**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Are those recent changes to enemy AI intentional?

13»

Comments

• ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    Can a mod please answer this very simple question.

Should the AI be able to launch a special immediately after missing a heavy attack?

Evading an AI heavy then counter attacking as the AI animation finishes is/was a fundamental tactic used by players.

Any chance of a reply?
  • I wrote specifically about what issues i have been noticing and asked quite specifically about what i wanted information about. A generalized answer was all that was given. Doubt any developer would be confused, and expect to be asked about further information if needed.
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 239 ★★
    Once again that is not the a.i. it is the effective range of attacks, the start and finish point of the window in which the champion is committed to a specific action in the game (game mechanics)... like i said earlier the a.i. only determines the timing of a strategic action NOT the fundamental rules or guidelines of the actions being taken by the a.i.... as far as the more aggressive a.i. it has been this aggressive since the start of i believe around November of last year... the changes you are noticing are based on the changed parameters of actions available in the fight... the problem is with the game mechanics and the more we complain about "changed a.i." the less acknowledgment of the problem we will recieve...
  • PhonieStarkPhonieStark Posts: 202
    When the AI does a five hit combo, it's nearly impossible to slide away between hits. It used to be quite easy. Not only that, if an AI champ is fairly close to you, you become frozen for a second when they attack you. I feel like masteries that are supposed to help us are being used against us.
  • NoNamesLeftJrNoNamesLeftJr Posts: 14
    This thread is talking about one of the #1 issues I have with the game, and the reason I'm quitting.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    When the AI does a five hit combo, it's nearly impossible to slide away between hits. It used to be quite easy. Not only that, if an AI champ is fairly close to you, you become frozen for a second when they attack you. I feel like masteries that are supposed to help us are being used against us.

Exactly and I'm getting tired of it. Usually we used to get away from them or be able to block them and now neither works sometimes no matter how many times you swipe the screen or tap block they just sit there and get their faces smashed in.

Even if you do manage to get away they still may hit you outside of thier strike zone, or your dash back is to short, or they'll suddenly speed up and fly across the map pressing you, or your champions just dash forward for no reason or through a attack or heavy at your opponent, we get stuck in block or they drop for no reason which in all cases the ai takes advantage of.

Their parry timing can be impeccable and just parry us mutiple times in a row while ours barely works sometimes, they can do so from crazy positions or when they aren't even blocking at all.

They can block our specials or recover from them quickly or don't have a recovery time at all, they can block us in the middle of a multiple hit special and launch one at us, interrupt our heavies and attacks, and literally dodge everything like a psychic spiderman on crack and all of this can happen multiple times a fight.

It's really frustrating, not to mention sometimes there's these random lag spikes that give the ai more of an opportunity to get free hits on us and we've given them plenty of information about of this including videos and screenshots yet they still happen and there's been no updates on possible fixes and sometimes we get accused of ranting and being imature even when were doing neither which makes this even more frustrating.

If they address it and fix them their standing with us will improve even if they have to take it down for hours or longer which other companies have done so for mobile, console and PC games they'll make more money in the long run, won't face as much critiscm or backlash like they are now but we'll see what happens though they probably won't do so, it's just some food for your thoughts.
  • No replies since last message from Kabam. We're actually trying to get some information here... and we're also trying to provide information about what we're having problems with. If you need more information, Kabam, just communicate and let us know so we can provide whatever is needed to get this game back in shape.
  • "The game is working as intended".
  • Zibiit, i wrote to you about what enemies i've experienced this against but you havent returned or commented yet. Could we get something going so we can get to the bottom of this and get the fight mechanics back to normal?
  • Nopiii111Nopiii111 Posts: 28
    the evade is totally broken!
    my device is samsung s7 edge 7.0
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    Cable's S1 is the clearest example of the AI changed. Why don't you refute this, mods?