**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Seems like Blade has eliminated a lot of the typical AW boss choices. Who now??

HQ101HQ101 Posts: 422 ★★
Never thought I would see the day our R4 Five Star Magik with 5/5 Mystic Dispersion got Zero Kills as AW boss, but with all the high level Blades out there, she is all but unviable now. How about Modok? No, Blade shuts him down too. Mephisto? Nope.. Blade Danger Sense.

And problem is, nobody has seemed to come along to fill these spots.

So, what now?

Who now??

Comments

• JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Addyos wrote: »
    Medusa, Iceman, OG Spider-Man. Blade can't kill everybody. There are many viable choices still.

Exactly. Yondu 5* As well. Any non mystic/villains will help your situation. Iceman is probably top 2 in choices. Medusa can still bleed while she’s probably more tricky to fight against if you don’t have a nullifier.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    In the current meta, every defender has a hard-counter. No matter who you put on boss, because it is a visible node, the opponent should be able to plan for it and bring in the best counter for that boss. Blade doesn't have any inherent advantage over bosses like Medusa and Hyperion. Dormammu boss does fine against Blade too. But those bosses have their own counters as well. The current meta right now favors strong attack teams over strong defense teams. Blade is still a great attacker but now that people have figured out 90% of people bring Blade to attack, they are learning better placements against him. If you were still placing Magik as AW boss it may take some time for new placement strategies to trickle down to you.
  • HQ101HQ101 Posts: 422 ★★
    This is starting to feel like the days MCOC was divided between those who had pre-nerf Scarlet Witch and those who didnt. I would never ever call for the nerf of a champ, but really hope more viable defender options against Blade come faster than a trickle.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Dorm is still a pain in the ass. Even with Blade (unless you're using a triple boosted 5/65 blade with special boosts on top against a lower ranked Dorm. Then it's less of a pain)
  • HQ101HQ101 Posts: 422 ★★
    edited March 2018
    With Blade having Danger Sense against both Mystics and Villains with certain synergies, I was wondering if Dorm still held up as boss against him.
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    As I keep saying Blade isn't the answer to everything
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    U totally wrong. Spider man still a great boss. Iceman, Medusa still great boss. They can't be killed easily. Even dorm do well against blade.
  • NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    edited March 2018
    Everyone will get the boss down so it doesn’t matter. They can see who the boss and minis are so it’s best to hide the harder champs that can’t be seen and time to selve those magiks and mammus cuz even if they are hidden they will use blade on all mystics. But it doesn’t even take a blade. I soloed a 5* 4/55 mammu this war on a mini with a 4* rulk. There’s so many other champs that can take out mystics if you know how to fight them
  • SperaSpera Posts: 152
    How about agent venom?
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    Jordan128 wrote: »
    Everyone will get the boss down so it doesn’t matter.

mjprecapfwhj.jpg

So outside of mystic defenders what excuse do players have for not soloing a boss with rank 5 5* attackers? Blade or not, aw was never really hard for any other reason then mystics defenders. People can bring in Hyperion, Medusa or whoever for attack now that mystics defenders have been curved and if they want to set up an all mystic defense then let them get wrecked until they learn their lesson.

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Magik hasn’t been a good boss choice since AA joined the contest. I could easily one shot a magik before blade came out with an AA. One of our guys used to solo her with voodoo. She has a lot of counters. Dorm and Medusa are the best options imo but they have their counters as well
    What’s stopping anyone from getting the full attacker bonus without using blade and just using any other rank 5 5*? You could just sit back and spam specials and heavies with Hyperion or powerlock with magik if it’s not against an autoblocker or evader and even then they have their counters. That combined with piloting makes it’s seem like a moot point in higher tiers.
  • SlickpeteySlickpetey Posts: 89
    A guy in my alliance has been solo’ing Magik with Archangel for quite a while now
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    What about King Groot as AW Boss? I don't think he is tagged as villain

I know lol
    What about King Groot as AW Boss? I don't think he is tagged as villain

He is and isn’t very hard with or without blade, just intercept, bait out special ones, heavies and rinse.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★
    Blade can't take dorm, MS, spidey for example (as bosses), Magik needs power gain to make it rough on blade.
    Does anyone think rank 5 5* mystics with md maxed would make a difference to blade? I could see it working on lower tiers with dorm, but maybe not at the top and even then in that scenero magik would probably work better then blade.
    Jordan128 wrote: »
    Lunae wrote: »
    What’s stopping anyone from getting the full attacker bonus without using blade and just using any other rank 5 5*? You could just sit back and spam specials and heavies with Hyperion or powerlock with magik if it’s not against an autoblocker or evader and even then they have their counters. That combined with piloting makes it’s seem like a moot point in higher tiers.

Again your talking about things I never referred to.

Nothing is stopping them, never said there was.

Yep you can do that, and a number of different approaches..... never said you couldn't.

All I said was to the guy who said everyone can get the boss down, as opposed to soloing the boss

#ITMATTERS

I thought he meant everyone as anyone, not as in a group effort #MYMISTAKE
    Rektor wrote: »
    It’s funny watching people explain the various choices to OP and then watch as he ignores all your posts to get straight to his point about nerfing blade.

Nerf Ghulk while you’re at it. He destroys dorm, magik, and mephisto easier than blade and doesn’t need a specific team to do it.

Lol if I pulled ghulk I wouldn’t even use blade, id just use iceman magik and him. Bringing in ghost is really a bigger burden then people say, at least to me, not that it matters with spidey on the team since he can just handle the villains anyway.

• SperaSpera Posts: 152
    I mostly bring blade in my aw attack team just for the 3 poise he gives spidey (my path is mostly bleed immune) and unless the mini boss/boss prompt danger sense ,I don't even use him ... most of the time I don't even bring ghost rider as my third ... I bring magik