**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance Quest Miniboss and Sentinel Refresh - April 2018 - Discussion Thread [Updated April 13]

Comments

• I'm sure a significant % of the player base use a5/50 Wolvie in aq to limit the items they use and so they should. Now low and behold sentinels arrive they're bleed immune and gain extra charges over mutant class... Funny that

I totally agree. Using Wolverine with an emphasis on "limiting item use". Guess what happens when we use items...$$$

Surprise, surprise.
  • TonedefTonedef Posts: 137
    This announcement should have been made no less than 1 month ago or these changes should be coming in May. To drop a deuce like this isn’t fair to people who’ve recently ranked champs specifically for the current lineup in AQ. I don’t fall into this category. I’ve been using Angela, Hulk, Wolfy forever and ranked my Medusa recently to kill those UC Sentz. All I need is LC and I’ll be ready to crush AQ.

We are like leaves being blown around by hurricane Kabam, completely at the mercy of the winds of change. More advanced notice would have been awesome to have!
  • JdubJdub Posts: 12
    So can I get a refund on deep wounds sense that will be useless now awesome thanks.
  • Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★
    Very very bad move. Why don't u just blast 50 percent health if u don't bring a specific champ to a specific fight. Do u people even have Berta testers who actually play and test without a rigged game like the rest of us? Do u know how many steps in difficulty this raises the bar
  • StarShadow7StarShadow7 Posts: 15
    “We are not at a place or time where we can increase the rewards or fully refresh the mode right now.”

So why even do a half-assed “update” that, so far, it seems everyone will hate? Why not just wait til everything can be refreshed properly?
  • kmbell81kmbell81 Posts: 47
    Arttton wrote: »
    420sam wrote: »
    So, you are making it more difficult yet not adjusting anything like rewards or even glory? Can I ask why? How does this benefit the players?

As we said in that post, we are working on a full refresh. We are not at a place or time where we can increase the rewards or fully refresh the mode right now.

If you are working on a full refresh than what is the point of this change again?

did the community ask for new bosses and sentinel addition?

can i have only one logical reason?

Money is the only reason for the change. They are trying to increase revenue.

• Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Honestly I’m not for rankdown tickets, but I feel like the people below 200k could probably do with a 4* one or two with this update, honestly 4*s aren’t a big deal in the game anymore but when you are at that level (I don’t need one I’m over 500k and my roster will Cope fine, might get round to ranking up a 4* rulk or Luke cage to swap for wolvie) but it is the mid range guys I feel will be hit hard here as has been said.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    kmbell81 wrote: »
    So, you are making it more difficult yet not adjusting anything like rewards or even glory? Can I ask why? How does this benefit the players?

As we said in that post, we are working on a full refresh. We are not at a place or time where we can increase the rewards or fully refresh the mode right now.

If you are working on a full refresh than what is the point of this change again?

Yes. That must be it. Anytime they make a change to add a new challenge, they're trying to milk people. It's not like the community asks for change, or people need to have new things to do to switch it up, or we need a change once in a while to grow. No, we must have the same content indefinitely so the Rewards are simple to get, and if they want us to try new things or improve, THEY must pay US.

-.-
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    I'm sure a significant % of the player base use a5/50 Wolvie in aq to limit the items they use and so they should. Now low and behold sentinels arrive they're bleed immune and gain extra charges over mutant class... Funny that

I totally agree. Using Wolverine with an emphasis on "limiting item use". Guess what happens when we use items...$$$

Surprise, surprise.

But if you got a good Parry and intercepting game Wolvie will still get the job done... and regen.
  • tutyimutyitutyimutyi Posts: 326
    It was a time for changes,we were doing the same aq for too long and it was really boring.but to change it for much harder and to make wolverine and x-23 almost useless?is it a bad joke?it was already really annoying with 8-9k prestige.now the season is coming,when the alliances are going to push the aw and they will do map3.something wrong with the marketing,design and communication teams.big time
  • RockonRockon Posts: 271
    All i can suggest is if changes are made without the thought of what the player base uses and we have to move at the pace of what kabam has designed and thought how a player whom plays all the time to move with the progression path but it effects most people do people move down, adapt or stop all together? the game is good but the flaws exist and still exist
  • Hemi_123Hemi_123 Posts: 9
    Right approach is they should introduce new champions first those are good encounter for these sentinels and minibosses and let us have them (most of us). Than go for what even you want to do. We worked on our current champions for years, Now they will become uselss. Aq is not like story quest that u will do it wheneven you will have good champions. Everyone is doing aq with whatever champion they have.
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike Free maps and 30 minute timers for the first month would be a great gesture of goodwill. It will allow the community to conserve those resources while learning the new enemies and perfecting the team needed for the added difficulty. Plus a lot of players will still be buying potions and revives to complete the map.
  • RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★
    Are we gonna get maps showcasing the placement of the champs or do we go in there and just get surprised with bleed and poison immune champs?
  • TonedefTonedef Posts: 137
    I think all the champs besides the mini-bosses and syms are staying the same for now.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    kmbell81 wrote: »

I completely disagree, anyone who didn’t think AQ was ridiculously stale is strange.

Symboids were seriously annoying, changes were needed.

Yes they were stale, yes changes were needed. However changes should happen at once. Not give us one without the other. The other being better rewards as well.

I would be happier if rewards were bumped too, but at least this is something in the right direction.

It is strange that the rewards were not looked at or tweaked a little bit, but we know it’s on the horizon and hopefully with us soon and a new season
  • @Kabam Miike I also have the Intension that this new change in AQ is to milk the players to buy health potions. The most disappointing fact for me is that I build my team for Quest and War. Mostly for Quest. I am not the best player and don’t have the best champions but I bring my Archangel and X23 to a good and playable level to run Map 5 Quest. Now, with this change you destroy my whole setup and for me, both champions are not effective anymore in Quest. I highly suggest to send alongside with the update rank down tickets for the champions to minimize the disadvantage of your update. The CC T4 aren’t easy to get and we must think carefully whom to rank up. Due to changes in game, we must re arrange our set up. Pleased to hear from you.
  • Nopiii111Nopiii111 Posts: 28
    @Kabam Miike harder AQ and broken evade and parry bugs! REALLY???!
  • RetroRocksRetroRocks Posts: 67
    At least with the adaptoids and symbioids each had a different move set, each class a completely different fight, if each sentinel-oid has the same move set its gonna get really repetitive and dull real fast no matter who you use.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 628 ★★★
    linux wrote: »
    Carmel1 wrote: »
    I agree with @DNA3000
    We fought enough Nightcrawlers in AW to know he's A LOT harder than rhino\cable\mordo and this is not a question of practice.

Actually with the right kind of practice NC is easier than the others -- at least so long as there's a simple way to change his mode. If they fix that, then it'll be different. But Void is much harder than Hyperion -- I'm not looking forward to fights where his base attack is boosted and he gains unstoppable for the last 25% of the fight. At max difficulty that's going to be brutal.

Miniboss with unavoidable damage and unblockable at 25% is much harder than Hyperion.
    most of the counters to hyperion are also older champs that many of us have
    i still think that NC is much harder. i saw the videos of how to make him switch modes with the light attack but i can't even bring him to a state that hold block. not sure what i'm doing wrong or maybe it's like kabam like to say "it's a device issue". one evade - one bug\glitch\frame drop and you are dead again him.
    i'm not looking forward the new season but Kabam doesn't care.
    they dropped the ball "this is how it's going to be" and put the chat on mute..
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 628 ★★★
    I agree with @DNA3000
    We fought enough Nightcrawlers in AW to know he's A LOT harder than rhino\cable\mordo and this is not a question of practice.

Actually with the right kind of practice NC is easier than the others -- at least so long as there's a simple way to change his mode. If they fix that, then it'll be different. But Void is much harder than Hyperion -- I'm not looking forward to fights where his base attack is boosted and he gains unstoppable for the last 25% of the fight. At max difficulty that's going to be brutal.

Miniboss with unavoidable damage and unblockable at 25% is much harder than Hyperion.
    most of the counters to hyperion are also older champs that many of us have
    i still think that NC is much harder. i saw the videos of how to make him switch modes with the light attack but i can't even bring him to a state that hold block. not sure what i'm doing wrong or maybe it's like kabam like to say "it's a device issue". one evade - one bug\glitch\frame drop and you are dead again him.
    i'm not looking forward the new season but Kabam doesn't care.
    they dropped the ball "this is how it's going to be" and put the chat on mute..

It took me some practice to be able to do it consistently -- at first I kept instinctively responding in ways that exited the state. Now I can do it fairly reliably; it makes my unduped 4/55 NC much less imposing for AWD, but so it goes.

how do you bait him to dash back and start the timer?
    he barely block, and when he does he do it without the timer.
    sometime i see the timer blinking like he hold block for a millisecond, release it and then again.
    i saw many videos of peoples changing his mode but in these videos he "spam" his mode timer.