**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Blade vs MD

Can someone explain why Blade’s Danger Sense doesn’t reduce MD?

Comments

• RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Kabam wants to successfully destroy mystic wars. They can’t give every counter to one champ because neutralizing him neutralizes the counter. Takes a team of counters. Blade, AA, Ghulk, Luke, Void, Rhulk
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    Probably because kabam wants players to rank 5 5* mystics with full points in md as balance, that or people would say he’s more op then they already do lol just imagine the hate.
  • rage1224rage1224 Posts: 55
    So there’s not a reason that makes sense? Just that he would be too powerful?
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Do ability reducers like AA affect MD?
    edited March 2018
    MD is too powerful. There’s not one single class mastery that comes anywhere close to it. I’m sorry that some of you put all your eggs in one basket and just ranked all Mystics for defense and are therefore butthurt over Blade. But it was long over due for the reign of Mystics in AW to end. And I have MD 5 unlocked, so I myself have invested, but I was also tired of seeing a sea of purple in AW. So now that we got that out of the way, let’s discuss why Blade can’t reduce MD. It makes no sense that parry can be reduced which is a mastery, but MD can’t.
    rage1224 wrote: »
    MD is too powerful. There’s not one single class mastery that comes anywhere close to it. I’m sorry that some of you put all your eggs in one basket and just ranked all Mystics for defense and are therefore butthurt over Blade. But it was long over due for the reign of Mystics in AW to end. And I have MD 5 unlocked, so I myself have invested, but I was also tired to seeing a sea of purple in AW. So now that we got that out of the way, let’s discuss why Blade can’t reduce MD. It makes no sense that parry can be reduced which is a mastery, but MD can’t.

referencing blade instead of "ability accuracy" will get more people against you, than for you. Ask why BW, elektra, AA, etc cant affect MD, when they can affect parry
  • JFerg114JFerg114 Posts: 122
    Come on peeps, read the description, the only way to counter MD is to not have Buffs that expire, if it's Passive then you're good. Bait heavy attacks no MD activation from Dexterity. Man, you guys have gone straight loco and forgot how to play the damn game since Blade arrived.

Primmer79 wrote: »
    MD is too powerful. There’s not one single class mastery that comes anywhere close to it. I’m sorry that some of you put all your eggs in one basket and just ranked all Mystics for defense and are therefore butthurt over Blade. But it was long over due for the reign of Mystics in AW to end. And I have MD 5 unlocked, so I myself have invested, but I was also tired to seeing a sea of purple in AW. So now that we got that out of the way, let’s discuss why Blade can’t reduce MD. It makes no sense that parry can be reduced which is a mastery, but MD can’t.

referencing blade instead of "ability accuracy" will get more people against you, than for you. Ask why BW, elektra, AA, etc cant affect MD, when they can affect parry

I didn’t post to make buds or get high fives. I wanted a discussion. I don’t know anyone here and could really care less who’s with me or against me. Nor am I going to get mad at someone that gives an honest opinion.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Mystic dispersion isn’t an ability. It’s a mastery. It can’t be reduced unless you have a way to reduce the power being gained
    JFerg114 wrote: »
    Come on peeps, read the description, the only way to counter MD is to not have Buffs that expire, if it's Passive then you're good. Bait heavy attacks no MD activation from Dexterity. Man, you guys have gone straight loco and forgot how to play the damn game since Blade arrived.

Get back to me when you have a higher War rating than 1246. Then you can tell me I don’t know how to play.

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    If blade could turn off Md then he should have the same chance to turn off every master which is stupid. Also, there is a node that allow the AI to parry so parry has always been considered a defensive ability in the game even though as a player you unlock it with a mastery
  • Stark78AlfaStark78Alfa Posts: 502
    ... let’s discuss why Blade can’t reduce MD. It makes no sense that parry can be reduced which is a mastery, but MD can’t.

It makes no sense Blade being able to reduce MD. Parry is a mastery that deals with one's blocking ability. MD is a mastery that deals with your oponent's buffs. If your Blade doesn't have buffs, you have no problem with MD.
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    MD is passive flat power gain. Parry causes an active stun. No reason for him to reduce it.
  • rage1224 wrote: »

Money

MC

Money

MC

Hey Madcat! What up brother. I agree! End discussion.
  • BrandonisBatmanBrandonisBatman Posts: 105
    Can you explain why it should ?

I'm still laughing at this
    Primmer79 wrote: »

I didn’t post to make buds or get high fives. I wanted a discussion. I don’t know anyone here and could really care less who’s with me or against me. Nor am I going to get mad at someone that gives an honest opinion.

I kind of wanted to push the discussion that way. Danger Sense affects abilities, and MD has always been a pain in the arse. I would love for ability reducers to affect MD. @Deadbyrd9 there is a node ability that allows them to gain power when a buff expires.
    So it looks like the consensus is that it shouldn’t. Guess I’ll have to accept that. Don’t totally agree, but what can ya do.
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    Because ability accuracy reducers don't effect passive power gain? It's a completely different ability. You want to reduce MD then use Void or GG. Or a power locker. Still won't be as effective as Blade though.
    Look, please stop with the “there’s ways to deal with MD” comments. We know. This isn’t a noob discussion about strategies for dealing with MD. That wasn’t my question. Thanks for the tips though.
  • Mystic Dispersion is not affected by Ability Accuracy reduction because it is not an ability, buff, nor a passive effect The Stun on Parry is a defensive ability that can be affected by Ability Accuracy reduction.
    Mystic Dispersion is not affected by Ability Accuracy reduction because it is not an ability, buff, nor a passive effect The Stun on Parry is a defensive ability that can be affected by Ability Accuracy reduction.

Thanks
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    So it looks like the consensus is that it shouldn’t. Guess I’ll have to accept that. Don’t totally agree, but what can ya do.

I don't see anyone answering the question you asked. Blade doesn't counter MD, Blade counters Dimensional Beings by use of Danger Sense. The higher the power bar he has, the quicker things like Degen from Dorm or Limbo from Magik go away. He has a chance to reduce those abilities as well. As Kabam Miike said, MD isn't an actual buff but a passive effect. Danger Sense doesn't affect MD at all. The fights are easier against Dorm and Magik because of danger sense and the extra attack he gains.
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

I don't see anyone answering the question you asked. Blade doesn't counter MD, Blade counters Dimensional Beings by use of Danger Sense. The higher the power bar he has, the quicker things like Degen from Dorm or Limbo from Magik go away. He has a chance to reduce those abilities as well. As Kabam Miike said, MD isn't an actual buff but a passive effect. Danger Sense doesn't affect MD at all. The fights are easier against Dorm and Magik because of danger sense and the extra attack he gains.

Finally an intelligent answer that makes sense.