**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Are those recent changes to enemy AI intentional?

Comments

• Options
    Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Posts: 306 ★★★
    That's a cool one!
  • Options
    IronFist34IronFist34 Posts: 386 ★★
    https://youtu.be/ss1y-hUEi4o

AI Update - Now the AI can keep fighting after the game is paused by an incoming phone call. Because they are just that skilled.

Even with this video proof, they won't do anything to reimburse you lol I'm still pissed at their lack of ack'ing calendar issues
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Even with this video proof, they won't do anything to reimburse you lol I'm still pissed at their lack of ack'ing calendar issues

After this I’ll be finishing LOL exploration with $0 spent. Spite can be great motivation.
  • Options
    Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    Watch this. Video cued up:

https://youtu.be/5N8IVLZ3LY8?t=6m17s

The AI fully evades Morningstar's unblockable special 2 using dexterity. Unblockable s2. 3 dexterity evades in a row. And it's just an Iceman.

When we turn auto-fighting on we're usually a punching bag, but the AI can do this now. Ridiculous.
  • Options

After this I’ll be finishing LOL exploration with $0 spent. Spite can be great motivation.

Doing the same for Act 5... it takes longer saving units and items but it's worth it.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Sorry for double posting..thought my posts weren't showing up.
  • Options
    vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    https://youtu.be/ss1y-hUEi4o

AI Update - Now the AI can keep fighting after the game is paused by an incoming phone call. Because they are just that skilled.

Was this in arena?
    My theory is that the opponent had pacify and because you got stunned your ability to pause the game got reduced so he was able to keep attacking.

Seems logical .. OH WAIT the game doesn't work like that.
  • Options
    Was this in arena?
    My theory is that the opponent had pacify and because you got stunned your ability to pause the game got reduced so he was able to keep attacking.

MODOK’s lab on expert. Took the loss so I could get video proof of yet another AI bug. I’m not bothering reporting bugs anymore, Kabam clearly doesn’t care about fixing most of them.

Captain Marvel’s sp2 has been broken for close to a year, but Ultron’s sp2 received the same needed fix in months less worth of time. Dr. Voodoo’s sp2 was acknowledged as being bugged, and that’s being “looked into” for months as well. Other special attacks like Hulk’s sp1, Guillotine’s sp1, Agent Venom’s sp1, Star Lord’s sp2, and so many more don’t chain after 5-hit combos because they randomly get blocked.

If the AI hasn’t been tweaked, this things should have been occurring since those characters were added to the game. The same goes for the AI parrying multiple times in a single combo and parrying immediately after backing up and/or evading attacks.

An experienced game designer wrote a summary of the current state of MCOC and how specific mechanisms have been altered. It’s revealing to say the least:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11_JmLOpjMLx4tn3fZnAZXknv43NAzMVf3erqrN6Wfeo/mobilebasic
  • Options
    vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Was this in arena?

MODOK’s lab on expert. Took the loss so I could get video proof of yet another AI bug. I’m not bothering reporting bugs anymore, Kabam clearly doesn’t care about fixing most of them.

Captain Marvel’s sp2 has been broken for close to a year, but Ultron’s sp2 received the same needed fix in months less worth of time. Dr. Voodoo’s sp2 was acknowledged as being bugged, and that’s being “looked into” for months as well. Other special attacks like Hulk’s sp1, Guillotine’s sp1, Agent Venom’s sp1, Star Lord’s sp2, and so many more don’t chain after 5-hit combos because they randomly get blocked.

If the AI hasn’t been tweaked, this things should have been occurring since those characters were added to the game. The same goes for the AI parrying multiple times in a single combo and parrying immediately after backing up and/or evading attacks.

An experienced game designer wrote a summary of the current state of MCOC and how specific mechanisms have been altered. It’s revealing to say the least:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11_JmLOpjMLx4tn3fZnAZXknv43NAzMVf3erqrN6Wfeo/mobilebasic

Lol ya I kind of gave up too.

The war I just finished, launched SP3 with GR ... And the hit healed the opponent (was not on a macochasim node)... And healed for the exact amount of damage that the hit would have done. It is hilarious because GR's damnation is a healblock itself.....

But wait it gets better, the damnation damage over time ticks were not doing damage... Like litterally the counter was going down on the debuff but 0 damage ticks. This was more proof that I did not read the node wrong and damnation debuff was actually applied (where maco would just remove it and regen the opponent). I was so baffled that I died before getting a screenie. I went into shock LMFAO.
  • Options
    Muscle memory, timings on how to evade and parry. People who have played for years can tell exactly when something has been changed, but perhaps not precisely what was chaned. I know for a fact, even though i cant prove it scientifically without having fight recorded data from earlier, that enemies were never able to complete combos by homing in on you from long away while you dash back multiple times.

I notice it mostly in AQ since those are the longest fights im doing atm. Any small sized hero, be it wolvie, dr. voodoo or similar size vs any Symbioid has this homing combo happening, and also vs magic, or the mini bosses especially vs dr. voodoo on map 4.

Well said. It's not easy to describe the current bugs without knowing the right terms and concepts to reference. The above google docs link review does that nicely. Two of the points made by the game developer are:

- "Camera Animation at the beginning of fights is jerky, I am guessing the animation curve has 2 key frames close to one another or is linear".
    - "Ai movement and speed has been increased significantly since 17.1, therefore the Ai recovery has also been increased to counter attacks well before the animation has even finished. Let’s not pretend this is not an issue, like many other players I have a Legends Badge and have completed the hardest content in the game. Beyond that I studied and work in 3D Animation, so I caught these thing right away."
  • Options
    Lol ya I kind of gave up too.

The war I just finished, launched SP3 with GR ... And the hit healed the opponent (was not on a macochasim node)... And healed for the exact amount of damage that the hit would have done. It is hilarious because GR's damnation is a healblock itself.....

But wait it gets better, the damnation damage over time ticks were not doing damage... Like litterally the counter was going down on the debuff but 0 damage ticks. This was more proof that I did not read the node wrong and damnation debuff was actually applied (where maco would just remove it and regen the opponent). I was so baffled that I died before getting a screenie. I went into shock LMFAO.

Probably a stupid question but was that fight on a mirror image node?

• Options
    I know for a fact, even though i cant prove it scientifically without having fight recorded data from earlier, that enemies were never able to complete combos by homing in on you from long away while you dash back multiple times.

I notice it mostly in AQ since those are the longest fights im doing atm. Any small sized hero, be it wolvie, dr. voodoo or similar size vs any Symbioid has this homing combo happening, and also vs magic, or the mini bosses especially vs dr. voodoo on map 4.

^
    Completely agree - homing in combos didn't exist in the past.

Think it has something to do with recovery timings but maybe not.

Maybe the time to recover between each evade has been increased and the AI has been programmed to target the time when we're recovering.

We were generally free to move around without worrying about being locked in.
  • Options
    Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Hey, so we haven't made any changes to the AI; any changes we do make to the game will be listed in the patch notes. I haven't personally been able to replicate what you're reporting when fighting with Wolverine but if you are able to tell me any opponents this happens more frequently against, or any game modes this happens more frequently in, we may have better success.

Also, as a quick reminder to everyone, please try to keep your comments focused on the topic at hand. If you have other issues you'd like to report, I'd recommend either finding a related thread to post your information in, or creating a separate thread for the issue.

That's funny because in numerous threads you all admitted that there's a problem with the ai and their reactions since 12.0.

You have said that it was "fixed" numerous times despite us telling you that it's as bad or worse than it's ever been and have left a majority of issues that we've been dealing eternal under investigation and ignoring everything we say or through other means which kinda sucks.

In general the ai can read and react faster than us and sometimes they don't have any recovery at all, I've had instances where the ai was already up waiting for me after I did a special 3 ( medsua's vs Hyperion) or they imeditenly get up and fly across the map pressing us before we can react (everyone vs everyone)

They can just evade, block or parry us all the time sometimes from situations that they shouldn't be able to like before they hit the ground from a power attack, or basically ignore the power attack or ingnore our specials.

They can block all specials at will sometimes, they can block them in the middle of multi hit ones or fire off a special in the middle of it or interrupt it with an attack. They can parry us all the time sometimes and can parry from impossibile positions even after the attack hits while ours doesn't work sometimes.

They can evade or dodge us at will while we have issues with controls which makes the fights really frustrating if we can't freaking hit them. Then there's all the controls input issues we've been dealing with which you've also admitted and said there was issues with and tried to fix it.

They can get extra strides and fly accross the map in seconds, gain extra movements in general which makes it really annoying to fight them sometimes because they are hitting outside their strike zone or rushing us before we can react.

And much much much more.
  • Options
    BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    I've been playing this game for years. Recently i noticed a few rather radical changes to the behaviour of enemy AI which quite frankly has increased the difficulty of the game quite a lot and i haven't stumbled upon any information in the patch notes regarding these changes.

Are those changes to the enemy AI intentional and going to stay? I hope for some constructive feedback.

Antman changed a month or two ago. Perfect example. His l1 when he uppercuts will now travel to where you are right before he does it. This now forces an extra dash to avoid. While easy it to avoid absolutely was a “homing” in effect. Used to he would uppercut where you were whe he started the motion.
  • Options
    Hey, so we haven't made any changes to the AI; any changes we do make to the game will be listed in the patch notes. I haven't personally been able to replicate what you're reporting when fighting with Wolverine but if you are able to tell me any opponents this happens more frequently against, or any game modes this happens more frequently in, we may have better success.

Also, as a quick reminder to everyone, please try to keep your comments focused on the topic at hand. If you have other issues you'd like to report, I'd recommend either finding a related thread to post your information in, or creating a separate thread for the issue.

This is exactly why so many of my current and former alliance mates over the past 9 months have quit this game. What an epic fail Kabam.