**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Meanwhile, in Hyperion arena..

SlySlySlySly Posts: 352 ★★
What?

vvy9bbu3qcbd.png

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Thanos team. Nothing to worry about ...
  • spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    Kang and Thanos cheat. They have multiple Dormammus on their roster.
  • LegendsForgedLegendsForged Posts: 364
    Everytime i use r4 IF.r4 Jane. R3 xforce unduped i come across Cable.Gwenpool.Dormammu everytime i take those 3 and many times the dupe factor rotates among the 3 lol
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Kang and Thanos are both computer-generated. It's possible to have the same Champs.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Kang and Thanos are both computer-generated. It's possible to have the same Champs.

But how do 2 5/50 unduped Dorms have different PI? There are no masteries on these teams...
    Vdh2008 wrote: »

But how do 2 5/50 unduped Dorms have different PI? There are no masteries on these teams...

No idea. It could be the result of total PI parameters. If the total needs to be a certain range, then the last would be amped up to make the difference. I'm just guessing. It's been my experience that the last Match is always harder either way. Not sure the mechanic behind it. It could also be generated larger to match the R4 that is present. Kang and Thanos are usually R5 regardless of the PI.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★

You have quite a good point there. While it is no surprise that a computer-generated team may have duplicates of the same champion, it is indeed a bit odd that the 2 maxed unduped 4* Dormammus have a PI difference, and not just a small PI difference, but quite a huge one of 700.

It's nothing to really start worrying about or being too concerned, but it is quite interesting. I'd love to hear an explanation on this.
  • SlySlySlySly Posts: 352 ★★
    Don't get me wrong, this was the easiest 20k+ points in arena ever,but still...whaaaaat?
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »

You have quite a good point there. While it is no surprise that a computer-generated team may have duplicates of the same champion, it is indeed a bit odd that the 2 maxed unduped 4* Dormammus have a PI difference, and not just a small PI difference, but quite a huge one of 700.

It's nothing to really start worrying about or being too concerned, but it is quite interesting. I'd love to hear an explanation on this.

One is probably the map 5+ AQ Dorm (automatically gains dark energy and becomes imbued) and the other is the normal Dorm
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

Maybe they are not computer generated. Maybe Kang and Thanos randomly pull champions from random players to make their teams, and the PI is pulled from those champions directly rather than being computed automatically from the rank and level.
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Maybe they are not computer generated. Maybe Kang and Thanos randomly pull champions from random players to make their teams, and the PI is pulled from those champions directly rather than being computed automatically from the rank and level.

It's a possibility. Definitely interesting.
    edited June 2017
    What is with the lag, holy ****. Like a slide show
  • smdam38smdam38 Posts: 820 ★★★
    That's pretty shady. Don't get me wrong, the kang and thanos teams are easy, but you gotta wonder about how these are setup.

If there's this big of a mess up, then how many more are there using the same 'random' number generator?
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    Kang

And no one ever saw one with Suicide masteries or WillPower ? I don't think so

TKal wrote: »
    Kang

Not in the Kang or Thanos Teams.
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    Kang

Not in the Kang or Thanos Teams.

That's what I said

• WarChildWarChild Posts: 43
    edited June 2017
    Pretty simple answer for the Dorms PI difference, one is maxed 50/50 level wise and the other is probably 1/50. No conspiracy, legit reason.
    But it says 5/50 for both...
    I think it's generated under certain parameters. They're always 5/50, but it seems the PI is generated to match certain conditions. Whether that's based on your Rank or PI, or a total PI basis, I'm not sure. That's my theory anyway.
  • HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    Dormammu, I've come to bargain.
    What is your bargain?
    Leave Earth, take your eye makeup followers with you, and restore balance to the force by balancing out your alternate self's PI.
    *grumbles* FINE.
    imsosorry
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Superman69 wrote: »
    GbSarkar wrote: »

One is probably the map 5+ AQ Dorm (automatically gains dark energy and becomes imbued) and the other is the normal Dorm

What he means is One has the power of LAG with him, the other doesn't.

This is the best comment in this thread, had me laughing for quite awhile!
  • SpiritSpirit Posts: 222
    Superman69 wrote: »
    GbSarkar wrote: »

What he means is One has the power of LAG with him, the other doesn't.

My only regret is that I can only press on either LOL, Agree or insightful and not all the three!!
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Kang

I think you missed the point about non-calculated PI. If two champs are identical, we expect them to have the same PI because the PI has to be calculated the same way. But that assumes PI is always calculated. If it is not calculated, then it is possible that the computer could pull your Dormammu out of your roster to fill a Kang team, take your PI for that Dormammu, but in the computer generated team none of those champions would have the masteries of the players they were copied from.

That's how you get two "identical" champions with different PI. The different PI would be because they were borrowed from different players with different masteries, but those masteries aren't active for the actual AI team.
  • TripleD_FenrirTripleD_Fenrir Posts: 146
    I'm pretty sure the second Dormammu has that AQ node (maybe map 5, definitely map 6) which gives him permanent Dark Energy generation. Pretty sure it's a bug, frequent one too. Shows up only on Thanos or Kang Dormammus (Dormammi? IDK) in arena.