**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Who wants the Sentinels and new mini Bosses that negate 90% of your roster in AQ?

AIISupernaturalAIISupernatural Posts: 40
edited March 2018 in General Discussion
The Sentinels make all your blood/poison damage champs useless and make you have to change your roster.

Who wants the Sentinels and new mini Bosses that negate 90% of your roster in AQ? 100 votes

Absolutely No!! Its just a way to make us pay more fore potions/revives!
54%
MattyloSnakeEyes69CableIronDevilThe_Greatest_OneNDK13LovingkidINTEGRALmmmbanyasDarcilisNick_Caine_32Dezz_1Mrbeast6000VuskaSpeeds80EnG1NeeRAIISupernaturalRentonXDrealiTicAlphaKratos 54 votes
No If they make changes they should be with similar enemies.
8%
tutyimutyibuffajrNikoBravoSKOutsiderAlCapone2727Riggs_97DJSHOEShinobiGuy 8 votes
No I like it just the way it is.
3%
IksdjvanThunder5715Kera78 3 votes
Maybe if they made the sentinels take bleed/poison damage.
4%
NinjAlanheruheru511Kayne34Avery 4 votes
Yes I'm a whale and like spending money for no reason.
4%
gatra_hpJuBgeLittleSisterCats73 4 votes
Yes I have no idea about the game
1%
Greenstroke 1 vote
Yes that seems nice and they care about making new stuff for the players
16%
GroundedWisdomAlex_sc11ShrimkinsSnizzbarLeNoirFaineantGeneral__RossDeadbyrd9AxeCopFireItay1234212Primmer79Buckylives2_0NOOOOOOOOPEEEEEScøøby_Døø98FF_NuHuman_2099Bluebird3 16 votes
None of the above
10%
A_rock007BendyApocalypse189Protocol8051SgtAnime1I_Like_TurtlesDarthPhalshadow_lurker22LordAn00busSimpson 10 votes

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    There's only 20 about Threads on this already. Lol.
  • Dezz_1Dezz_1 Posts: 118

Don't care how many threads that covered this nonsense. I don't understand why Kamam would change AQ for the worst without fixing the lag issue.
  • My feeling about sentinals beening added. One word comes to mind. ADAPT
  • AIISupernaturalAIISupernatural Posts: 40
    Zoddymam wrote: »
    My feeling about sentinals beening added. One word comes to mind. ADAPT

so you like the idea of 90% of your roster becoming trash?
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Dezz_1 wrote: »

Don't care how many threads that covered this nonsense. I don't understand why Kamam would change AQ for the worst without fixing the lag issue.

Agree, don't care how many threads. It is the mod's job to close or combine threads. Mods are paid by Kabam and mods will do their jobs as needed.

Haven't heard about AQ rewards changes/improvements along-side the changes to mini-bosses and sentinels/noids. But who knows if someone there is already planning for their next quarter celebration on potential growth in REVENUE (from potions and revives purchases)?....
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Love these objective polls that only want to know the mind of the community and don’t attempt to influence the results in any way.

If 90% of your Roster is trash based on an AQ Boss and intermittent Champs that have Immunities, I would suggest expanding your Roster, and exploring the full use of Champs more. It's not trash. You just need to use Champs that don't rely on Debuffs.
  • I_Like_TurtlesI_Like_Turtles Posts: 91
    None of the above

Yes. Because that means I have to use my mind and brain to figure out who works well and who doesn't. Not just bringing the same champs over and over. You lack creativity and just want easy content without any effort.
    If your alliance can't beat the map because of a miniboss or whatever it might be. then you´re not strong enough for that map. Simple as that.

If 90% of your Roster is trash based on an AQ Boss and intermittent Champs that have Immunities, I would suggest expanding your Roster, and exploring the full use of Champs more. It's not trash. You just need to use Champs that don't rely on Debuffs.

as usual narrow minded missing the point

Yes. Because that means I have to use my mind and brain to figure out who works well and who doesn't. Not just bringing the same champs over and over. You lack creativity and just want easy content without any effort.
    If your alliance can't beat the map because of a miniboss or whatever it might be. then you´re not strong enough for that map. Simple as that.

What point? They switched things up and people have to find a new strategy now? The point that people asked to freshen things up in AQ and now they're not happy with it? The point that some people might have to use different Champs and there's no such thing as a Champ that will carry you through the entire evolution of the game? I'm not as narrow-minded as you think.
  • I_Like_TurtlesI_Like_Turtles Posts: 91
    None of the above

Elaborate what your point is then. You clearly didn't make your points understandable.

For me personally this new update seems like a way for kabam to introduce something more challenging or something new that I have to think about when bringing my AQ roster. I need to think about my path and opponents, and bring a proper team to take down that path without spending items.

Now what my impression from your post based on the options you gave in the poll. You seem to want no change at all, and you are hating on kabam because you either don't want to think about your AQ team or you don't have the champs available to deal with the new opponents being introduced. Which if the last one is the case you can grind for champs or you can ask for another path without sentinels, or you can play an easier map until you gain the champs required.

A lot of people seem to be under the impression that all new content or changes must me beatable by everyone. Which shouldn't be the case.

Now if I could have my way. I would want content introduced that made you think a lot about the team you´re bringing, It would be extremely hard to do. Where it would cost items if you made a single error. That´s the content I want, where not everyone can do it. Where I feel accomplished finishing it.

Stuff like boss rush and AQ is more of a hassle than difficult. I play it for the rewards and not the challenge.
    My first reaction to seeing boss rush challenge was: "Nice, some free rewards".
    I don't want that feeling. I want: "Wow, these rewards are great, I bet it won't be easy and it will probably require a lot of skill to be able to do."
    Just to add to that, I think it's important to switch things up and add a new challenge now and then to modes like AQ because it becomes very easy to get used to. We get better at it with repetition, and AQ is something we do 5 days a week. That means we get so good at it that it becomes repetitive. Once the challenge is gone, it becomes a chore. It's good to switch things up.
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★

Elaborate what your point is then. You clearly didn't make your points understandable.

For me personally this new update seems like a way for kabam to introduce something more challenging or something new that I have to think about when bringing my AQ roster. I need to think about my path and opponents, and bring a proper team to take down that path without spending items.

Now what my impression from your post based on the options you gave in the poll. You seem to want no change at all, and you are hating on kabam because you either don't want to think about your AQ team or you don't have the champs available to deal with the new opponents being introduced. Which if the last one is the case you can grind for champs or you can ask for another path without sentinels, or you can play an easier map until you gain the champs required.

A lot of people seem to be under the impression that all new content or changes must me beatable by everyone. Which shouldn't be the case.

Now if I could have my way. I would want content introduced that made you think a lot about the team you´re bringing, It would be extremely hard to do. Where it would cost items if you made a single error. That´s the content I want, where not everyone can do it. Where I feel accomplished finishing it.

Stuff like boss rush and AQ is more of a hassle than difficult. I play it for the rewards and not the challenge.
    I don't want that feeling. I want: "Wow, these rewards are great, I bet it won't be easy and it will probably require a lot of skill to be able to do."

we agree about that we all want a challenge but a challenge that does not turn into p2w ex :
    morningstar in aq 5 must be soloed if not it ll be a pain in the ... it'll cause alliances or battlegroupes to block more frequently.
    void in aq 6 with imblockable final #####"""###

Naturally it's going to be a challenge at first. It takes time to get used to. I remember when Hyp and NC were first added. People thought it would be the end. Lol. Then we got used to them fast. When we're swapping them out for new Champs, they'll have new Abilities so it will be a challenge to get used to. Not for long. The Player Base adapts quickly.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    I have Medusa so I'm all for changing minibosses to sentinels
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    Player1994 wrote: »

we agree about that we all want a challenge but a challenge that does not turn into p2w ex :
    morningstar in aq 5 must be soloed if not it ll be a pain in the ... it'll cause alliances or battlegroupes to block more frequently.

How does it become "p2w"? They aren't hard to beat. The ones in uncollected were easy fights. People like you want everything handed to them for doing no work at all. Its only "p2w" if you have a low skill set.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    I would prefer that they change all these "grunts" to actual champs. We have enough champs in the game to cover each tile in AQ maps. Don't really need them.

Having said that, I started playing AQ in the era of Ultron drones who were also immune to everything. So, that is not new.

I forgot about the ultron drones so people are crying about something that happened in the past of bleed/poison immune. There are plenty of champs that can take out these sentineloids but people will cry that they need to use heals now. How about get good

OK so let me elaborate.
    First of all i am all for change if it makes the game better for everyone (well most people to be honest not just the top players).
    Personally my roster is pretty good i am at over 420k pi and i have 3 god tier 5*s at r4 with a 4th just waiting for the t2 alphas. i have been playing the game for 3 years and spend a bit on it regularly. I am in a smaller alliance because i choose so and i am friends with a lot of them(been together for over 2 years). Plus between my job and taking care of my mother who has dementia i can't be on all the time and that is needed in top alliances. I don't like spending money cause the game makes me. Don't get me wrong i do spend but only when i want to and if my budget allows.
    So down to business first of all i don't just pay attention to myself and what i want. I see what most of the community wants and feel for the 80% of the players that play the game which are people who play for fun and don't want to be strong armed into spending more money or people that can't afford it.
    People have been spending money, time and effort to further their roster to adapt to certain things in the game from day 1. But making a change only to make it harder for most people is downright cruel and a money grab.
    Elaborating more......
    Sentinels not only are bleed/poison immune but also need people to change up the whole way they have been playing, if u do same attack styles they gain buffs that when 100 is reached their attack penetrates your blocks.
    So that means more loss of health which means pay for more potions to continue. The "i can do it easy" is no excuse it doesn't apply only for u, think about someone else for a change. All people don't have the same skills or time to play to get where u are. Also Sentinels and the height thing and changing of the screen makes a lot of people dizzy. It was ok to have them in a specific event but every day all the time? Look at what they did to AW!!! They messed it up completely and after a few months of supposedly fixing it all they did was make seasons with better rewards to shut us up!! So in closing another thing to think about do u think that the game is such a huge success cause of the top 10%? No its cause of the other 90% who are the little guy. The guy with the smaller roster, the guy that doesn't play as much as you etc. If all the little guys quit you wont have a game to play!!!
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    None of your roster is trash except for the champs you wouldn’t bring to aq anyway. How do fight debuff immune champs in map 5? They are worse than a sentinel lol. Quit your whining. Bleed champs aren’t the only useful champs in this game and they have a lot less use than power control champs. I don’t see why you can’t fight them with wolvie. It’s what a lot of people do on debuff immune. It’s not a long fight since it’s map 5 and you can come out with full health. If you time out against these things then you’ve got to be using 3/30 champs or lower
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Player1994 wrote: »

Morningstar doesn't gain souls unless she gets an SP3, so she doesn't need to be soloed. Void should also be way easier then hyperion as hyperion had only 2 champs that could fight him....magik and MS. Looking forward to Void so i can contribute on those days where my MS is in alliance war.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    @danielmath dormamu could also solo Hyperion. So can sl if you are lucky
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    @danielmath dormamu could also solo Hyperion

Could a 4/55 without timing out? Even if there's 3, that's still not too many
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    Kabam is forcing us to get Medusa off a featured GMC. D--- move indeed.
    Kabam is forcing us to get Medusa off a featured GMC. D--- move indeed.

LOL
  • None of the above
    I like change. It's been too long for a change in AQ. This is nice to see. Sentinels add more strategy to the game and class advantage is going to be important.

It's be great if the first week of it was free maps, to try it out! I want to see what map 6 looks like.