time even if you do not complete it. Boycotting it only hurts the player because these champs do exist and sometimes have similiar nodes powering them.

• ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    I kind of agree with the OP. I can easily get through the hardest difficulty but I loved/enjoyed the way the BP quests were last month. Something about them was fun and didn’t feel like such a strain in our MCOC daily schedule. I do the modok quests and will continue to do so, but if we could have it one way or the other, I’d choose last months style
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I've been able to beat it with my C team, and I've also had times where I had to bail with my top team because I didn't want to spend the resources after a couple bad matchups. For me, I can auto-fight the first two levels, then I will fight the Hard level without checking the boosts. The Expert/Master level can be insanely difficult or just another easy fight depending on the boosts. I do find it frustrating when the "random" boosts tend to recycle the same thing over and over again when spun (especially things like poison/bleed/degen)

I've stopped stressing about completion and will simply go as far as I can. More often than not I will complete it, and love the rewards for it.

That being said, I do see how something like this seems to be another "chore" in the game. Just like running AQ 5 days in a row to farm catalysts, it gets tedious and requires specific champs to make easier. If given the choice, I would prefer the Michael B Jordan events because they had more flexibility with the timings.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I've only used the dice on two fights so far.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    its easy for me, easy rewards, up to YOU if u dont want to get 500 5* a day

easy event but i also...

100% act 5
    became a legend ..twice
    grinded in top 150 5* arena
    already 100% uncollected for this month
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    I think it's great.
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Yeah the difficulty is not that hard for guys with a few 4/55s or 5/65. Kabam is making 5* shards more available for sure you just gotta invest more into the quests if your roster isn’t good enough yet.
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    Here... try this.

navadbiaps8x.jpg
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    I do it but don't like it, sometimes i breeze through, sometimes I reroll till i use gold and need a revive. I liked the BP trials much better, the labs feels like to much grind and we already have arena for that.
  • RoonKhanRoonKhan Posts: 40
    edited March 2018
    waste of time but i like testing my new champs in it like 6* storm/Gamora
    But i still believe 500 5* shards and daily one quest should have been better.
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    I only succeeded once without much item use. Even if i am at the boss and need to use team revive, i quit. 135 units for team revive and pots for 200 five stat shards and no chance of a five star sig stone is not worthwhile.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Op asked what people thought of the quest and I answered. Read it that way if it makes you happy. Also you might want to work on your punctuation. Cheers.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    I like it. I like fighting through the hard nodes without rolling the dice. The rewards really add up also.

Agreed, makes for some interesting challenges/fights, some skill, some tactic, some smart thinking & boom you’ve got some 5* shards.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    I just don’t understand, why is everyone happy or sad about the 5* shards, the t2a alpha shards are the second rarest resource in the game and have very few ways to get them, im 1.5 t2a away from my r5 5* so these are gold to me. I’m like DNA, when war and aq were on I have had to bail on one cos I had some rough fights and didn’t want to waste resources, but that’s fine, it’s a good level of difficulty for someone like me (I use a spin or two most runs, (hate mesmerise) and i enjoy the variety and combination of nodes, I have an r4 5* Ultron so I love when the nodes are bleed or poison, but when he’s in aq I bring vision and Hyperion 4* and they do the same, it’s about picking the right team, archangel for healblocking and a power locker for power gain.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    They definitely should have bumped the second hardest level rewards, some t4c shards, t1alpha shards or say 500 3* shards would have been a great bump,
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    It's a little redundant that the same people who have no trouble with the Event keep commenting. It's obvious that after a certain point, not much will challenge someone. The problem is, there are others playing the game, and it's irreverent to say someone isn't good enough or developed enough when they're saying it's too much. Perhaps you may want to consider there's something to the number of people who have brought up the same issue, and just let people have their say. The Difficulty wasn't likely created with a select few in mind.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    It's a little redundant that the same people who have no trouble with the Event keep commenting. It's obvious that after a certain point, not much will challenge someone. The problem is, there are others playing the game, and it's irreverent to say someone isn't good enough or developed enough when they're saying it's too much. Perhaps you may want to consider there's something to the number of people who have brought up the same issue, and just let people have their say. The Difficulty wasn't likely created with a select few in mind.

The difficulty was definitely created with a select few in mind. End game players need a difficulty which their roster wont necessarily roll over hence are given the EXPERT difficulty. If you want to get the same rewards as those players then you should put in effort. If you cannot then it is not for you, do the lower difficulties.
    gohard123 wrote: »

The difficulty was definitely created with a select few in mind. End game players need a difficulty which their roster wont necessarily roll over hence are given the EXPERT difficulty. If you want to get the same rewards as those players then you should put in effort. If you cannot then it is not for you, do the lower difficulties.

Did I say I was talking about myself, or how I can't do it? That's precisely my point. People just jump on any comment about the degree of challenge and turn it into some kind of egotistical lecture on not being strong enough. For the record, I'm no stranger to Expert. I was making a point. People can't assume that any comment on a level of challenge is coming from unskilled noobs. That mentality is condescending and not at all respective to the feedback people are providing. Expert is for anyone who wants to try for it, which would be everyone that chooses to do so. When a significant number of people comment on the increased difficulty, chances are there's something to that. No doubt some people are quite content with less people getting the Rewards, but that doesn't mean the opinions expressed are just because people can't hack it. It's not cool that people are so quick to shoot down the concerns of others. If you have no issue with it, great. Quite a few others do. No one said I couldn't do it. I didn't start yesterday. I'm just tired of people jumping in and essentially saying people aren't good enough just because they find it too much for what it is.
  • AegonTAegonT Posts: 156

It’s a little redundant that the same people who have trouble with the Event keep commenting. It’s obvious that after a certain point they just can’t complete much. The problem is there are others playing the game and it’s irreverent(?) to say someone is too good or developed too much.

Blah blah blah. Not all content is for eveybody. If you don’t think the rewards are worth it then don’t do it.

I’m sympathetic to the idea that there’s too big a gap between Hard and Expert but that’s a recurring issue for kabam. See also the jump from master to uncollected in the monthly quests. But seriously if you don’t think it’s worth the effort then don’t do it. Why is that hard to understand.
    AegonT wrote: »

It’s a little redundant that the same people who have trouble with the Event keep commenting. It’s obvious that after a certain point they just can’t complete much. The problem is there are others playing the game and it’s irreverent(?) to say someone is too good or developed too much.

Blah blah blah. Not all content is for eveybody. If you don’t think the rewards are worth it then don’t do it.

I’m sympathetic to the idea that there’s too big a gap between Hard and Expert but that’s a recurring issue for kabam. See also the jump from master to uncollected in the monthly quests. But seriously if you don’t think it’s worth the effort then don’t do it. Why is that hard to understand.

You missed the point of what I was saying entirely. Wasn't saying it's too hard for me at all. People need to worry about themselves instead of telling others how to play and deciding what concerns are valid or not. God forbid someone is heard.
  • WayntosWayntos Posts: 590 ★★
    Hey over here I need attention!!

It's not like Kabam Is holding a gun to your head play this, we are giving away easy crystal shards. If you don't like it don't play.
  • Next2HellNext2Hell Posts: 102
    Huge waste of time, wakanda was better, chose one and that’s all