**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Possible cause of failed parry/lag/unresponsive input

So I just did several AW fights, the failed parry (even though it was timed perfectly), severe lag and unresponsive controls for evading and attacking cost me a champ. This happens daily. What I noticed today and on several other occasions that may be an indication of the cause, is after force closing the game (once fights were done) and reopening it. I immediately received the calendar rewards. It seems that if these rewards are being pushed to the game and you are fighting when that is happening, it causes these severe issues.

I sincerely hope that the dev team can investigate this and push a resolution.

I am using an iPhone 7+ on latest iOS and today’s game update.

Comments

• MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Makes sense.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    It's a thought. I'm not sure it would account for the other varying times these issues are present.
  • Zer0bitsZer0bits Posts: 104
    It's a thought. I'm not sure it would account for the other varying times these issues are present.

It could be when game is having data pushed to it. That normally happens behind the scenes, but the calendar rewards push is something that we can see. Examples could potentially be season ranking updates, help requests, new crystals introduced to purchase, new offers in stores, etc.

• ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,138 ★★★★★
    They don't like it when you ping them, because then they look even worse when they don't answer!!! Because they've just stopped answering across the board. :(
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Zer0bits wrote: »

It could be when game is having data pushed to it. That normally happens behind the scenes, but the calendar rewards push is something that we can see. Examples could potentially be season ranking updates, help requests, new crystals introduced to purchase, new offers in stores, etc.

It appears to be the game forcing data through during fights. I understand the game has to remain transmitting to show that the fight is "un-tampered" but the game is also forcing through other data that isn't fight critical. This is why things like helps (especially helps received) are such an obvious source of lag because your teammates are spamming the help button. I genuinely wouldn't mind if all non-critical items are deferred until the loading screen is active.

If I pause the game during a fight and have helps pending, then those helps should also be deferred until the fight is complete, even if that means they wait an additional hour. There is nothing in the game outside of the fight itself that is critical enough to transmit during a fight.
  • Zer0bitsZer0bits Posts: 104
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    Zer0bits wrote: »

It appears to be the game forcing data through during fights. I understand the game has to remain transmitting to show that the fight is "un-tampered" but the game is also forcing through other data that isn't fight critical. This is why things like helps (especially helps received) are such an obvious source of lag because your teammates are spamming the help button. I genuinely wouldn't mind if all non-critical items are deferred until the loading screen is active.

If I pause the game during a fight and have helps pending, then those helps should also be deferred until the fight is complete, even if that means they wait an additional hour. There is nothing in the game outside of the fight itself that is critical enough to transmit during a fight.

I agree, I don’t think anything non critical should be being pushed to your game during AQ/AW fights especially. Since those are the most important. I mean we do everything we can on our end to keep the connection the best it can be. I know that I, along with many others, enable do not disturb and low power mode before attempting any AQ/AW fights.