**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Does Phoenix need to be buffed?

Comments

• Options
    GargameshGargamesh Posts: 66
    Spirit wrote: »
    And quite lastly I must say you sir are a genius!! @CrusherOfDreams
    I never thought one could actually mix politics and video games like these together.( I truly am awed not sarcastic)
    This will only give him a warning, if not a full ban...

Also he should fact check more/better, some of what he said about Trump is just plain wrong
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    No, Phoenix is fine
    Pretty sure he wouldn't be banned for talking off-topic about politics.
    As for the Trump comments being wrong, I'll just leave that where I found it, with a pause.
  • Options
    NebulaNebula Posts: 163
    Buff Phoenix
    Pretty sure he wouldn't be banned for talking off-topic about politics.
    As for the Trump comments being wrong, I'll just leave that where I found it, with a pause.

this has nothing to do with Phoenix. Take ur judgement elsewhere.
  • Options
    SpiritSpirit Posts: 222
    Buff Phoenix
    Gargamesh wrote: »
    I never thought one could actually mix politics and video games like these together.( I truly am awed not sarcastic)

Also he should fact check more/better, some of what he said about Trump is just plain wrong

I am sorry but why should I get banned?
  • Options
    Buff Phoenix

he wasn't referring to you
  • Options
    CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★

I didn't mean to, it just happened lol.
  • Options

How will I be banned, even if those statements are incorrect? I used the election as an example, and Nebula started debating me on politics. I don't think that Trump is a good President. I think he says a lot of stupid things and he's kind of a doofus. But I don't think it's fair to call him things he's not. I don't really like the Kabam company right now because of these stupid bugs right now. They deserve to have some blowback from these bugs. But I'm going to defend them if someone says that they're putting bugs in so people have to spend money to win. No, they aren't. That's stupid. This is what I did for Trump. I don't agree with him, but I'm not going to let people get called homophobic, Islamophobic (no idea how to spell that), sexist, racist bigots when they aren't.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Buff Phoenix

How will I be banned, even if those statements are incorrect? I used the election as an example, and Nebula started debating me on politics. I don't think that Trump is a good President. I think he says a lot of stupid things and he's kind of a doofus. But I don't think it's fair to call him things he's not. I don't really like the Kabam company right now because of these stupid bugs right now. They deserve to have some blowback from these bugs. But I'm going to defend them if someone says that they're putting bugs in so people have to spend money to win. No, they aren't. That's stupid. This is what I did for Trump. I don't agree with him, but I'm not going to let people get called homophobic, Islamophobic (no idea how to spell that), sexist, racist bigots when they aren't.

@CrusherOfDreams Yes, trump is all those things, go ahead call out fake news and use Hillary's emails to defend yourself, stick to your misguided beliefs. I won't judge you for making poor, uneducated decisions..But don't you dare for one second say it was me who involved politics when it was YOU who bought up the election and said that what America did was right by electing an incompetent spraytanned buffoon. You involved politics, now you have to own up to it.
  • Options
    LeagueOfShadowsLeagueOfShadows Posts: 120
    Phoenix doesn't need to be buffed. There are several ways to maximize her abilities & play well with her. I occasionally use her in AW (tier 2) depending on what path I feel like taking. I've never used her in AQ simply because I like my Wolverine characters. I do use Phoenix in quests though.

Personally, so that I can get the max amount of damage while also building up power quickly to my Sp3 (in the event that I need it, 99% of the time I don't because the opponent is usually dead or close to it), I only ever stack up 3 phoenix charges, 4 at max. But, 3 Phoenix charges seems to be the sweet spot as the furies come in at a nice steady rate & allows for me to do as much damage as possible while gaining as much power as needed before she goes into overload & the power reduction kicks in. This was also allows for the incinerate & stun to kick in somewhat often too. I recognize that this isn't the normal way that people use her, but for me, it's golden.

Anyways here's a link to learn how to best utilize her other play styles. Sometimes I use this, but most of the time I use her they way that i described above with just 3 Phoenix charges, since I hardly ever die. (I am not any of the following Youtubers')

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N9Xl0LMdiNc
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=RYIz7uNJJJ0

• Options
    Buff Phoenix
    Phoenix doesn't need to be buffed. There are several ways to maximize her abilities & play well with her. I occasionally use her in AW (tier 2) depending on what path I feel like taking. I've never used her in AQ simply because I like my Wolverine characters. I do use Phoenix in quests though.

Personally, so that I can get the max amount of damage while also building up power quickly to my Sp3 (in the event that I need it, 99% of the time I don't because the opponent is usually dead or close to it), I only ever stack up 3 phoenix charges, 4 at max. But, 3 Phoenix charges seems to be the sweet spot as the furies come in at a nice steady rate & allows for me to do as much damage as possible while gaining as much power as needed before she goes into overload & the power reduction kicks in. This was also allows for the incinerate & stun to kick in somewhat often too. I recognize that this isn't the normal way that people use her, but for me, it's golden.

Anyways here's a link to learn how to best utilize her other play styles. Sometimes I use this, but most of the time I use her they way that i described above with just 3 Phoenix charges, since I hardly ever die. (I am not any of the following Youtubers')

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N9Xl0LMdiNc
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=RYIz7uNJJJ0

I have her at rank 5. I saw those tutorials before and after you posted them and I am still sticking to my original statement. The champion is too complicated to use and the rewards for perfectly timing her are nowhere as rewarding as other cosmic champions such as hyperion or angela. Furthermore, her signature ability is messed up and they nerfed her stun after 12.0 without mentioning it.
  • Options
    LeagueOfShadowsLeagueOfShadows Posts: 120
    that's cool, either way.. she's fine as is... she's not complicated at all, at least not for me, but I respect your viewpoint
  • Options
    Buff Phoenix
    that's cool, either way.. she's fine as is... she's not complicated at all, at least not for me, but I respect your viewpoint

I feel that I can achieve the same damage from Hyperion Angela Drax or Thor with 1/3 of the effort that Phoenix requires.
  • Options
    No, Phoenix is fine
    Nebula wrote: »

I feel that I can achieve the same damage from Hyperion Angela Drax or Thor with 1/3 of the effort that Phoenix requires.

That's because she takes a certain amount of skill to use. She's not just strong from the start.
  • Options
    No, Phoenix is fine

Not you. The person was referring to @CrusherOfDreams.
  • Options
    No, Phoenix is fine

@CrusherOfDreams Yes, trump is all those things, go ahead call out fake news and use Hillary's emails to defend yourself, stick to your misguided beliefs. I won't judge you for making poor, uneducated decisions..But don't you dare for one second say it was me who involved politics when it was YOU who bought up the election and said that what America did was right by electing an incompetent spraytanned buffoon. You involved politics, now you have to own up to it.

This is not about Phoenix.
  • Options

I literally listed all the reasons he isn't those things. You had no further argument, so you stopped talking. Now, you're bringing it up again just to make me look bad. This is what I said:

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/34677/#Comment_34677

After I said that, you stopped talking, presumably because you had no valid response. Now that I've said something else, you're trying to debate me again. I made my point, you had no answer, so you backpedaled into this "your a bad person" argument again. Tump isn't those things. He did something stupid when it came to women, but he doesn't hate women. He just screwed up. Like Hillary did with everything emails. You try to claim that the emails don't matter, but then claim that this does matter. And again, I didn't try to support Trump. I just said that things don't always go with the majority. Perhaps my phraseology was off, but it wasn't my intent. I've amended my mistake, but you keep hounding it. I'm not trying to blame you, I'm trying to end the political **** because we're in a VIDEO GAME FORUM. If you want to keep going with politics, do it in a PM and answer my responses. Don't disregard my responses while you pretend I had no response. And don't do it in a place where people are talking about Phoenix. Can we be done now?
  • Options
    Buff Phoenix

I literally listed all the reasons he isn't those things. You had no further argument, so you stopped talking. Now, you're bringing it up again just to make me look bad. This is what I said:

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/34677/#Comment_34677

After I said that, you stopped talking, presumably because you had no valid response. Now that I've said something else, you're trying to debate me again. I made my point, you had no answer, so you backpedaled into this "your a bad person" argument again. Tump isn't those things. He did something stupid when it came to women, but he doesn't hate women. He just screwed up. Like Hillary did with everything emails. You try to claim that the emails don't matter, but then claim that this does matter. And again, I didn't try to support Trump. I just said that things don't always go with the majority. Perhaps my phraseology was off, but it wasn't my intent. I've amended my mistake, but you keep hounding it. I'm not trying to blame you, I'm trying to end the political **** because we're in a VIDEO GAME FORUM. If you want to keep going with politics, do it in a PM and answer my responses. Don't disregard my responses while you pretend I had no response. And don't do it in a place where people are talking about Phoenix. Can we be done now?

I listed why he is those things, you failed to read it. He calls women fat pigs when he's one himself. Wants to grab em by the thing as well. Oh but there are the emails again! Have fun with President Putin - oh I mean Trump.
  • Options
    Buff Phoenix

Then tell your best friend Crusher to stop talking about Trump.
  • Options
    Buff Phoenix

That's because she takes a certain amount of skill to use. She's not just strong from the start.

I'm not going to bother debating you anymore. Why should she be so complicated while the others are simpler and more effective?
  • Options
    No, Phoenix is fine

I'm not going to bother debating you anymore. Why should she be so complicated while the others are simpler and more effective?

Because that's how the game works. Some are more complicated to use than others. She's not the only one who is. It's better than having all Champs the same. Half the fun of getting to know a new Champ is learning how to make the most of their mechanics.
  • Options
    Buff Phoenix

Because that's how the game works. Some are more complicated to use than others. She's not the only one who is. It's better than having all Champs the same. Half the fun of getting to know a new Champ is learning how to make the most of their mechanics.

um no it doesnt. Yes their are complicated champions but they are much rewarding - ex psylocke, dormammu.
  • Options

I listed why he is those things, you failed to read it. He calls women fat pigs when he's one himself. Wants to grab em by the thing as well. Oh but there are the emails again! Have fun with President Putin - oh I mean Trump.

Hillary has done many things. He didn't call all women fat pigs, just one. He still shouldn't have done that, but you're exaggerating​ it by a lot. He said one stupid thing about grabbing women. That was moronic, but it doesn't compare to letting Americans die in Benghazi and leaving Classified info vulnerable and Watergate and Travelgate etc etc. I'm not just yelling "EMAILS!" every time you say something, Hillary's kindly provided many other instances of horrible leadership as well. If anyone is just saying one or two things over and over to justify voting for someone, it's you. You've said "fat pigs and grab em by the..." and that's it. Yes, you said he was against gays and all that, but you gave no justification. You just yelled homophobe over and over, even after I told you you were wrong. Stop the political stuff. I've demolished your points multiple times, yet you ignore them for a comment or two and bring it back up just to make me look bad. Either continue talking about Phoenix or shut up.
  • Options

Then tell your best friend Crusher to stop talking about Trump.

I've said repeatedly that I want it to end. But you just have to get the last word. I make my point against you, then ask for the conversation to end. Then you retaliate by making that exact point again.
  • Options

um no it doesnt. Yes their are complicated champions but they are much rewarding - ex psylocke, dormammu.

That's your opinion. Many think that Psylocke sucks. Phoenix is much better than her. You asked our opinion on Phoenix, then said I was hijacking your thread when I gave it. Why start a poll if you can't stand anyone who doesn't agree with you?
  • Options

Not only are many characters much more complicated than her, but you just said you were done discussing this. Then you kept discussing it. What!? Just stop if you want it to stop.
  • Options

Wait, this was flagged for spam? How is it spam to say someone is being off-topic? Man, these forums are entertaining.
  • Options
    HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    Buff Phoenix
    Maybe you guys should all just learn how to debate respectfully, I'm pretty sure some of these comments break multiple forum rules.
  • Options
    HeroBoltsy wrote: »
    Maybe you guys should all just learn how to debate respectfully, I'm pretty sure some of these comments break multiple forum rules.

I'm not being disrespectful, I'm trying to end an off-topic discussion. I used the electoral system as an example of how majority doesn't always win, and Nebula started a political debate. I've repeatedly asked for it to end, and she just continues. I'll stop if she does, but she isn't.
  • Options
    HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    Buff Phoenix
    Perhaps I misworded my comment. I meant to say that you should resolve your differences in a respectful manner. If this is the case, I'm sorry for causing this misunderstanding. If you're trying to end this discussion, then perhaps the best thing to do would be to just not partake in it any longer. Just another user trying to help.
  • Options
    HeroBoltsy wrote: »
    Perhaps I misworded my comment. I meant to say that you should resolve your differences in a respectful manner. If this is the case, I'm sorry for causing this misunderstanding. If you're trying to end this discussion, then perhaps the best thing to do would be to just not partake in it any longer. Just another user trying to help.

Nebula is also calling me out in each of these comments, or I would just leave. She's calling me misguided and a supporter of women-hating and things like that. I'm simply retaliating by saying I'm not and asking for it all to end.