**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Mephisto soul imprisonment broken in war

I have been taking mephisto in for AW attack and opponents are still activating buff's at the start of the fight. For example UC was immidiately unstoppable and hyperion was gaining power with soul imprisonment active. Only in war has this happened.

Comments

• AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    u1et7rl19tlj.png
  • Klown22Klown22 Posts: 3
    It was happening on node 18.
  • I have also noticed this. I just fought a hype and he got his power gain before the end of souls imprisonment. This happened on node 18 for me as well.
  • SperaSpera Posts: 152
    I searched threads and didn't want to create a new one since it occurred to me after reading my search results that Mephisto is broken now
    My situation:
    Just faught Mephisto in arena and he didn't regain ANYTHING (he had 3 souls) despite the regain text popping up , on top of that he was still taking dmg from my hits
    No it wasnt blade fighting, I was using cap
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    Mephisto's soul imprisonment doesn't straight up prevent buff activations the way Iceman's coldsnap fully prevents evade. The way Mephisto's soul imprisonment description is worded is that it "reduces their chance to activate buffs by 100%". Node 18 is an enhanced abilities node(+20% chance on abilities), so that 100% reduction actually still leaves a small chance for abilities to trigger each time they would normally activate.
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    Spera wrote: »
    I searched threads and didn't want to create a new one since it occurred to me after reading my search results that Mephisto is broken now
    My situation:
    Just faught Mephisto in arena and he didn't regain ANYTHING (he had 3 souls) despite the regain text popping up , on top of that he was still taking dmg from my hits
    No it wasnt blade fighting, I was using cap

Do you have assassin mastery?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    I believe this was discussed before. It doesn't apply to Buffs that activate automatically at the beginning of the Fighr.
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    I believe this was discussed before. It doesn't apply to Buffs that activate automatically at the beginning of the Fighr.

It does actually apply to buffs automatically activated at the beginning of the fight. The fact that it wasn't at one point was a bug that was fixed a few months ago. However, what they're experiencing isn't a bug, but a result of the node and the way Mephisto's ability is worded. I haven't had any issues stopping Hyperion from activating power gain on other nodes in AW with Mephisto.
  • Klown22Klown22 Posts: 3
    Thanks for the help guys. I appreciate all the input