**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Suggestions for Season 2 of AW

Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
I wanted to offer my suggestions for the future AW Seasons after having experienced this one. Not every idea is my own original one, some I saw elsewhere, some are mine. I think all of these ideas would serve to vastly improve the AW Season experience.

1) A season should be shorter. 2 months is a long time. Morale in a lot of alliances is flagging. I think having each season be a month long would be ideal, but if that is too short, perhaps a month and a half long with a half month cool down in between seasons could also work.

2) Ties need to be fixed. Right now a tie is a loss for both sides. That really sucks, as a tie should be better than a loss. I think the rewards for the individual war should be exactly half of what they would've been for a win, and the 50K bonus season points for winning should be split with 25K to each team.

3) The number of attack points available needs to increase from 3 for mini boss and boss nodes. Nothing is more frustrating than being more diverse than your opponent and dying less than them and still losing due to kill concentration. I would suggest it increase from 3 to 5 for mini bosses and from 3 to 10 for bosses. Side meta note, current system encourages alliances to put their best defenders on lanes instead of as bosses and minis. That's just weird.

4) The same map every time gets stale. Why not use the same function Modok's lab does, and create new maps each week? That gives officers more to do during the 24 hours for placement, and also will give arise to new strategies for both defense and attack, improving the war experience on both ends. Furthermore, nodes like Villiany and the one that reverses healing might lead to more diversity in the choices people make for their attack phase team. This idea might take some time to implement, more than my other suggestions, but I feel it is the most important one. It would really keep war fresh fighting on a map 3 times then getting a new one.

If anyone else has any suggestions or feedback about AW Seasons, feel free to add them to this thread.

Comments

• GreenstrokeGreenstroke Posts: 291
    + scoring sucks, people in t3 get almost the same exact amount of points by losing a battle as a t4 winning a battle, you simply cant catch up during the season.
  • KynnyKynny Posts: 104
    Bring back full defender kills scrap diversity..
  • battleonebattleone Posts: 286 ★★
    + scoring sucks, people in t3 get almost the same exact amount of points by losing a battle as a t4 winning a battle, you simply cant catch up during the season.

Yeah the multiplier should be like how they nerfed diversity to be a tiebreaker. Having a higher war rating shouldnt make it your divine right to score a ton more points.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    I think the multiplier should be only map based. There shouldn't be different multipliers within tiers running the identical map.
  • Ghostspider231Ghostspider231 Posts: 297 ★★★
    I suggest if you leave/get booted from an alliance midseason that the rewards shouldn't vest after five wars, but that the rewards should be diluted based on how long you were in the alliance during the season. Hypothetically, if you leave an alliance during a 10 week season 5 weeks into the season, you only get 50% of the rewards in your next alliance. But you should also get 50% of the rewards of your previous alliance.
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    Am I the only one that doesn’t want a rotating map?

I’d like less things to worry about and less things to do😂
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I like the 3 bonuses on the minis. Makes the points more valuable to winning the war since those nodes are tougher than most leading up to them.

If you died more on the nodes leading up to the mini bosses than your opponent but lose because they died more to minis doesnt mean your alliance had more skill. Your alliance died more on the easier nodes so that doesn’t equate to skill to me.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Attack points increase = Even more piloting
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    The rewards are too intense for a monthly season, they would be reduced if that’s the case to half of what they currently are.

Then I would assume too many would complain, even though theoretically it would be the right thing to do, as in 2 seasons (1 month each) you would equate to the same as 1 current season now.
    The rewards are too intense for a monthly season, they would be reduced if that’s the case to half of what they currently are.

Then I would assume too many would complain, even though theoretically it would be the right thing to do, as in 2 seasons (1 month each) you would equate to the same as 1 current season now.

I completely disagree with you on that. The rewards are small for 2 months worth of best effort war fighting
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Mcord117 wrote: »
    The cost in units and glory spent on potions in high end alliances to avoid deaths over the course of 2 months makes the rewards in my eyes insufficient. I don’t think people are stepping back to see the big picture of how much is being invested, boost, potions, etc

I don’t think insufficient, but agree that it is a huge investment due to the structure of war. Every bg has to clear 100 or you’re leaving season pts on the table. It’s a real grind on a lot of allies right now.

And just wait until players are kicked in the next couple weeks, there will be some big complaints about missing war season rewards.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    I suggest if you leave/get booted from an alliance midseason that the rewards shouldn't vest after five wars, but that the rewards should be diluted based on how long you were in the alliance during the season. Hypothetically, if you leave an alliance during a 10 week season 5 weeks into the season, you only get 50% of the rewards in your next alliance. But you should also get 50% of the rewards of your previous alliance.

Disagree.... cus maybe your old ally steps up after you leave.... maybe you were the one holding them back... maybe they get rewards from a bracket or two higher than they would have if u stayed....
    U dont deserve that????
    But on the other hand i would hate to be the bloke that gets kicked right before season ends and gets noting
    I see everyone here talking about war being easy....
    Well i dunno how it is at the top.... cus my ally aint there.... depening on our matchups we drift between tier 5 and tier 9..... and certainly at this level defenders are getting kills....
    There is us who sometimes get 0 or only 1 boss down....
    Last war we got 2 and our opponent got none.....
    I very hardly see any war where all 3 bosses come down and have almost never seen all 3 from both sides down. We still place our champs and our defence in a manner to get kills and do damage.

So if it is so easy at the top then i think kabam need to change the nodes.
    Add a higher level so now at tier 7 and 8 we stay with wat we have but maybe once you reach tier 4 then the nodes get stepped up to present a challenge for you.
    This will also help stop allies who are not good enough from encroaching into the higher tiers purely by getting a string of 10 favourable matchups and therefore a bunch of wins. Cus even a favourable matchup with harder nodes will pose a big challenge
  • TBJ1118TBJ1118 Posts: 228
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    Well i dunno how it is at the top.... cus my ally aint there.... depening on our matchups we drift between tier 5 and tier 9..... and certainly at this level defenders are getting kills....
    I very hardly see any war where all 3 bosses come down and have almost never seen all 3 from both sides down. We still place our champs and our defence in a manner to get kills and do damage.

Add a higher level so now at tier 7 and 8 we stay with wat we have but maybe once you reach tier 4 then the nodes get stepped up to present a challenge for you.
    This will also help stop allies who are not good enough from encroaching into the higher tiers purely by getting a string of 10 favourable matchups and therefore a bunch of wins. Cus even a favourable matchup with harder nodes will pose a big challenge

No one gets in tier 1 by chance. The nodes here are crazy hard, but we boost and heal up at every node to be sure not to give kills, as both alliances are forced to 100% with the least amount of kills given
    edited March 2018
    TBJ1118 wrote: »

No one gets in tier 1 by chance. The nodes here are crazy hard, but we boost and heal up at every node to be sure not to give kills, as both alliances are forced to 100% with the least amount of kills given

I never said tier 1.....
    And this was merely a suggestion aimed toward all the people who are saying war is easy and no longer a challenge and that they always get 100%.....

Which is why insuggested a change to the very top tier nodes only as to not affect the average player with good skills who still finds wars a challenge....

I personally think it is insane how much peeps spend each war to stay at the top but each to their own.
    Really it doesnt matter wat is done as some peeps will always open their walllet and fork out endless $$$ to win. Which will then force others to do so to keep up. This is jot the fault of kabam at all. This is all done by the undying desire of peeps to win.
  • TBJ1118TBJ1118 Posts: 228

I never said tier 1.....
    And this was merely a suggestion aimed toward all the people who are saying war is easy and no longer a challenge and that they always get 100%.....

Which is why insuggested a change to the very top tier nodes only as to not affect the average player with good skills who still finds wars a challenge....

I personally think it is insane how much peeps spend each war to stay at the top but each to their own.
    Really it doesnt matter wat is done as some peeps will always open their walllet and fork out endless $$$ to win. Which will then force others to do so to keep up. This is jot the fault of kabam at all. This is all done by the undying desire of peeps to win.

Actually, I am a F2P player >7k prestige with 100% lol and act 5 only with units from arena (99% only reaching the last milestone, I don’t have time to get the featured). I buy potions with glory and earn boosts with daily events. It’s totally feasible to stay in a top alliance and score 0 deaths in war if you are quite skilled and use wisely the resources. I knew blade was necessary for this purpose, so I saved for months and opened 1/9 on his featured 15k. The game is not only for the spenders, but if you don’t spend you have to have good thumbs and plan ahead.
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Have spots where you can place defenders to ambush attackers
    Hulk_77 wrote: »
    I wanted to offer my suggestions for the future AW Seasons after having experienced this one. Not every idea is my own original one, some I saw elsewhere, some are mine. I think all of these ideas would serve to vastly improve the AW Season experience.

1) A season should be shorter. 2 months is a long time. Morale in a lot of alliances is flagging. I think having each season be a month long would be ideal, but if that is too short, perhaps a month and a half long with a half month cool down in between seasons could also work.

2) Ties need to be fixed. Right now a tie is a loss for both sides. That really sucks, as a tie should be better than a loss. I think the rewards for the individual war should be exactly half of what they would've been for a win, and the 50K bonus season points for winning should be split with 25K to each team.

3) The number of attack points available needs to increase from 3 for mini boss and boss nodes. Nothing is more frustrating than being more diverse than your opponent and dying less than them and still losing due to kill concentration. I would suggest it increase from 3 to 5 for mini bosses and from 3 to 10 for bosses. Side meta note, current system encourages alliances to put their best defenders on lanes instead of as bosses and minis. That's just weird.

4) The same map every time gets stale. Why not use the same function Modok's lab does, and create new maps each week? That gives officers more to do during the 24 hours for placement, and also will give arise to new strategies for both defense and attack, improving the war experience on both ends. Furthermore, nodes like Villiany and the one that reverses healing might lead to more diversity in the choices people make for their attack phase team. This idea might take some time to implement, more than my other suggestions, but I feel it is the most important one. It would really keep war fresh fighting on a map 3 times then getting a new one.

If anyone else has any suggestions or feedback about AW Seasons, feel free to add them to this thread.

Point 4, as an officer, NO PLEASE NO!!!!!

Maybe have them change each season then?
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 993 ★★★
    3 to 10 for bosses.

hell no
    edited March 2018
    Instead of new maps why not randomize the nodes so each path has different nodes each war? It'd put a little more thought into which attackers the opponents would have to bring.

That was #4 in my suggestion. I don't care about the pathing, I was referring to the nodes themselves.

The question is how frequently that should happen. My suggestion originally was every week (in conjunction with maintenance). However, it could be monthly and keep each season a month long or something like that. Or every war, but that ends up a bit unfair if some alliances draw crazy harder maps than others.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 993 ★★★

I completely disagree with you on that. The rewards are small for 2 months worth of best effort war fighting

2 months is 24 wars which is okay for those rewards. 1 month is 12 wars which isnt enough for those kinda rewards
    gohard123 wrote: »

2 months is 24 wars which is okay for those rewards. 1 month is 12 wars which isnt enough for those kinda rewards
    gohard123 wrote: »

That's your opinion. As a 7500+ prestige player who plays the expert map, I wholly disagree with you. These rewards are not worth a 2 month timeframe at all. If something doesn't change, it's likely my alliance decides to stop trying and slide down into gold 1 where it will cost us zero. If that happens, Kabam makes no money from us.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★

As aposed to playing it for the last 2 years with konwhere bear these rewards every 2 months?

How do you work out they are so low?

All I know is it seems rigged to keep the top stronger, apart from that they are amazing rewards as a bonus for the rewards after every war.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★

As aposed to playing it for the last 2 years with konwhere bear these rewards every 2 months?

How do you work out they are so low?

All I know is it seems rigged to keep the top stronger, apart from that they are amazing rewards as a bonus for the rewards after every war.

He's probably looking at what he will get when it finishes, not what top 20 will get. Obviously top 20 rewards are too good to get once a month.