**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The AI has been modified again!? What I’ve noticed...

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,246 ★★★★★
    There's a difference between saying something is different, and saying they're altering it and not being honest about it. Something that's hard to grasp for some.
  • Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Also the ai has changed which is a totally normal thing to do in these games as players, champs an abilities Change an improve over time. 1 instant that is very clear is the ai ability to intercept you with a special attack an to do a heavy then immediately fire off a special.
  • Options
    Mmx1991 wrote: »
    There's a difference between saying something is different, and saying they're altering it and not being honest about it. Something that's hard to grasp for some.

If the AI is literally BEHAVING differently (ie. using dexterity evades 4x as much as a year ago), then Kabam must have changed the AI to do this, unless of course you're implying that they didn't and that the AI is actually self aware and learn behaviors themselves without human intervention, lmao.

YOUR theory is the conspiracy theory, not ours. Either Kabam is changing the AI or not. It doesn't happen by itself. AI doesn't dex evade 4x as much over a year by itself.
    I would suggest looking up what a conspiracy theory is. Despite their numerous comments that they haven't changed the AI, you continue to maintain that's a lie. That would be the epitome of a conspiracy theory. You're also using broken logic to support it. I'm operating on the information provided. There's no conspiracy in that.
  • Options
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    You're free to disagree. Saying we don't know for sure is redundant. None of us have access to the database. However, the game is a combination of the Build and the server. The physical mechanics themselves are in the Build. The computer that determines what Abilities are triggered that are based on RNG are on the server. Meaning, the computer sends the message for the Ability to trigger and the Animation executes it. Do I know absolutely? No. I have a pretty fair idea how the game works.
    The theory that the AI has been changed is not fact.

yeah wrong again. The game doesn't communicate with the server until the fight is over, that means all the mechanics for the fight are in the build on your phone. Can you just imagine how bad fights would be if every movement an every RNG based decision had to go from your phone to the server then back to your phone, lmao. Once the fight is over it then communicates the result of that fight to the server.

It doesn't only communicate at the end of the Fight. It may have at one point in the game's history.
  • Options
    Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★

If the AI is literally BEHAVING differently (ie. using dexterity evades 4x as much as a year ago), then Kabam must have changed the AI to do this, unless of course you're implying that they didn't and that the AI is actually self aware and learn behaviors themselves without human intervention, lmao.

YOUR theory is the conspiracy theory, not ours. Either Kabam is changing the AI or not. It doesn't happen by itself. AI doesn't dex evade 4x as much over a year by itself.
    I would suggest looking up what a conspiracy theory is. Despite their numerous comments that they haven't changed the AI, you continue to maintain that's a lie. That would be the epitome of a conspiracy theory. You're also using broken logic to support it. I'm operating on the information provided. There's no conspiracy in that.

Observing behaviors directly is more important than second hand accounts of how something should behave.

I don't care about SHOULD, I care about WHAT IS.

AI IS dex evading 3-4x as much as a year ago.

This is behavior.

Behavior is programmed.

Who programs the game? Kabam. Unless of course you think this game has self learning AI. Do you?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    You're free to disagree. Saying we don't know for sure is redundant. None of us have access to the database. However, the game is a combination of the Build and the server. The physical mechanics themselves are in the Build. The computer that determines what Abilities are triggered that are based on RNG are on the server. Meaning, the computer sends the message for the Ability to trigger and the Animation executes it. Do I know absolutely? No. I have a pretty fair idea how the game works.

yeah wrong again. The game doesn't communicate with the server until the fight is over, that means all the mechanics for the fight are in the build on your phone. Can you just imagine how bad fights would be if every movement an every RNG based decision had to go from your phone to the server then back to your phone, lmao. Once the fight is over it then communicates the result of that fight to the server.

It doesn't only communicate at the end of the Fight. It may have at one point in the game's history.

Yes it does. The game does not communicate with the server during combat for the way the ai reacs an fights
  • Options
    That's the only possibilities you see? Either they altered the game, or we're fighting Skynet? You're dead-set on asserting that they're changing it. You've posted this umpteen times that I've seen. We can go ahead and disagree because you refuse to accept the possibility otherwise. They're not messing with the game. I've said it, they've said it, don't know what else to say besides that. You can keep asking open-ended questions, but that doesn't make it true. All it does is breed suspicion.
  • Options
    That's the only possibilities you see? Either they altered the game, or we're fighting Skynet? You're dead-set on asserting that they're changing it. You've posted this umpteen times that I've seen. We can go ahead and disagree because you refuse to accept the possibility otherwise. They're not messing with the game. I've said it, they've said it, don't know what else to say besides that. You can keep asking open-ended questions, but that doesn't make it true. All it does is breed suspicion.

It must be true if you've said it then lol
  • Options

Yes it does. The game does not communicate with the server during combat for the way the ai reacs an fights

The game communicates with the server constantly. Why do you think people have crashed during the Arena from lost connections? At one point, the game may have only communicated after the Fight. Not anymore. The game runs on a steady connection. Whether my theory is correct or not, who knows? There is definitely a server component to it. The entire game is not stored in the Build. Part of it is contained within the server as well. It's not just the Crystals. Lol.
  • Options
    Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    edited March 2018

AI dex evades 3-4x as much since a year ago. It's an undisputed fact if you've ever bothered to play the game.

Kabam says they haven't made any changes.

Reality says otherwise.

So what's causing the AI to avoid our attacks more frequently and consistently over time? An Unintended bug? An unintended bug that slowly ramps up over many months, and seems to get worse after updates?
  • Options

AI dex evades 3-4x as much since a year ago. It's an undisputed fact if you've ever bothered to play the game.

Kabam says they haven't made any changes.

Reality says otherwise.

What's causing the AI to consistently avoid more of our attacks?

It has to be an unintended bug if Kabam says they haven't made any changes. Right?

We can agree to disagree. I do not agree that it's 3-4x as much. There are varying speeds of AI. I've had Fights that Parry every hit. That's been the same for as long as I can remember. Same with Dex. I Grind alot. I notice. Some Fights are regular speed. Others it's on RedBull. Inconsistent, yes. Been that way a long time. The difference now, and the reason you're noticing, is the lag in controls. We aren't keeping up like we used to. That's the issue. The variation in speeds. There's no way they're doing that intentionally. I'm really not interested in having this conversation anymore because it's not about the topic. It's about you confirming your own suspicions.
  • Options
    It's conspiracy to imply that they're changing the AI and not telling people. Yes. It's not conspiracy that things aren't always resolved. Acknowledgement is a different story. They acknowledge issues all the time. That doesn't mean they can fix them, and that doesn't mean they're intentional changes because they haven't yet.
  • Options

The game communicates with the server constantly. Why do you think people have crashed during the Arena from lost connections? At one point, the game may have only communicated after the Fight. Not anymore. The game runs on a steady connection. Whether my theory is correct or not, who knows? There is definitely a server component to it. The entire game is not stored in the Build. Part of it is contained within the server as well. It's not just the Crystals. Lol.

Yes it communicates Just to make sure their is a connection but not for every RNG based decision of that fight. What Are basing your assumptions off an why do you think it checks every RNG an ability triggers with the server ?
  • Options
    OndZOndZ Posts: 75
    I dont believe that servers controll every AI move "online". I believe there are algorithms what are loaded into your phone and used during the fight.

Maybe there's a ping to server at the start of the fight to ask - what combo of different algorithms may be used in this specific fight.

But online controll of AI movement is not likely in my opinion.

I know WOT Blitz can do something like this, but its a game based on World of Tanks what works precisely - all calculations are made on the servers - client has no way to modificate them. But i dont believe its the same in MCOC.
  • Options

Yes it communicates Just to make sure their is a connection but not for every RNG based decision of that fight. What Are basing your assumptions off an why do you think it checks every RNG an ability triggers with the server ?

It's a combination of both, actually. In terms of the AI, that is the computer itself. The AI is not contained within the Build. Neither is the RNG. There is some data on the Build, and some on the server. I didn't say it determines every move. I said it's involved with RNG-based Abilities triggering. There is a sending and receiving process to it. What am I basing my theory on? Knowledge and observations. Same as anyone else.
  • Options

It's a combination of both, actually. In terms of the AI, that is the computer itself. The AI is not contained within the Build. Neither is the RNG. There is some data on the Build, and some on the server. I didn't say it determines every move. I said it's involved with RNG-based Abilities triggering. There is a sending and receiving process to it. What am I basing my theory on? Knowledge and observations. Same as anyone else.

Still wrong, if the game had to communicate with servers during fight for the amount RNG required on champs for things like dex, evade, parry an champ specific abilities it would be unplayable with lag an latency for half the player base, especially on 3g or poor data. connection

• Options
    To be fair, I've had the same idea, that if we could function without the constant connection and send only after the Fight, it would be less problematic, but I suspect that would make the Build extremely huge given the range of Champs and data needed to embed into it at this stage of the game.
  • Options

Still wrong, if the game had to communicate with servers during fight for the amount RNG required on champs for things like dex, evade, parry an champ specific abilities it would be unplayable with lag an latency for half the player base, especially on 3g or poor data. connection

First of all, it's at that state now.

Secondly, that's my theory. There is an issue caused by the communication with the server. You're free to disagree, but the Build itself doesn't contain everything within it, and the data does more than just check to see of it's connected or not. That's my theory. It's consistent with what I'm observing.

Not sure what you mean it's at that stage now ?

I didn't say it contains everything in it. However it does contain all the mechanics necessary for RNG decisions for during a fight. Why do you think they issue updates when there are problems with champs. If it was like you were suggesting then they would not need to issue updates for fixes
  • Options

Secondly, that's my theory. There is an issue caused by the communication with the server. You're free to disagree, but the Build itself doesn't contain everything within it, and the data does more than just check to see of it's connected or not. That's my theory. It's consistent with what I'm observing.

I didn't say it contains everything in it. However it does contain all the mechanics necessary for RNG decisions for during a fight. Why do you think they issue updates when there are problems with champs. If it was like you were suggesting then they would not need to issue updates for fixes

They can also push fixes server-side for Champs. There's a reason for that.
  • Options

An if that's the case they would do it all the time an not need fixes or hot fixes
  • Options

An if that's the case they would do it all the time an not need fixes or hot fixes

Some fixes can be done server-side. Some need to be integrated into the Build. It all depends on what side the programming is.
  • Options

Some fixes can be done server-side. Some need to be integrated into the Build. It all depends on what side the programming is.
    It's not the most logical guess when you understand the server is responsible for the RNG that generates those Abilities.

So according to you if the server is responsible for those things then they could just patch every with a simple connection to the server
  • Options
    It's gone off topic from the op. Feel free to keep on with it but am done
This discussion has been closed.