**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I wish there were more of a single player aspect to the game...

MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
With so much stuff going on in an alliance (wars, AQ, events) the grind just wears on a person. It'd be nice if someone could just play solo and have a decent way to acquire T4B and T1a....

Seems as though if someone gets tired of doing alliance stuff, that person's only option is quit or play and not advance. Seems like Kabam would see some benefits to having a robust single player mode in the game for those that don't want to be subject to 29 other people's schedules.

Comments

• Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    Define "robust." Because if there was a way for single players to advance at a significantly faster pace, then it lessens the relevance of alliances.

As it stands right now, there are weekly t4b arenas and you can also acquire a couple more t4b from the monthly event quests. Individual play alone can probably get you like 5-7 t4b per month. And that's not even counting the t4b DPG.

Same goes for alphas too, actually. Decent amount given from arena and monthly EQ.

What would be lacking however are faster access to Class Cats, especially T4CC. But if you're flying solo then you really don't need exceptionally quick access to T4CC because you aren't participating in AQ/AW.
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    Just a happy medium between the rewards you can get from being in an alliance and choosing to play solo. Right now, solo just feels way, way behind.

In my case, I was fine with spending a good amount of money while in an alliance on deals and such b/c I was advancing quickly and some of the offers were tempting b/c it helped me advance even faster.

But then I got tired of alliance stuff and figured I'd take a step back outside of an alliance. Now, I'm not tempted to make any purchases b/c there's just not a viable way to play the game solo, in my opinion. It just feels like there would be an opportunity for Kabam to keep people around, or entice new people to the game, by having a way to play that doesn't require being in an alliance. Obviously I'm assuming there would be a decent number of players (either current or new) that would prefer running solo.
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    @Brew_Swayne

I think the OP was getting to the point that the alliances are too large and his individual progression is tied to 29 other players who may have different priorities.

Some top active alliances can’t afford to take on developing players so they don’t. Most alliances have issues completing the lower maps.

Maybe making a weekly solo type AQ that’s only available to players not in an alliance. I think this would go a long way to keeping people playing the game, but it’s Kabama call
  • i agree with the topic starter
  • Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    @Blax4ever I don't disagree that game play for solo players couldn't be made a bit more manageable, but the game is really tailored for alliances/group play and I think that's because there's probably enough data out there (from this game and other similar games) that basically says that team oriented games generate more revenue. Why? Who knows? Probably peer pressure. Lol.

So that's why I asked the OP to define robust. A minor bump in rewards for solo activities and such is fine, but they can't make solo game play anywhere close to providing the same rewards or account progression as being in an alliance.

And I agree that it kinda sucks having your game progression somewhat dependant on 29 other people. It's REALLY hard to get 30 players together who spend relatively equal time playing, have comparable skill, and take the game with the same amount of seriousness - or lack thereof. But it's probably much easier to form an alliance of 10-20 players of similar playing style/abilities. There's no rule that says an alliance must have 30 people. Hell, even a team of 5 players could help each other out and run Map 3. Not the greatest rewards, but still better than flying solo, imo.

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★
    At some point with a large enough roster, it won't matter. i'm in an alliance that is 5x5 AQ and tier 4 AW 3x week. I am now 100% on act's 1-5 and finished Heroic, Master and Uncollected within 10 days of launch. Aside from Modoks lab, there isn't anything else to do. I was able to work on Heroic and Master while doing AQ and AW with no issues now that my roster is big enough to do all 3. I don't run arena except alpha and t4b because i need them to rank champs. I am hoping act 6 is coming soon or the drop more challenge EQ's so i have something to do. LOL is there but don't have the money to want to complete it plus all the t4cc would expire since i am 12/12 on almost everything.
    My point is that alliance stuff is only 2 things mainly. AQ/AW. The events that happen go along with the solo content. You will at some point be able to do everything at the same time if you wanted.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    I have been feeling this way for about the past year And a half. Been in and out of alliances multiple times just to not feel an attachment to the game
    Having a better solo progression path would help the game out overall, however I wouldn’t want them to do anything that would destroy the alliance aspect of the game either.

Running less than all 3BGs I’m AW and AQ hurts the Alliance’s ranking. It’s a penalty in its effect.

Solo play shouldn’t be equal to the efforts of 30 ppl but another way complete separate from players who are in alliance would help players stay with the game when things in life start to take precedent.
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    the efforts of 30 people are rewarded in the form of AQ and AW rewards (including AW season rewards), and alliance event milestones. solo players miss out on them

Yes that’s true the efforts of 30 individuals but how many of that 30 have 10+ hrs a week to grind arena to get the T1A from Alliance Arena Combat and Perfect series.

How many committed 30 member alliances are out there vs how many players are in the game and playing actively.

Too many progression rewards are based on 29 other people and not nearly enough for individual performance
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    I understand what you are saying I even told some people I actually know in my alliance that Im taking a break from all the alliance stuff going on simply because when I am working or doing whatever coming online feels like a chore. The good thing is when you are going solo you can go on anytime you want without having to worry about loading a game up but the bad thing is when you have done the event quests it gets kinda boring and arena is still one of the most useless gamemodes so I don't bother with that at all.