**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

NEBULA SECRET NERF??

Comments

• RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Communication overload.
  • Alex_sc11Alex_sc11 Posts: 191
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hi all!

To clarify and clear up some confusion here, no changes have been made to Nebula's abilities or the ability description in game. The team tested this today and confirmed that Nebula's Electroshock Charges are working against Sentinels. It seems the misunderstanding comes from the way the ability was described in the Champion Spotlight. It should read "Ability Accuracy of Robots is reduced by 20% per Electroshock Charge."

Thanks for your feedback about this issue. We are looking at how to potentially improve the ability description text to be more clear for a future update.

Hi! Does this mean that the analysis charges of the sentinels still go up but does not have any effects?
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,677 ★★★★★
    So is ability reduction of sentinels based on shock charges held by Nebula, or applied to the sentinel via well timed block?
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,279 ★★★★★
    AxeCopFire wrote: »
    Electroshock charges are the blue icons that Nebula generates while holding block. They reduce the ability accuracy of robots.

Shock debuffs are the red debuff icons that electroshock charges become on a well timed block. They have no effect on the ability accuracy of robots.

Electroshock Charges do not equal Shock Debuffs... the names aren't even the same. Why is this so complicated for people?

So the active non-passive electroshock charges on Nebula become active non-passive shock debuffs on the opponent when nebula executes a well-timed block.

Who’s on 1st and 20% ability accuracy reduction is on 2nd. Cleared that up nicely.

It’s super simple but people are making it more complicated than it needs to be.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    rooster30 wrote: »
    Hi all!

To clarify and clear up some confusion here, no changes have been made to Nebula's abilities or the ability description in game. The team tested this today and confirmed that Nebula's Electroshock Charges are working against Sentinels. It seems the misunderstanding comes from the way the ability was described in the Champion Spotlight. It should read "Ability Accuracy of Robots is reduced by 20% per Electroshock Charge."

Thanks for your feedback about this issue. We are looking at how to potentially improve the ability description text to be more clear for a future update.

Yes, her electroshock charges are “working” as in they apply and do damage, but i had 8 on a sentinel in map 4, and made an oops and had to block his sp1 beam. I think it was incinerate or something that proc’d through my block.
    So am I missing something? shouldn’t 8 electroshock charges have shut that down? They were active when he threw he sp1 as well.

Electroshock charges do not deal damage. Shock debuffs deal damage. Shock debuffs are not electroshock charges.
  • Taserface597Taserface597 Posts: 87
    edited April 2018
    Hi all!

Yes, her electroshock charges are “working” as in they apply and do damage, but i had 8 on a sentinel in map 4, and made an oops and had to block his sp1 beam. I think it was incinerate or something that proc’d through my block.
    So am I missing something? shouldn’t 8 electroshock charges have shut that down? They were active when he threw he sp1 as well.
    I’m thinking it’s like AxeCop said. Charges on you, not the bot.

Facepalm
    Have u even read her description? Do u know the difference between a shock and an electroshock charge? Let me help u out herecz4fnt8ec5in.jpeg
    d70tg6e75a0i.jpeg
    So once u do a well timed block nebulas electroshock charges(the things that reduce ability accuracy of robot) get changed to shocks on the robot thus no longer reducing ability accuracy.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Hi all!

Facepalm
    Have u even read her description? Do u know the difference between a shock and an electroshock charge? Let me help u out herecz4fnt8ec5in.jpeg
    d70tg6e75a0i.jpeg
    So once u do a well timed block nebulas electroshock charges(the things that reduce ability accuracy of robot) get changed to shocks on the robot thus no longer reducing ability accuracy.

I think what rooster was saying was that he had 8 charges with nebula, then had to block an sp1 from the sentinel. When the sentinel hit nebula’s block it applied a debuff to nebula when it shouldn’t have due to nebula’s charges.

I could be wrong, seeing as I’m tired, but I don’t think that rooster was saying that he had parried and swapped the charges into shock debuffs. Although I will stand corrected.
  • rooster30 wrote: »
    Hi all!

Facepalm
    d70tg6e75a0i.jpeg

I think what rooster was saying was that he had 8 charges with nebula, then had to block an sp1 from the sentinel. When the sentinel hit nebula’s block it applied a debuff to nebula when it shouldn’t have due to nebula’s charges.

I could be wrong, seeing as I’m tired, but I don’t think that rooster was saying that he had parried and swapped the charges into shock debuffs. Although I will stand corrected.

How does he have 8 on a sentinel when electroshock charges on on her? I think he said it right. He had 8 electroshock charges and parried it and placed shocks on it then blocked a sp1 expecting it to not do anything. Electroshock charges don’t do dmg as he stated they were doing dmg. Go to sleep. He then states they were still active. Well electroshock charges never expire, they get changed into shocks with a parry. I think u are wrong on this one fella
  • Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    Hi all!

Facepalm
    d70tg6e75a0i.jpeg

How does he have 8 on a sentinel when electroshock charges on on her? I think he said it right. He had 8 electroshock charges and parried it and placed shocks on it then blocked a sp1 expecting it to not do anything. Electroshock charges don’t do dmg as he stated they were doing dmg. Go to sleep. He then states they were still active. Well electroshock charges never expire, they get changed into shocks with a parry. I think u are wrong on this one fella

He's saying the sammmmmeeee thinnngg as youuuuuuu ommmgggg. No one is saying he did a perry and discharged them to shocks.
  • SillyCaitlinSillyCaitlin Posts: 535
    That stinks. Nebula is my next in line to be ranked up, as she's my only decent bleed/poison immune. Any idea when they'll fix the Sentinels' programming?
  • Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Yall need to call down. Thanks for demonstrating the laughability of mob mentality. Quite simply the sentineloids were not coded correctly to be subject to aftershock charges. If you filed a proper bug report it would be addressed.

And if you want to reference how nebula’s ability has not changed contestchampion or seatin will have an archived play test of her you can reference.

Fine one to talk when your joining in with mob mentality by calling them sentineloids like the rest of the mob . Has it got symbiote attached in it, no because there isn't. It's a robot called a sentinel. Really not hard to understand

The "oid" part of the name has nothing to do with the symbiote.

Symbiods may be attached to the symbiote, but sentineloids is clearly attached to the sentinel...
  • Taserface597Taserface597 Posts: 87
    edited April 2018
    Drummer16 wrote: »
    Hi all!

Facepalm
    d70tg6e75a0i.jpeg

He's saying the sammmmmeeee thinnngg as youuuuuuu ommmgggg. No one is saying he did a perry and discharged them to shocks.

Annnnoooootherrrrrr perrrrrsssssonnnnn thaaaaat caaaaan’t reeeeaaaad
  • Drummer16 wrote: »
    Hi all!

Facepalm
    d70tg6e75a0i.jpeg

Annnnoooootherrrrrr perrrrrsssssonnnnn thaaaaat caaaaan’t reeeeaaaad

The comment says they had 8 charges(which means 100%+ ability reduction).This means that none of their abilities are supposed to work, they’re wondering why they got a debuff placed on them since they didn’t apparently parry the sp1.
    Nope. The original poster said the sentinel had shocks and were still taking dmg. Again read the full thing
  • Mohit_7Mohit_7 Posts: 88
    Interesting
  • EvilRazorEvilRazor Posts: 143
    Hey guys,
    I tested this, I used Nebula in Uncollected quest and she has prevented a Sentinel to analysis my moves while I had 6 eletroshock charges. But in AQ, I was running map 4, on that bleed node near to Dormmamu with a Science Sentinel, and I used Nebula, with 6 eletroshock charges again, I could not prevent Sentinel to analysis, he gained 4 analysis per move instead. They are buffed in AQ for sure
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Hi all!

Facepalm
    d70tg6e75a0i.jpeg

Another person that can’t read

The comment says they had 8 charges(which means 100%+ ability reduction. This means that none of their abilities are supposed to work, they’re wondering why they got a debuff placed on them since they didn’t parry the sp1 apparently.
    Yes, her electroshock charges are “working” as in they apply and do damage, but i had 8 on a sentinel in map 4

See underlined/bold/italicized section.

He had 8 shocks ON SENTINEL. Meaning non on Nebula attributing to her ability reduction.
  • Repto23Repto23 Posts: 735 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    Lmfao they just told us what we already knew thanks for "clarifying"
    Hi all!

Now would you mind telling us wether the charges need to be put on opponent or just charged on nebula.

Ps while your at it could you also tell us why Senteniels are still gaining analysis charges when armor shattered. I mean aside from just cause
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Hi all!

Facepalm
    d70tg6e75a0i.jpeg

Another person that can’t read

The comment says they had 8 charges(which means 100%+ ability reduction. This means that none of their abilities are supposed to work, they’re wondering why they got a debuff placed on them since they didn’t parry the sp1 apparently.
    Yes, her electroshock charges are “working” as in they apply and do damage, but i had 8 on a sentinel in map 4

See underlined/bold/italicized section.

He had 8 shocks ON SENTINEL. Meaning non on Nebula attributing to her ability reduction.

I think that @rooster30 meant 8 electroshock charges on a sentinel, as in 8 electro shock charges during the fight. The rest of his argument makes more sense that way, it would be great if he could clarify what he meant. As @Taserface597 is just being rude over what I believe he is wrong.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    edited April 2018
    Time to level up that Nebula and clear this mess, once and for all. Sounds like she can be useful in AQ, only if..
  • DarcilisDarcilis Posts: 54
    When Nebula holds block, she gains Electroshock charges. They are the blue icons on Nebula. When she has 5 of these, she should shut down the abilities of robots. SO, AS LONG AS YOU HAVE 5 BLUE ICONS ON NEBULA, then you should shut down the abilities of robots.

If you parry, then you place the electroshock charges onto your opponent and they become shock charges. SHOCK CHARGES DO NOT SHUT DOWN ROBOT ABILITY ACCURACY.

If you want to shut down robot ability accuracy, DO NOT PARRY if you are holding 5 or more electroshock charges.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    Darcilis wrote: »
    When Nebula holds block, she gains Electroshock charges. They are the blue icons on Nebula. When she has 5 of these, she should shut down the abilities of robots. SO, AS LONG AS YOU HAVE 5 BLUE ICONS ON NEBULA, then you should shut down the abilities of robots.

If you parry, then you place the electroshock charges onto your opponent and they become shock charges. SHOCK CHARGES DO NOT SHUT DOWN ROBOT ABILITY ACCURACY.

If you want to shut down robot ability accuracy, DO NOT PARRY if you are holding 5 or more electroshock charges.
    So if someone had 8 electroshock charges then parried a sentineloid converting those charges to shocks putting them on the sentineloid then made an oops and blocked a s1 they would still have debuffs applied to them?
    🤣😆😂😆🤣😆😂
  • Hey everyone, just thought I might jump in here and try to clarify this for everyone. Nebula builds up electroshock charges on herself when holding block; these show up as blue icons under her health bar. Robots she's fighting will have their ability accuracy reduced by 20% for each of these electroshock charges she has stored up.

If she performs a well-timed block while she has electroshock charges on her, she will spend all of those charges she has and place a Shock debuff on her opponent for every electroshock charge spent. Since this would leave her with 0 electroshock charges, she would no longer reduce the ability accuracy of robots until she builds more charges on herself.
This discussion has been closed.