**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Act 4 Tips?

Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
I'm just about half way through Act four and I was wondering if there was any nodes I should watch out for or hard champions to look out for.

Comments

• TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    I'm just about half way through Act four and I was wondering if there was any nodes I should watch out for or hard champions to look out for.

I cannot recall all the nodes. I know there are some with starburst (including one quest where starburst is on the global node). Bring a good healer, power drainer, and a champ with some immunities. And be ready for some long fights.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    I got magik for a power lock champ and I have iceman for immunities, but I don't got a good healer
    I got magik for a power lock champ and I have iceman for immunities, but I don't got a good healer

With enough skill and potions you could still be okay. You will struggle to complete all the paths in chapter 4 without having a good healer. But you could always use a 3* max ranked SW if she has a high enough sig.
    Ok, I'm doing it to awaken my blade because I'm going to rank 5 him very soon
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    I think after they changed the Act to remove some tough nodes and I think changed a few bosses? (can't recalled), it seems Act 4 has become quite easy. I completed my Act 4 long long time ago, but never had the time or energy to 100% explore it, now I'm going back to try to explore one round each time, to slowly complete 100% exploration. I found it pretty easy, alot easier than I remembered.

Someone posted this thread with plenty of "relatively recent" info related to Act 4. By recent I mean back in Sept 2017.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/20337/act-4-discussion-new-forum-it-was-hard-to-locate-information

Personally I didn't bother to read anymore, some nodes in Act 4 I just use the auto-fight to save time, afterall I have spent too much time trying to do solo/alliance event milestones, daily quests for resources, AQ, AW and most of all Arena grinding.

Good luck to you and to me on having the time to complete Act 4 to 100% explored! Cheers! :)

p/s: Judging at my progress (doing slowly 1 round per day), I think you'll finish ahead of me :)
    Also does maestro have arc overload in a random buff?
    Thanks for the info guys and I will check out the link, and I was going to ask what chapter has Starburst in it?
    Also does maestro have arc overload in a random buff?

No, he gets it from a linked node on lane 3. In order to 100% that last quest you have to overcome him with arc overload 4 separate times.
    Dang, well he's going to be fun and interactive.
  • godsquad891godsquad891 Posts: 779 ★★
    theres the regain mags to look out for and the 1* symbiote spider man buy a lot of energy refills as takes loads lol
  • 420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    theres the regain mags to look out for and the 1* symbiote spider man buy a lot of energy refills as takes loads lol

Isn't the regen Mags in Chapter 2 of Act 4?
    420sam wrote: »

No I'm on the last quest chapter 2 of act four and I haven't ran into him yet.
  • 420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    420sam wrote: »

No I'm on the last quest chapter 2 of act four and I haven't ran into him yet.

Oh, lol. Then he is lots of fun too. And if you use Guillotine then be ready for her s2 not to cause the regen to reverse due to his magnetism.
  • Idk wut u guys are talking about.
  • SkinnySam321SkinnySam321 Posts: 19
    edited March 2018
    This is a good post.
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    My r5 X23 was awesome in act 4. I am still working to 100% chapter 4.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,343 ★★★★★
    I'm going back and 100%ing Act 4 at present. My top tips:

1 - Don't go down lanes without looking at the linked nodes. There are champs in several chapters of Act 4 (notably 4.4.3) who receive eight or nine links; and these guys can be incredibly tough.

2 - Don't sleepwalk through the maps (i): There are also occasional champs (both with and without linked nodes) with a PI of 12,000 in the midst of a map full of other champs 3500-4000.

3 - Don't sleepwalk through the maps (ii): Check the maps for Energy refills whilst you're exploring. It's frustrating to spot one on a different track halfway through. Act four requires absurd amounts of energy.

4 - Any paths lacking opponents will be absolutely packed with ambushes.

5 - The final boss (Groot) in 4.4.4 provides you with a combo shield. Take someone who benefits from this, such as Star Lord, Thor Ragnarok or Cyclops (blue). Have enormous fun with your free boost!
  • captaincushcaptaincush Posts: 531 ★★★
    Also watch out for the Juggs in one of the quests of chapter 3, if you try to pick up all the chests on the path to him, it adds a ton of links to him. Better to balance them out on each trip down that path.
  • I ran into the 12000 on act 4 chapter 2 last quest. I just couldn’t beat him. He healed faster than I could do damage. I’m trying to 100% act 4 as I go. Any tips?
  • ss1100ss1100 Posts: 365
    Ummm... Nothing specially difficult in particular... Just degen nodes.. wp took k of that.. apart from that

1. Mad juggs in 4.3.3
    2. Venom short path in 4.3.6

Apart from that nothing special
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    ss1100 wrote: »
    Ummm... Nothing specially difficult in particular... Just degen nodes.. wp took k of that.. apart from that

1. Mad juggs in 4.3.3
    2. Venom short path in 4.3.6

Apart from that nothing special

But at least there are simple tricks to beating both of those.