**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Jumpers and AW Season Rewards - Maybe AW Season too long?

From an Alliance that was at the bottom of Gold1 and top of Gold2 (bouncing). We were heading higher. Until someone jumped.

We have found that people are alliance Jumping more than ever with $$$ in their eyes, eying platinum. My alliances effort to move up was wrecked by one such person. Someone I never thought would become a jumper.

And then trying to replace him was even worse as people only wanted to join Platinum alliances. I saw some crazy demands on the Facebook group. People demanding Platinum (and never getting it) that I wouldn't even consider in Gold1/Gold2. And definitely not able to replace the guy we lost with an equal player.

The effort of recruiting to replace Burnouts from AW effort, spending being so high, and people chasing wild dreams is a killer.

Also the rewards are soooooo grand in differences between levels, people are jumping even quicker. Wrecking alliances. I've talked to other alliances having the same issues.

It just seems AW season is just too long causing such a temptation to jump. If people want to change, that is fine in the beginning of seasons, but not now so late. But that timeframe where a jumper can kill you season is just so long.

Could AW seasons be shorter? I'm not saying lesson the rewards for the same timeframe, but split it up into half along with the length.

Not sure if that will even work. Just know while seasons is really cool idea, it is causing lots of tension in alliances.

Comments

• DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Ozzziie wrote: »
    From an Alliance that was at the bottom of Gold1 and top of Gold2 (bouncing). We were heading higher. Until someone jumped.

We have found that people are alliance Jumping more than ever with $$$ in their eyes, eying platinum. My alliances effort to move up was wrecked by one such person. Someone I never thought would become a jumper.

And then trying to replace him was even worse as people only wanted to join Platinum alliances. I saw some crazy demands on the Facebook group. People demanding Platinum (and never getting it) that I wouldn't even consider in Gold1/Gold2. And definitely not able to replace the guy we lost with an equal player.

The effort of recruiting to replace Burnouts from AW effort, spending being so high, and people chasing wild dreams is a killer.

Also the rewards are soooooo grand in differences between levels, people are jumping even quicker. Wrecking alliances. I've talked to other alliances having the same issues.

It just seems AW season is just too long causing such a temptation to jump. If people want to change, that is fine in the beginning of seasons, but not now so late. But that timeframe where a jumper can kill you season is just so long.

Could AW seasons be shorter? I'm not saying lesson the rewards for the same timeframe, but split it up into half along with the length.

Not sure if that will even work. Just know while seasons is really cool idea, it is causing lots of tension in alliances.

Good points. Kabam said that AW Seasons would be adjusted for season 2, they're going to have a lot of feedback to consider when deciding what adjustments to make. I have also seen many players giving a list of demands for joining a new alliance, it definitely gets out of hand.

Top tier alliances look for multiple things when recruiting, roster and skill being some of them. Availability and how you get along with your alliance mates is also important. AW MVP is a poor measurement of skill, but it's difficult to gauge skill without seeing footage of someone playing. Before AW Seasons clearing your path was close to all that mattered, now clearing your path without losing attack bonus is all that matters.

To address your comment, anyone who demands to join an alliance in platinum tier without having multiple r3-r4 5* strong options for AW defense (MODOK, Void, Medusa, Dormammu, Classic Spidey, Hyperion, Killmonger, Juggernaut, Green Goblin, etc.) should be ignored. Platinum and master tier alliances have plenty of skilled players, if your defense can't hang in those tiers you won't be contributing much to those alliances.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★

Unfortunately need 5 aw's to get rewards will make a lot of people start jumping for better rewards now. Which really sucks if you are a guy that gets kicked and you spent 95% of the season in the alliance. You are now out of those rewards. I think the system needs some tweaking but it's hard to prevent this stuff from happening. It's not good for the game because it can be a negative thing for a lot of the player base but right now it is what it is. Hopefully Kabam has a few things in mind for season 2.
  • OzzziieOzzziie Posts: 35
    edited March 2018
    Oh, I personally could easily move up there, both roster and skill. My defense is r3 5*, with 1 r4 Spidey.
    But I like my alliance and I'm trying to keep it together. I'd r4 another defender, but I'm going to r4 my shiny new blade. (yeah, a little brag happy, took way to many blade crystals and crying for that one blade.)

The hard part in our case is keeping people from being tempted to jump while working your way up the tiers. Seeing that pot of gold with no effort is just too tempting for some. And with the Burn out turn over in the higher alliances, just makes it worse.

If you loose a top tier fighter, it can set you back for many wars. Do you start a aw down 1? Do you wait and get someone in? (not recommended). that one person cost us at least 500k season points as we made the wrong decision to wait for someone to come in, who joined late and we missed starting 1 aw before the 8pm PST.

Besides points, it cost us an aw tier, lesser multiplier, and season points. Starting an AW late or missing one is huge. Worse than loosing. Though having issues with both is devastating.

And i'm open to other ideas, but it just seems shorter Seasons would lessen that impact.
  • HeartlessHeartless Posts: 298 ★★
    They definitely need to take a long break in-between seasons and figure out something for season2. Take all the feedback given to them from bottom alliances all the way to top ones. If I were going to try and fix it, I would up the requirement of how long you have to be in an alliance, make it 2/3 of the season to qualify for rewards, that would stop jumpers trying to get higher and can stop people being kicked because no one would want to replace a jumper because they wouldn't qualify for rewards. they also need to balance out the rewards some more, the difference from master to platinum to even gold 1 is so far apart, you feel left out if you don't get in to a higher tier. Also should be given a break in-between seasons but still allowed to do wars so that it gives a small break from super competitive war play.
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »

Unfortunately need 5 aw's to get rewards will make a lot of people start jumping for better rewards now. Which really sucks if you are a guy that gets kicked and you spent 95% of the season in the alliance. You are now out of those rewards. I think the system needs some tweaking but it's hard to prevent this stuff from happening. It's not good for the game because it can be a negative thing for a lot of the player base but right now it is what it is. Hopefully Kabam has a few things in mind for season 2.

Think about how an officer feels when they know someone isn't cutting it, they need to replace them with someone better, but know they are either going to screw 1, or hurt the other 29 people as well. No good options at this point.

And what if your the alliance someone left from? Good luck replacing them.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Season 1 is very long IMO. Its delayed gratification, but waiting that long for rewards of any kind makes me lose interest. We have people in my alliance that come and go, but we also have some solid guys that stay and just play for fun. I still don't like AW because it locks too many champs and is SLOW..🐌.
  • HeartlessHeartless Posts: 298 ★★
    Also one last thing they should change is attack bonus for aw bosses and mini bosses, they should be worth more. if my alliance is one shotting their bosses and they are dying like crazy on ours, we should get some benefits from that. attack bonus on bosses should be double what normal nodes are, so normal node has 3 bonuses before you lose them, bosses should have 5-6.
  • NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    Increasing the the amount of wars to receive the season rewards is just wrong. It forces a player that doesn’t want to be in the alliance to remain there unhappy and then gives the leadership too much power and have to worry about being kicked. It’s a game deal with it. If they want to leave that’s their prerogative. Don’t force someone to remain Somewhere they don’t want to be. There’s a place like that already and it’s called prison
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Some good points here. I hope kabam opens up a survey we can all enter at the end of this season to see what changes need to be made.

I strongly believe the “aw season” should be similar to the aq seasons. Weekly rewards. Also making slight changes from the gold 1 tier and up of rewards. Just slight changes...
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Well.. instead of 5 wars to qualify for season rewards, make it 5 losses. If someone wants to jump to a particularly strong alliance, good luck waiting for that 5 losses.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Kabam said that AW Seasons would be adjusted for season 2, they're going to have a lot of feedback to consider when deciding what adjustments to make. I have also seen many players giving a list of demands for joining a new alliance, it definitely gets out of hand.

Thanks for the info :) Looking forward to an improvised AW season, and hopefully not a few rounds of bad AW saga like before :)
  • KynnyKynny Posts: 104
    xNig wrote: »
    Well.. instead of 5 wars to qualify for season rewards, make it 5 losses. If someone wants to jump to a particularly strong alliance, good luck waiting for that 5 losses.

So the top allaince wont get rewards as they won't lose 5 wars?
  • Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    Jumping will happen regardless. Some are team players some are not. The length of aw seasons is way too long and that needs addressed. I was in my alliance well before season started have some bad luck and go into surgery so had to step out of a platinum alliance that's on the verge of master to any random that is happy for me missing some days. It is kinda unfair I worked so hard for so long I'll get nothing for it. That's my feedback shorten the seasons.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Wil6541 wrote: »
    Jumping will happen regardless. Some are team players some are not. The length of aw seasons is way too long and that needs addressed. I was in my alliance well before season started have some bad luck and go into surgery so had to step out of a platinum alliance that's on the verge of master to any random that is happy for me missing some days. It is kinda unfair I worked so hard for so long I'll get nothing for it. That's my feedback shorten the seasons.

5 Wars is reasonable. This is true. Jumping will happen, but there's not alot you can do that doesn't allow people to move for legitimate reasons. The issue with shortening the Season is the Rewards will likely be adjusted too.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Kynny wrote: »
    xNig wrote: »

So the top allaince wont get rewards as they won't lose 5 wars?

Definitely should be tweaked. But what can be done is to screenshot the players in the alliances when seasons begin. When seasons end, those who were in the alliance from start to end will qualify for seasons rewards by default.

Those who arent there at the start has to have either 10 wins or 5 losses in the ally.

What I am trying to accomplish here is to make the duration to attain season rewards as blurry as possible to discourage jumpers.

The situation we are in now, at this time, is that we have a lot of jumpers wanting to jump into higher ranked alliances. By tagging the rewards with an unknown variable such as wins or losses, it discourages jumpers from trying their luck. Because one misstep that something doesn’t go according to plan, he loses seasons rewards entirely.
    How about u not worry about jumpers? They will miss out on rewards if they are “jumpers”. Again forcing someone to remain when they don’t want to be so u can get better rewards is just wrong
  • Morning_GoryMorning_Gory Posts: 44
    I would say make it similar as other alliance rewards, If you jump mid-season no rewards at all. Or make it offset, lets say you need to spend 3-4 weeks with alliance to be considered for season rewards. This will make people that compete for the season rewards think twice about jumping around.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★

5 Wars is reasonable. This is true. Jumping will happen, but there's not alot you can do that doesn't allow people to move for legitimate reasons. The issue with shortening the Season is the Rewards will likely be adjusted too.

I would be fine with that! More, shorter seasons would be great!
    Having it same as AQ with weekly rewards is way better than trying to make people stay in an alliance for your own benefit
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    Why should someone be forced to stay in ally if they dont want to be? "Jumpers" have every right to do so, as annoying as it may be.
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    The overall problem is the size of the alliances, 30 people is way too many. 7-10 players is more than enough.

Spurgeo14 wrote: »

I would be fine with that! More, shorter seasons would be great!

That's not what I meant. The Rewards are scaled for the amount of time. Shorter Seasons would mean less Rewards.
    Having it same as AQ with weekly rewards is way better than trying to make people stay in an alliance for your own benefit

No one is forcing anyone to stay. If people want to leave they can leave. They just don't get the Rewards they would have if they stayed. It's the same for individual Wars.
    edited March 2018

No one is forcing anyone to stay. If people want to leave they can leave. They just don't get the Rewards they would have if they stayed. It's the same for individual Wars.

What does this mean? Making it so a person won’t recieve rewards for a longer period of time is a horrible idea. To cater to your needs that u don’t want people to leave for your benefit is just wrong. Do u really want this looming over someone that doesn’t want to be there? If they don’t want to be there, do u really want someone in your ally that doesn’t want to be there? They could ef u over right before they leave. Don’t be selfish. This is all cuz your mad someone left. Get over your self

I can’t believe I replied to this Malaka. Should’ve looked at who it was first

What does this mean? Making it so a person won’t recieve rewards for a longer period of time is a horrible idea. To cater to your needs that u don’t want people to leave for your benefit is just wrong. Do u really want this looming over someone that doesn’t want to be there? If they don’t want to be there, do u really want someone in your ally that doesn’t want to be there? They could ef u over right before they leave. Don’t be selfish. This is all cuz your mad someone left. Get over your self

I can’t believe I replied to this Malaka. Should’ve looked at who it was first

You seem to be confused. I'm talking about the system as it is now. It's fine the way it is. Having a Blackout for Season Rewards means people who receive Rewards put in a minimum requirement of effort. You're implying someone is being forced to stay. No one has a gun to anyone. People are free to join whatever Ally and leave as they please. However, with the system as it is now, people won't be able to jump in and claim Rewards at the last minute, and they will have to be in the Ally at the time the Rewards are given to receive them, if they qualify. No one is making anyone stay in any system. There are just conditions to qualifying for the Rewards.
  • The_GrandmasterThe_Grandmaster Posts: 205
    I agree the season is too long for the rewards being given, except maybe for the top few brackets. Anyway my idea would be to have a long Blackout period in which people will not be allowed into AW after a certain date. They can still join a new alliance but wont be able to participate in AW until the next season starts. This will deter people from quitting an alliance just to go to a better ranked alliance near the end of the season and also will deter alliances from keeping bad apples early on or kicking someone unfairly after the deadline because they wouldn't be able to replace them until war season is over. The person would still be able to take part in AQ and other events but would remain blacked out of AW until the next season. The ideal deadline would have to be determined in order to make this idea doable.
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Seasons should be a month long. Good concept but a bit long. Also they need to get serious about enforcing TOS violations or revising them.
    I agree the season is too long for the rewards being given, except maybe for the top few brackets. Anyway my idea would be to have a long Blackout period in which people will not be allowed into AW after a certain date. They can still join a new alliance but wont be able to participate in AW until the next season starts. This will deter people from quitting an alliance just to go to a better ranked alliance near the end of the season and also will deter alliances from keeping bad apples early on or kicking someone unfairly after the deadline because they wouldn't be able to replace them until war season is over. The person would still be able to take part in AQ and other events but would remain blacked out of AW until the next season. The ideal deadline would have to be determined in order to make this idea doable.

The problem is that's not practical in terms of the Blackout because people need to maintain a certain number of Members. Anything can happen, and Members leave for whatever reason. That would cause a serious detriment to the Ally's ability to compete in the Season. If someone is removed or leaves, you're left with a blank spot. It's not fair to handicap Allies.
    edited March 2018
    I agree, Blackout periods and punishing for having to leave shouldn't be the issue.

#####
    And as an update on my Jumper, he's coming back with his tail between his legs because he got booted without warning even though he was doing his lines. Most likely he was the most expendable, and the alliances post found someone with better champs.

We took him back because we had someone smash their only device and he can't get a new one for a month or longer. Might be done with the game.

Another guy's wife is having a hard pregnancy, and he might have to quit for a while.

So you never know why you will loose someone. I lost 1 unexpectedly, and one maybe later. It happens.

I just want to lessen the impact to the other 29. The long duration is hard to hold 30 people together for. That is the problem.

Also, these people who spent 6 weeks in an alliance will get nothing. That is a ton of work for nothing.

Lastly, now that we are close or about to enter that last 5 AW blackout period, it is harder and harder to find people. I have a sister alliance that has sent out 30 invites talking with people, and they can't get anyone. Which makes their situation worse, etc ,etc.