**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

No 4* champion from 250+ phc.. Is that a bug.

rdxevilrdxevil Posts: 231 ★★
I know most of you will say it's just a matter of luck... But it's more than 250 crystals and drop rates shows 2%.. That means I should have got five 4* champion.. But nothing yet... Few 3* champs and all 2* duplicate champions...

Anyone else faced this issue... How can I be so unlucky ??

Comments

• Options
    Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    Rng...
  • Options
    Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    It's like rolling a dice with the same odds for example a dice with a 6 sides will not always land on alol the numbers randomly.
  • Options
    It's like rolling a dice with the same odds for example a dice with a 6 sides will not always land on alol the numbers randomly.

I completely agree... But I have rolled 250+ times.. And I know it's not completely random.. It's programming..
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    You can have 0 out of 1000 or 1000 out of 1000. Is 2% per crystal
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Don't you think that's completely unfair.. And probability doesn't work that way... As far as I know...

I can bet that no one in history have got 10 of 10 4* champion from phc
  • Options
    MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    No, that's life.
  • Options
    rdxevil wrote: »

Don't you think that's completely unfair.. And probability doesn't work that way... As far as I know...

I can bet that no one in history have got 10 of 10 4* champion from phc

Probability works that way. Is set up to be 2% for each crystal, not 2% in a crystal and 0% in the next one.
    Probably no one ever got 10x 4-stars out of 10x crystals, but that doesn't mean itis impossible to happen
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    well... The probability of NOT getting a 4* with a single PHC is 98%.

However, if my math isn't totally wrong, the probability of NOT getting a 4* with 250 PCH is 0,6% (0,98 up 250).

So to put it in simple terms: You are the unluckier than the unlucky 1%...
  • Options
    Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    It's a 2% chance based on ALL crystals being opened throughout the game at any given moment.

2% does not mean that 2 out of every 100 crystals you open with yield a 4* champ. It means that 2 out of every 100 crystals being opened game-wide will yield a 4*.

Imagine you're playing a slot machine that has a fixed 2% chance of hitting the jackpot. That means if you pulled the handle 50 times in a row, you would hit the jackpot at some point in those 50 turns.

Now, imagine if that 1 slot machine had about 500k handles attached to it and 500k people are also playing.

Still think you're gonna hit that jackpot 1 out of every 50 pulls?
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Cihag wrote: »

However, if my math isn't totally wrong, the probability of NOT getting a 4* with 250 PCH is 0,6% (0,98 up 250).

Your math is wrong.

• Options
    It's a 2% chance based on ALL crystals being opened throughout the game at any given moment.

2% does not mean that 2 out of every 100 crystals you open with yield a 4* champ. It means that 2 out of every 100 crystals being opened game-wide will yield a 4*.

Imagine you're playing a slot machine that has a fixed 2% chance of hitting the jackpot. That means if you pulled the handle 50 times in a row, you would hit the jackpot at some point in those 50 turns.

Now, imagine if that 1 slot machine had about 500k handles attached to it and 500k people are also playing.

Don't you think that's completely unfair??
    Think someone play whole day and got 10 crystals... Someone on same day who comes after 4-5 days and play few versus game to get one crystal

As per your theory above if we both open crystal at same time and he might get a 4* champion from his one phc and I still have probability that I end up getting all 2* champions...
    Correct me if I'm wrong..

• Options
    Is 2% per crystal opened. Not +2% per crystal opened in the game ...
  • Options
    Sac123_Sac123_ Posts: 258
    Ok don't even speak I opened 850 phcs in a row without getting a four star. Actually, up until yesterday, I hadn't gotten a 4* from a phc in about 8 months
  • Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★

This is so wrong. Your account does not take into account what everyone else opens. Am going to say this again because a few people have said it now an it's not sinking in. Every phc you open has a 2% chance, that's regardless of how many you open.
  • Options
    rdxevil wrote: »
    Don't you think that's completely unfair??

In a word: No.
    Think someone play whole day and got 10 crystals... Someone on same day who comes after 4-5 days and play few versus game to get one crystal

As per your theory above if we both open crystal at same time and he might get a 4* champion from his one phc and I still have probability that I end up getting all 2* champions...
    Correct me if I'm wrong..

Dems da breaks.

• Options
    Jaffacaked wrote: »

This is so wrong. Your account does not take into account what everyone else opens. Am going to say this again because a few people have said it now an it's not sinking in. Every phc you open has a 2% chance, that's regardless of how many you open.

Got proof of that? Because if it was a static 2% chance per crystal, per player then opening a batch of 100+ crystals would return a 4* champ 100% of the time. Actually, opening a batch of 50 would return a single 4* champ 100% of the time.

I've not seen anything from Kabam that gives great detail about the drop rates and I doubt we ever will unless law requires them to.

The drop rate has to be based on something. That something is the number of crystals being opened. And since the drop rate clearly isn't applicable to individual players, then it only makes sense that it is applied to the player base as a whole.

1 out of every 50 crystals being opened throughout the game gives a 4* champ. Sometimes you're the 1, but usually you're part of the 49.
  • Options
    KynnyKynny Posts: 104
    I've done 3 our of 10
    2 out of 4 before and 0/100
    It's random
  • Options
    Scarlett_Scarlett_ Posts: 273
    I open 3 and got beast 4* lmao 😂 think your just unlucky bro
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    Spurgeo14 wrote: »
    Cihag wrote: »

Your math is wrong.
    Haha, prove me wrong... So what are the odds of NOT pulling a 4* in 250 crystals?

As long as not proven otherwise, the odds are 0,6 % (1 in 166)

;)
  • Options
    XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    Really? I got 2 4* champs out of 3 premiums.
  • Options
    Jaffacaked wrote: »

Got proof of that? Because if it was a static 2% chance per crystal, per player then opening a batch of 100+ crystals would return a 4* champ 100% of the time. Actually, opening a batch of 50 would return a single 4* champ 100% of the time.

I've not seen anything from Kabam that gives great detail about the drop rates and I doubt we ever will unless law requires them to.

The drop rate has to be based on something. That something is the number of crystals being opened. And since the drop rate clearly isn't applicable to individual players, then it only makes sense that it is applied to the player base as a whole.

1 out of every 50 crystals being opened throughout the game gives a 4* champ. Sometimes you're the 1, but usually you're part of the 49.

That is very wrong. Then how would that justify players getting 2x or more 4-stars out of 10 or less crystals when all opened at the same time?
    Either way, the team already answered this. Is 2% per crystal and not +2% per crystal opened in the game
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    They're not based on the number opened. Each Crystal is a 2% chance. They're separate occurrences. It's not that every 100 Crystals across the game give two 4*s. Each outcome has a 2% probability of being a 4*.
  • Options
    KynnyKynny Posts: 104
    Right you could open 1m and never get a 4 star.

Or 1 and get 1
  • Options
    Adamdrt2006Adamdrt2006 Posts: 429
    Well acording to most of the logic here i grabed a dice and rolled it 6 times and never landed on a 4 or 6 so by what im reading here the dice company lied about thw odds or it is based off of all dice in the world right

Well wrong it is 2% chance per crystal opened you can open millions and never get a 4* its all luck based get over it and collect 4* shards
  • Options
    ShinyMew2ShinyMew2 Posts: 187
    I occasionally get 4*s from the groups of 10 phcs I open when I get enough shards. You should’ve gotten 2-3 4*s from the 250 that you opened.
  • Options
    They're not based on the number opened. Each Crystal is a 2% chance. They're separate occurrences. It's not that every 100 Crystals across the game give two 4*s. Each outcome has a 2% probability of being a 4*.

That 2% chance has to be based on something though. Since we know it isn't based on the number of crystals that each player opens, the only logical thing is that it's a drop rate based on crystals being opened globally. You can't just say it's a 2% chance for the sake of saying it's a 2% chance.

The algorithm is definitely more complex then a static 1/50 crystals drops a 4* (that example was meant to illustrate the much larger scale that it works on, not intended to be taken literally as an absolute) because it's probably applying the drop rate randomly, but it's still applying it on a global level. Basically, there could be 1million phc being opened globally with not a single 4* being awarded, but then the next 2000 PHC to be opened could all give a 4*. That would still be your 2%.

Bottom line is it's random af and you're not going to figure out any way to improve your PHC results. Open in bunches, spin them individually, back in and out of the phc screen 25 times and stand on 1 foot...none of it matters. But there's no way the drop rate isn't based on global phc opening.

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    It's not based on global openings. There is one algorithm. It's pseudo-random. Meaning there are parameters (drop rates). When you open the Crystal, the computer generates a pseudo-random outcome. Those outcomes are generated individually and separate from other outcomes. We're not sharing RNG. There's not a specific number of Rarities put out. It's RNG. Not equal distribution. That 2% is based on the chance of each individual roll being a 4*. Not 2/100 rolls. It's randomly generated, and can go any way. I went months without a 4* from PHC recently. Yesterday I pulled a KG and today a Rocket. There's no sharing odds. I just got lucky twice. I could go another 3 months without one. The computer doesn't generate 100 of each outcome and dole it out across the globe. It generates an outcome the moment we open the Crystal.
  • Options
    chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    edited March 2018
    The 2% would only be reflected if you opened a lot of crystals (say if you opened 10,000+ the 4*s should be pretty close to 2% with an increasingly smaller margin for error the higher the amount that is opened goes).

That being said you could open 400 and not get a single 4*... but you could couple 100 and get 4 4*s. Over long periods of time and the more you open it should even out (but it is very hard to feel it as we experience the odds in very small bursts).

Also I am compelled to slightly correct what a lot of people are saying... that "you could open 1 million of them an not get a single 4*". Saying that is very misleading... while yes that is "possible" in terms of not being impossible, but it is so unlikely as to be more or less practically impossible (it is very close to a statistical impossibility... it would be on the level of a full blown miracle).